2019 NHL Playoffs

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I got cocky after going 6-2 in the opening round, and am kinda taking it on the chin in R2....at least in the East. I picked STL/COL/NYI/CLB. Go Avs, I suppose...

Had VGK/STL and TPA/CAR in the semi's. 

Pool I'm in has a bunch of silicon valley peeps in it and they went heavy on SJS so need COL to win.

9 hours ago, Jacquie said:

I'm not really cheering for any team at this point but I wouldn't be sad if the Sharks won the Cup. Joe Thornton deserves to win one.

why does Joe Thornton deserve anything?  Just because he's played a long time and made many many millions of dollars?

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And we will finally have the answer as to who won the Evander Kane trade....Evander Kane!

San Jose re-signed Kane in 2018 paying him $49 million on a 7 year contract, now I don't follow NHL hockey closely anymore other than the playoffs but that seems like an insane contract to offer a  player who has never topped 30 goals has peaked and is now entering years of declining value.

20 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

San Jose re-signed Kane in 2018 paying him $49 million on a 7 year contract, now I don't follow NHL hockey closely anymore other than the playoffs but that seems like an insane contract to offer a  player who has never topped 30 goals has peaked and is now entering years of declining value.

Dislike the human but.. He scored 30 in 2011 with the Jets. Had a combined 29 last year with Buff and SJ and scored 30 this year also.. But.. That's certainly not worth 7 million per. 

20 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I heard Scheifele was pissed when he found out Kane signed for more than he makes.... can't blame him really!

Lost in the whole scheifele took a discount thing.. He signed same time as Mackinnon.. It wasn't a discount.. It was the markets going rate at that time. I like 55 but... If You are looking at comparables and numbers of those comparables in terms of points etc... Scheif got market rate.. He got what all 1 centers who signed at that time got.. 

Edited by Goalie