Burke's comments on what Hervey said about Rottier

Mike

I think the Banjo Bowl was a good example of what a Burke-led team could do if given time.  But it also shows that Creehan likely has to go.  One can assume (I believe it was stated during the practice week) that Burke took a more hands-on approach with the D.  And look what we got.  No doubt, Burke is a great D.C.

Improve the O line, find a QB and an OC that isn't terrible and this team can likely compete every game with Tim Burke as Head Coach.

Difficulty: Tim Burke built this coaching staff that failed so hard.

Sometimes, it sure seems like your arguments are more about clearing Mack of any wrong-doing as opposed to the topic at hand.  That said, I go out of my way to skewer Sleepy Joe so, hey...

And anyway, why is Burke talking about Rottier at all...  just get ready for the game already.

Are you saying that Burke didn't put this coaching staff together? Yeah lots of them might have first come here through Lapolice, but Burke endorsed them all by keeping them. 

Are you saying that Burke didn't put this coaching staff together? Yeah lots of them might have first come here through Lapolice, but Burke endorsed them all by keeping them. 

How do you know he was given any authority to hire and fire coaches?  I'd like to think he was, but with this team you never know.

How do you know he was given any authority to hire and fire coaches?  I'd like to think he was, but with this team you never know.

My thoughts exactly.  He may not have been given much of a choice but to inherit the staff.

You want to be in professional sports act professionally and treat your employees publicly the same way. Calling out players individually is something to be done either one on one or in a team meeting. I think most people do their best in trying to refrain on commenting on other teams and their organization. When you do it usually comes back to bite joy in the ass. James West famous saying"same thing that makes u laugh makes you cry"

I think the Banjo Bowl was a good example of what a Burke-led team could do if given time.  But it also shows that Creehan likely has to go.  One can assume (I believe it was stated during the practice week) that Burke took a more hands-on approach with the D.  And look what we got.  No doubt, Burke is a great D.C.

Improve the O line, find a QB and an OC that isn't terrible and this team can likely compete every game with Tim Burke as Head Coach.

Sometimes, it sure seems like your arguments are more about clearing Mack of any wrong-doing as opposed to the topic at hand.  That said, I go out of my way to skewer Sleepy Joe so, hey...

And anyway, why is Burke talking about Rottier at all...  just get ready for the game already.

Burke and Mack did it...  Mack seemed to have a lot more influence on football ops than he likely should have...  they admitted he influenced the Kent cut, etc

Then again, I would say Bellefuile was more of a MIller hire than anything else...  who knows.

We can totally hang the Creehan hiring on Burke - bad bad move - and I would add our pick of Mulumba was influenced by Creehan...  too bad.

At least, it seems like we have abandoned Creehan's defensive philosophy and Burke is back in control.

Burke and Mack did it...  Mack seemed to have a lot more influence on football ops than he likely should have...  they admitted he influenced the Kent cut, etc

Then again, I would say Bellefuile was more of a MIller hire than anything else...  who knows.

We can totally hang the Creehan hiring on Burke - bad bad move - and I would add our pick of Mulumba was influenced by Creehan...  too bad.

At least, it seems like we have abandoned Creehan's defensive philosophy and Burke is back in control.

People go too far trying to pin everything on Mack. What's more likely, that Mack insisted Burke keep Lapos offensive assistants or that Burke got along with those guys on the staff before and just opted to keep them because in his own words he knows nothing about offense? 

Nothing Burke has done is worth defending and I don't care what you thought of Mack, Burke has not proven to be any sort of quality head coach. Hell if you hate Mack that much it should be even easier to be tough on Burke just because Burke was the guy hand picked by Mack. 

People go too far trying to pin everything on Mack. What's more likely, that Mack insisted Burke keep Lapos offensive assistants or that Burke got along with those guys on the staff before and just opted to keep them because in his own words he knows nothing about offense? 

I think both are equally likely.  It wasn't necessarily Mack telling Burke he can't fire any coaches, that may have been coming from higher up... i.e. we have no money, do not fire any coaches.  Remember him publicly questioning whether he would be allowed to hire a running backs coach because he wasn't sure if it was in the budget?  Pretty clear he wasn't granted total control over hiring and firing whoever he wanted.

bah assistant coaches are the easiest things to replace. If the higher ups are worried about spending money replacing people they should look no further than themselves. No to me this is clearly Burke being the nice guy that he is and keeping people he likes personally on the staff rather than looking to replace them. 

I think both are equally likely.  It wasn't necessarily Mack telling Burke he can't fire any coaches, that may have been coming from higher up... i.e. we have no money, do not fire any coaches.  Remember him publicly questioning whether he would be allowed to hire a running backs coach because he wasn't sure if it was in the budget?  Pretty clear he wasn't granted total control over hiring and firing whoever he wanted.

I'm pretty sure most assistants are on one year contracts so it wouldn't have been a matter of firing anyone - just not renewing contracts.

Plus Burke was singing Crowton's praise and saying he would keep him on before the interim label was removed.

Burke would be given a budget for assistants. Thing is when they hired Craig Dickenson it was likely for quite a bit more than what was budgeted for that position - I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 1-1/2 times what Walters made as ST coordinator - so money had to be found to top up the budget to get the RB coach.