The Star Wars Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just finished watching The Mandalorian. It was pretty good.

I recommend it. 

I thought the special effects were good (didn't look cheap) and the droid was entertaining.   I definitely will be watching this series. 

Spoiler

Was the thing at the end the same species as Yoda?

Just now, Brandon said:

I thought the special effects were good (didn't look cheap) and the droid was entertaining.   I definitely will be watching this series. 

Reveal hidden contents

Was the thing at the end the same species as Yoda?

The Production value was on par with movies- very impressive. 

IG-11 was AWESOME!!! I always wanted to see an IG-88 Bounty Droid in action.... that was very satisfying. 

And yes- Same.

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was underwhelmed by the Mandalorian.   It looked great.  But the dialogue was often stilted and a bit silly.  They erred on the side of humour over drama.  And had it not been the first episode and all the interest that goes with it, it would have been boring.  

The large action scenes bored you?  I wouldn't expect dialogue heavy episodes since most of the bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe barely ever talk.

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

I'm hoping that they unmask Pedro Pascal soon, the guy has acres of charisma and screen presence, the mask is a cool look but it's hard to really get a sense of the character thru it.

Considering they made a point about them never removing their masks,  I highly doubt that he will reveal his face by episode 2.    If ever I'd imagine it would be near the end of the series. 

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Considering they made a point about them never removing their masks,  I highly doubt that he will reveal his face by episode 2.    If ever I'd imagine it would be near the end of the series. 

That seemed to be more of a guy repeating a common myth about Mandalorians than actual fact. 

No point in having a guy like Pascal play the role if he never takes it off.  I'd bet we see him without it, sooner rather than later. 

He doesn't actually say he doesn't take it off... just that they dont show their faces (so in private he could take it off without showing anyone his face).  Either way, it's incorrect as Mandalorians have (frequently) taken off their helmets in the Star Wars universe before.

Clone Wars & Rebels both had storylines where this has happened... Sabine is a major Mandalorian character and is helmetless most of the time.

On 2019-11-14 at 4:52 PM, Brandon said:

yeah, good point, I missed that on first viewing.

Loved the second episode.  Mandalorian vs. an entire Jawa sandcrawler was the Star Wars showdown I didn't realize I needed.

• 2 weeks later...

The Chapter 3 moment when every lowlife's comm buzzes at the same time and you realize half a second later what's to come ... that was a fantastic moment. The bit with Carl Weathers and the bar of mando-metal at the end was a nice touch.

I'm really digging how underexplained it is.  But I'm also really curious about the whys and hows and etc of the "all but one of us are underground at any time" Mando thing.  Is that like just on this one planet or is it something the Mandos do all across the entire galaxy?  And it's kinda weird to bring something like that up and then throw it away almost immediately like they do, although the scene where the Mandos reveal themselves is pretty dope looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets but Im wavering on being excited and dreading it.  I read some of the spoilers and was excited then read some more and not.   I dont know what is real and what isnt ofcourse.  But Ill say this, Last Jedi seems to have really screwed things.  If Anakin isnt in this film, its a big fail.  

The new clip was cool though.  Although it raises more questions.  Seems now Palps was Snoke and was "Vader" in the sense Kylo seemed to be having conversations with Vader (he referenced this in TFA).  But...huh?  

I think the idea that Jedi can be anyone made the story less focused.  Its not the story of how anyone can be strong in the force and change the universe.  Its the Skywalker Saga.  They sidelined Luke & Leia too quickly.  No anakin thus far.   I dont know.

I have a bad feeling about this!

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Got my tickets but Im wavering on being excited and dreading it.  I read some of the spoilers and was excited then read some more and not.   I dont know what is real and what isnt ofcourse.  But Ill say this, Last Jedi seems to have really screwed things.  If Anakin isnt in this film, its a big fail.  

The new clip was cool though.  Although it raises more questions.  Seems now Palps was Snoke and was "Vader" in the sense Kylo seemed to be having conversations with Vader (he referenced this in TFA).  But...huh?  

I think the idea that Jedi can be anyone made the story less focused.  Its not the story of how anyone can be strong in the force and change the universe.  Its the Skywalker Saga.  They sidelined Luke & Leia too quickly.  No anakin thus far.   I dont know.

I have a bad feeling about this!

Palps said he was the voice in his head. Maybe Snoke was Snoke but the voices in Ben's head were Palps. I think Snoke was a disciple of Palps. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Palps said he was the voice in his head. Maybe Snoke was Snoke but the voices in Ben's head were Palps. I think Snoke was a disciple of Palps. 

The problem is Snoke specifically said he had watched the republic rise and fall and that the empire failed due to arrogance.  Certainly seemed older than Palps and not an ally.  I think JJ intended him to be Plagius but Rian killed him off and screwed up plans.  

If Palps was the plan all along he shouldn’t have been saved for the final movie with no foreshadowing.  

I do like JJ so I’m hopeful he can pull it off and correct the disaster that was TLJ