3 stars plus hh

wbbfan

On 2019-08-24 at 8:27 AM, Noeller said:

I don't wanna quote everyone talking about the global players, but I read a piece last week talking about the globals contributing, and they listed, I believe the stat was "number of snaps played", and Hansen was actually second to Edmonton's global player (can't remember his name). Now, having said that, I'd say that Hansen has been more productive, just based on what he's actually accomplished on the field, but Edmonton's global has apparently been on the field for more snaps, whether on Teams or O/D (not sure if their player is O or D)....

So just looking at Edm's roster... the only Global they have on their active roster is french LB Maxime Rouyer... his stat line for the year is 2 special teams tackles in 10 games... Hansen's stat line in 10 games is 5 tackles, 1 sack and one forced fumble... Now Hansen has most of those stats (probably all of them) in the last two games but still I would argue he's been the most significant global player so far... 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

So just looking at Edm's roster... the only Global they have on their active roster is french LB Maxime Rouyer... his stat line for the year is 2 special teams tackles in 10 games... Hansen's stat line in 10 games is 5 tackles, 1 sack and one forced fumble... Now Hansen has most of those stats (probably all of them) in the last two games but still I would argue he's been the most significant global player so far... 

Thought Hansen really stood out in pre-season on special teams. Was definitely noticed. Hes been a solid surprise tho. 

On 2019-08-24 at 5:48 PM, Brandon said:

Willie is his own agent, so if he likes it here then I don't see the issue on signing him long term. He did leave money on the table when he signed with the Blue.

Yeah he will be 29 for next year and probably too old to get a look down south short of a 20+ sack year or some thing crazy. Lots of young big athletic DEs come in every year down south. Be we well poised to keep willypeg going for years to come. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah he will be 29 for next year and probably too old to get a look down south short of a 20+ sack year or some thing crazy. Lots of young big athletic DEs come in every year down south. Be we well poised to keep willypeg going for years to come. 

He'd be considered small in the NFL too... most teams would want a 6'7 DE to be 280+ lbs... warranted or not, size matters in the NFL...

Also: Williepeg*

Edited by bearpants

Just now, bearpants said:

He'd be considered small in the NFL too... most teams would want a 6'7 DE to be 280+ lbs... warranted or not, size matters in the NFL...

Also: Williepeg*

No not that big, only if the team is running a 3-4. Plenty of pass rushers in the nfl in the 255 range. He would probably be a jack lber though.