Power Rankings - Week 2

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ray can't run, Willy can't run, Harris can't run, Mitchell can't run, Collaros used to be able to run but he's damaged now and turtles when he feels pressure... Jennings can run but seems more interested in just trying to throw it as far downfield as possible, Reilly could and does run, but again, he mostly just runs to get himself time to find one of his play makers on a pass. 

It's that whole mentality in the CFL that has changed. Guys are discouraged from running rather than being unable to. 

Some of those guys have simply had the crap pounded out of them, as well....

The QB rankings look about right to me.  Every year some young gun comes out and looks like the second coming of (fill in the blank with a HOF player) for a few games and then DC's figure them out.  While he has played well in two starts, there is no reason to consider him ahead of players who have done it over the long term.

4 minutes ago, MC said:

The QB rankings look about right to me.  Every year some young gun comes out and looks like the second coming of (fill in the blank with a HOF player) for a few games and then DC's figure them out.  While he has played well in two starts, there is no reason to consider him ahead of players who have done it over the long term.

But Power Rankings are based on at this moment....  you don't look at a player or teams overall history to judge where they should rank (aside from  before the season starts).   

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But Power Rankings are based on at this moment....  you don't look at a player or teams overall history to judge where they should rank (aside from  before the season starts).   

I beg to differ.  If that was the case, then every time a team loses they would immediately be dropped to the bottom 4 in those power rankings.  It should be that with the information known at the time, who do you believe are the best teams/QB's in the league.  Every QB has tougher games and you don't drop Mitchell or Reilly because of that.

4 minutes ago, MC said:

I beg to differ.  If that was the case, then every time a team loses they would immediately be dropped to the bottom 4 in those power rankings.  It should be that with the information known at the time, who do you believe are the best teams/QB's in the league.  Every QB has tougher games and you don't drop Mitchell or Reilly because of that.

That's what happens though. In team rankings anyway. Which is why it's strange they aren't doing it for QB's. I don't really care what Nichols or Ray or BLM etc have done in past seasons. Only thing that matters is what have then done recently. The past two weeks Ray has looked like hot garbage. He shouldn't be ranked above strev or Masoli in terms of this seasons play.

Edited by Bigblue204

4 hours ago, MC said:

Weak argument...  If that's the case then Bo Levi would always be top three even if they went on a massive losing streak.  Streveler has outplayed Ricky Ray by a mile this season. No reason why he shouldn't he ranked higher then him.

5 hours ago, MC said:

We aren't ranking careers though, only what they've done so far this season, and Ray for example was terrible this season and Streveler hasn't. Streveler could bust hard from here on out and Ray will get into the HOF no questions asked, but through 2 weeks of the regular season Streveler has been the better qb. 

and jennings? he did less against montreal than Streveler did so why is he ahead?

Edited by 17to85