Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

Game 69 : A Shark In Jets Clothing

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, pigseye said:

Wow, who pinches late in a tie game like that, #57 take a bow.

But if it had worked...

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

The Hayes line really took it on the chin.... -4, -4, -3.

Little that much worse at 2nd line center?

 

To me the story of the game was that both goalies looked rattled with those tip-in's but it was SJ who went with the feeling you throw everything at the net. 11-4 shots in 3rd.

Perreault now at 2 consecutive games scoring a goal.

 

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Based off the fact that he's been meh with exception to one game since his arrival.  

I thought his first five games here were pretty good, particularly in the faceoff dot. His last two games have been very forgettable, though. Then again, I think the entire team wants to erase last night's mostly pitiful effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

Fun fact: Lemieux has as many points as Hayes since the trade.

But... He also has something like 30 PIMs compared to Hayes 0. Or maybe 2 minutes now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

But... He also has something like 30 PIMs compared to Hayes 0. Or maybe 2 minutes now

Lemieux got a 10 minute match penalty for an elbow, so he'll have another hearing with the discipline committee. As a repeat offender from earlier this year, he could get hammered. I've seen the hit though, the Canuck player was tripped up as was on his knees falling into Lemieux, who was going for a body check to clear the net. The player (Roussel) just happened to have his head at Lemieux's elbow level at that particular moment, and Lemieux did not extend his arm or anything. Had Roussel kept his feet, this would have been an ordinary body check IMO. But Lemieux's history will work against him, I suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Lemieux got a 10 minute match penalty for an elbow, so he'll have another hearing with the discipline committee. As a repeat offender from earlier this year, he could get hammered. I've seen the hit though, the Canuck player was tripped up as was on his knees falling into Lemieux, who was going for a body check to clear the net. The player (Roussel) just happened to have his head at Lemieux's elbow level at that particular moment, and Lemieux did not extend his arm or anything. Had Roussel kept his feet, this would have been an ordinary body check IMO. But Lemieux's history will work against him, I suspect.

There's no way he'll get suspended for that. Shouldn't have even been a minor penalty, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

There's no way he'll get suspended for that. Shouldn't have even been a minor penalty, imo.

I agree, but they gave him a 10 minute match penalty, which would suggest intent to injure, so not sure how the committee will reconcile that. Perhaps Kreidr’s elbow earlier had their radar up, so they tossed him after seeing another head injury to keep the game from getting out of hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrueBlue4ever said:

I agree, but they gave him a 10 minute match penalty, which would suggest intent to injure, so not sure how the committee will reconcile that. Perhaps Kreidr’s elbow earlier had their radar up, so they tossed him after seeing another head injury to keep the game from getting out of hand. 

I think the problem was Roussel's leg, not his head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...