Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FrostyWinnipeg

The Star Wars Thread

Recommended Posts

Right off the start I don't see Rian Johnson as the director. How can it be worse then the last one? It can not be.

Leia will not be killed in the opening credits.

The M.Falcon gets a new(?) owner.

Kylo fixes his helmet.

Cheaper beach front property is now available.

and it ends with the Emperor's voice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Palps!!  And who is the Skywaker that rises??  

Well Kylo is the great-grandson of Shimi Skywalker. So that’s one.

Would it surprise anyone that Rey is another? Luke, you're a horrible tutor AND father.

 

 

 

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brandon said:

My Star Wars knowledge is limited,  but did the trailer not show the old death star?   The same one where Palp was slayed?  Maybe he resurrects using Kylo's body?

Are you talking about the debris in the ocean?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brandon said:

My Star Wars knowledge is limited,  but did the trailer not show the old death star?   The same one where Palp was slayed?  Maybe he resurrects using Kylo's body?

It did. Maybe Palps ghost is attached to the Death Star.  There wa concept art created for TFA that had Rey visiting the throne room for somethirn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read an article which said in one of the comics that Palpatine was able to switch host bodies and that the theory would be that he either was in Snoke's body or he was allowing Snoke to groom and make Kylo ultimately powerful and then at that point Kylo would kill Snoke and Palpatine would then take Kylo's body as a host....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I read an article which said in one of the comics that Palpatine was able to switch host bodies and that the theory would be that he either was in Snoke's body or he was allowing Snoke to groom and make Kylo ultimately powerful and then at that point Kylo would kill Snoke and Palpatine would then take Kylo's body as a host....

I remember something like that since ep 7 only it was Rey who was a reincarnated Anakin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-04-13 at 8:57 AM, Brandon said:

I read an article which said in one of the comics that Palpatine was able to switch host bodies and that the theory would be that he either was in Snoke's body or he was allowing Snoke to groom and make Kylo ultimately powerful and then at that point Kylo would kill Snoke and Palpatine would then take Kylo's body as a host....

Calling it now... Palps is Darth Plagueis- always was.

Plagueis groomed Palps, then took over his body, was looking to take over Vader's body- but he got burnt and needed a new body- hence why his interest in Luke, that didn't pan out so, he skipped into a new body (don't know who yet) and is trying to prep Kylo rens body for take over... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Calling it now... Palps is Darth Plagueis- always was.

Plagueis groomed Palps, then took over his body, was looking to take over Vader's body- but he got burnt and needed a new body- hence why his interest in Luke, that didn't pan out so, he skipped into a new body (don't know who yet) and is trying to prep Kylo rens body for take over... 

 

Why not Snoke? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JCon said:

Why not Snoke? 

Cuz he ded. 

 

I think Snoke was more of a pawn... And a broken body... maybe was in the running to become his palps new body then became damaged- like Vader and thus was deemed a failed body for the swap, then palps uses Snoke to groom Kylo... then Ray comes along and shows all new potential... 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Cuz he ded. 

 

I think Snoke was more of a pawn... And a broken body... maybe was in the running to become his palps new body then became damaged- like Vader and thus was deemed a failed body for the swap, then palps uses Snoke to groom Kylo... then Ray comes along and shows all new potential... 

 

 

 

What I meant was, why wouldn't Palps have been Snoke, passing his entity into him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JCon said:

What I meant was, why wouldn't Palps have been Snoke, passing his entity into him? 

Same reason he didn't pass on to Vader... broken body. 

 

He probably intended for Snoke to be his next vessel, groomed him and all that, but then he was wounded and horribly disfigured. SO he moved on to groom the next vessel (Kylo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Same reason he didn't pass on to Vader... broken body. 

 

He probably intended for Snoke to be his next vessel, groomed him and all that, but then he was wounded and horribly disfigured. SO he moved on to groom the next vessel (Kylo).

It could be that Snoke wasn't wounded as much as his body was distorted by the sheer power that was being transferred into him.

In the Star Wars EU, Palpatine moved his essence into cloned bodies but the power of the dark side was so strong that the bodies broke down at an accelerated rate so he had to keep moving from clone to clone.  Could be something similar with Snoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that The Rise of skywalker will have a double meaning. And I think it will relate to the creation of the Skywalker’s in the first place 

so the rise will be about Anakin and then also about Rey.  She’s a creation of Palps. And maybe her “parents” were nobodies in the same way anakin’s mother was a nobody. But his “father” was Palps And I think Rey was created by Palps too maybe with Skywalker DNA. 

Rian wanted to subvert the idea of the Skywalkers being special. But I don’t think that works in the saga.  The reason the Skywalkers are special is because they were created by the force itself. Undermining that just to be different was a huge mistake by Rian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...