Jets v Blues playoff who wins and why.

Mark F

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Im not making **** up.. Facts.. All the fancy stats tell u CSW has not been good. They give up way more than they produce. You run the horses who are going that night.. U don't run guys who at times, lots of times, look like they Don't give a crap

I don't usually bother, but you said they were "gassing one line" when the fact is all other teams are managing their forwards' TOI exactly the same way

I'm out - just wanted to make that clear.

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

I don't usually bother, but you said they were "gassing one line" when the fact is all other teams are managing their forwards' TOI exactly the same way

I'm out - just wanted to make that clear.

Yes. Difference is lots of those teams dont have whats the word, the reason for deadline trades, ****, DEPTH and talent this team does. 

The talent.. Good god, we are so offensively talented... Multi 30 goal guys.. Most the team with 10 plus.. 

We shouldn't have to gas our "Top Line"  

Here... 

Ill use the young guys excuse.. Cuz thats what Jets do.. Wheeler uses that one lots... The Jets are young.. 

Yet.. Playing 15 16 minutes a night Ehlers Laine Connor (for most part) are 55 to 70 point players when healthy. 

Imagine 15 16 becomes 17 18 or 18 19.. Wheels and Scheif and insert irrelevant winger.. around the same. U have even more points spread out evenly. 

Its truly odd to see 55 and 26 not get broken up once this season.. They DO have lots of points but playing 5 6 minutes more than the next guy.. Its just so dumb lol. Spread out the wealth on this young offensively talented team. 

Maybe the goal in hockey is to score more goals to win... Not sit on 1 0 leads... I dunno. **** playing D.. Win 10 8 if you have 2. 

Edited by Goalie

This team wins when we have a lead and can build on it mainly due to our speed and constant attack at the net. Shoot, shoot lots and shot hard. Tons of misdirection and screens around the net and we are tough to bed when playing with a lead.

When we are playing a tight tie-game or down by one, we fall victims to the trap game (Vegas crushed us in round 3 playing trap, and Nashville nearly did the same in the 2nd round). We tend to try to play "not to lose" instead of playing to win and the rails tend to fall off, especially since February.

Guys need a bit more fire in their belly. A first round exit this year isn't acceptable. How bad do they want it?

I guess it's about time I checked in. Been super busy with life lately. Didn't even realize the playoffs had started and here we are down 0-2. Yikes! How's everyone doing, anyway? 

You gotta win 4 and a 4 game streak for the Jets is not out of the question. Go Jets Go!

20 minutes ago, J5V said:

I guess it's about time I checked in. Been super busy with life lately. Didn't even realize the playoffs had started and here we are down 0-2. Yikes! How's everyone doing, anyway? 

You gotta win 4 and a 4 game streak for the Jets is not out of the question. Go Jets Go!

Got 5 games to win 4. Can we convince Meatloaf to change the song?

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Cost was Trouba probably.

I listened to a bit of the Calgary game last night, (tuned in from Calgary on my radio) they were speaking very highly of Hamonic.

Go Jets!

Edited by Mark F

Projected Jets lineup

Hellebuyck

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Hayes-Roslovic

Morrissey-Trouba
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

You could make the joke Lemieux, our 1st and conditional was traded for a 4th line center :D

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Projected Jets lineup

Hellebuyck

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Hayes-Roslovic

Morrissey-Trouba
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

You could make the joke Lemieux, our 1st and conditional was traded for a 4th line center :D

Is this your projection or was this a tweet from local media?

3 hours ago, iHeart said:

What a surprise...Maurice making no changes....enjoy it Maurice...if we go out 4 straight you only have yourself to blame. Calling it right now..we lose 4 straight we get a new coach for next year.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Projected Jets lineup

Hellebuyck

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Little-Laine
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Perreault-Hayes-Roslovic

Morrissey-Trouba
Chiarot-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers

😂  psst Maurice ,Chiarot is not a top 4 Defensemen....🧐🙄

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

What a surprise...Maurice making no changes....enjoy it Maurice...if we go out 4 straight you only have yourself to blame. Calling it right now..we lose 4 straight we get a new coach for next year.

He confirmed no changes on the back end.  There seem to be changes up front, if Frosty’s post is accurate.

Not that I like the changes.  Especially if the ‘4th’ line gets 7 minutes.

18 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

He confirmed no changes on the back end.  There seem to be changes up front, if Frosty’s post is accurate.

Not that I like the changes.  Especially if the ‘4th’ line gets 7 minutes.

Thing is, it's not like we've been blown out these first two games. Control the tempo, win the majority of 50 50 puck battles so we can roll four lines consistently. Keep out of the box. Any goals Blues get we need to hear Helle had no chance. Need monster games from our top 6 best players especially imo Buff and Schief or we are playing for pride on Tuesday. First 10 minutes of this game will tell us whether Wheeler was right about the team being alright.