Olympics

Floyd

17 hours ago, Atomic said:

Sounds like a fun game.

Probably Scheifele for Canada, Wheeler and Hellebuyck for USA, Ehlers for Denmark and Laine for Finland.  Possibly Kulikov for Russia.

Outside shots for Byfuglien, Trouba, Enstrom and Armia.

Anyone else?

'tis.

I think one of Trouba or Buff would be likely.  I saw at least one publication (Athletic? Maybe SI?) that had Armia on FIN's 4th line. 

Ah thinking more about it, wouldn't affect us as much as maybe in 4 years time?   Add Connor, maybe Roslovic to team USA.  Perhaps Morrissey to Team Canada.  Vesalainen?  No one but Wheeler coming out of a lineup. 

The Russsian Ice Hockey Federation will announce their roster on Thursday, with the following players approved to play:

Sergei Andronov, Alexander Barabanov, Anton Burdasov, Vyacheslav Voynov, Vladislav Gavrikov, Nikita Gusev, Mikhail Grigorenko, Pavel Datsyuk, Vasily Demchenko, Artyom Zub, Andrei Zubarev, Sergei Kalinin, Kirill Kaprizov, Bogdan Kiselevich, Ilya Kovalchuk, Vasily Koshechkin, Ilya Kablukov, Evgeny Ketov, Pavel Kraskovsky, Yegor Korshkov, Roman Lyubimov, Ilya Lyubushkin, Alexei Marchenko, Sergei Mozyakin, Nikita Nesterov, Nikolai Prokhorkin, Yegor Rykov, Ilya Samsonov, Andrei Svetlakov, Ilya Sorokin, Viktor Tikhonov, Ivan Telegin, Vladimir Tkachyov, Nikita Tryamkin, Maxim Shalunov, Alexander Sharychenkov, Sergei Shirokov, Vadim Shipachyov, Sergei Shumakov, Igor Shestyorkin, Dinar Khafizullin, Yegor Yakovlev.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Russsian Ice Hockey Federation will announce their roster on Thursday, with the following players approved to play:

Sergei Andronov, Alexander Barabanov, Anton Burdasov, Vyacheslav Voynov, Vladislav Gavrikov, Nikita Gusev, Mikhail Grigorenko, Pavel Datsyuk, Vasily Demchenko, Artyom Zub, Andrei Zubarev, Sergei Kalinin, Kirill Kaprizov, Bogdan Kiselevich, Ilya Kovalchuk, Vasily Koshechkin, Ilya Kablukov, Evgeny Ketov, Pavel Kraskovsky, Yegor Korshkov, Roman Lyubimov, Ilya Lyubushkin, Alexei Marchenko, Sergei Mozyakin, Nikita Nesterov, Nikolai Prokhorkin, Yegor Rykov, Ilya Samsonov, Andrei Svetlakov, Ilya Sorokin, Viktor Tikhonov, Ivan Telegin, Vladimir Tkachyov, Nikita Tryamkin, Maxim Shalunov, Alexander Sharychenkov, Sergei Shirokov, Vadim Shipachyov, Sergei Shumakov, Igor Shestyorkin, Dinar Khafizullin, Yegor Yakovlev.

Why didnt you bold the Jets prospect also? 

I remember Canada's National Team. How we were supposed to host the World Hockey Championship in 1970 & then some rube from Hockey Canada in Ottawa had the great idea to pull our country out of it because we considered the Soviets professional hockey players & we couldn't send ours. The sad part is that Canada's team that year was actually very good & may have given the Soviets & Czechs a run for their money. We'll never know. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I remember Canada's National Team. How we were supposed to host the World Hockey Championship in 1970 & then some rube from Hockey Canada in Ottawa had the great idea to pull our country out of it because we considered the Soviets professional hockey players & we couldn't send ours. The sad part is that Canada's team that year was actually very good & may have given the Soviets & Czechs a run for their money. We'll never know. 

our 1980 Olympic team was really good too, including featuring future stars Paul Maclean and Glen Anderson.  They should have beat the Soviets in that Olympics but folded in the 3rd period.  They sure softened up the Ruskies for the Americans though. :)

Edited by kelownabomberfan

• 2 weeks later...

man why am I not feeling the excitement this time around, I don't know if it has to do with that fact that I probably won't be able to watch it much because I'm working and thanks to the owners no NHL players are participating this time.....or maybe it's because the Russian bans got overturned

Edited by iHeart

On 24/01/2018 at 12:28 PM, Atomic said:

He was in the top 10 before he got hurt.  And Kovalchuk is number one.

So yeah.

Is Nigel Dawes 2? I would tend to agree looking at other teams beer league rosters for this that Russia should be good but... They tend to choke recently

• 2 weeks later...