Mods: Why No Game Day Thread?

iso_55

I dont think anyone is against a game day thread. The dire suggestion of what will or not happen if we don't have one derails the conversation a bit.

I think we need to do a better job of advertising the chat room. And if that means having a thread created the day of the game setting up the match and inviting people into the chat room, we can certainly do that.

Curious from the out of towners and those that don't go to the games. How busy is the chat room for home games?

It's about maybe half...sometimes more.  Depends who joins.

Like Saturday we had about 14 people in there.  But Noeller, 17, Mike, etc...were missing from the room where they'd normally be in there.  And Bluto, who's been incommunicado for a while, happened to be in there.  He's just been really busy with work.  During at home games we have people coming in and out of the chat room from the stadium...cause the internet sucks so bad when you're there, and then there's the usual crowd plus a few others that randomly come in and out.

Usually no less then 8 and no more then 20 during a game.  I'm guessing if they started winning that might increase.   :)

yeah noeller and I were watching the game delayed on the PVR (and quite drunk so you wouldn't have wanted to hear what we were saying anyway) 

The chat room is in my mind a very superior option to having all the one liners and complaining or wooing in a massive game thread. I would suggest that a post game thread is really the thing that should be there rather than a thread for the game going on.

I have spent far too much time moderating game day threads over the years. Objectionable posts were always fuelled by losing games and beer consumption...not necessarily in that order.

That being said, there's nothing preventing anyone from starting a game day thread. But who's going to moderate?

I'm not.

I love the chat room, IF I'm able to go in and chat during the game.  Sometimes you guys have interesting insight into plays/penalties etc (and other times it's just drunk gibberish....) which on occasion used to go into game day threads.  I miss the insight on the many times I'm not watching a game live. 

However,  even if there IS a game day thread, no one will post there as there as the are all in chat, so it seems like it will be pretty empty.  Everyone who wants to read stuff after, you're not the ones who would post DURING the game, and the people online who would post DURING the game are in chat. 

See the dilemma?  I also am with the 'anyone can make a thread' group so in the end why is this an issue at all...?  You just NEED a mod to do it?  On OB wasn't it just a random person?

I don't think we need a game thread but I think a post game thread would be a great idea. The post game talk used to go in the game thread, now it seems quiet around here after games- particularly if you miss the game and want to read some comments.

Don't think it'd a big though. We all know how to create threads if we really want one.