The Star Wars Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Sweet-

I hope they return all three movies to the theaters at some time...

With an extra 12 seconds of new CGI enhancements for all the nerds out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas has sucked on the teat of this emaciated cash cow so much her name has gone from Bessie to Baggy. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With an extra 12 seconds of new CGI enhancements for all the needs out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucas has sucked on the teat of this emaciated cash cow so much her name has gone from Bessie to Baggy. 

Gives me a chance to see it with my kids in the theater? 

teat or no teat of said emaciated bovine- **** it:

take-my-money-take-my-money-gif.gif

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With an extra 12 seconds of new CGI enhancements for all the nerds out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ain't Lucas- its Disney who calls the shots now.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

He re-edited in the 90s and added a stuff to cut his ex-wife off of future earnings. He did it out of spite, as she was a co-producer (I believe) on the originals. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

He re-edited in the 90s and added a stuff to cut his ex-wife off of future earnings. He did it out of spite, as she was a co-producer (I believe) on the originals. 

I remember now, it' was editing. She helped edit the film, so by re-editing it, he could cut her out. Petty. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I remember now, it' was editing. She helped edit the film, so by re-editing it, he could cut her out. Petty. 

Sadly... it was her editing that saved that movie IIRC... 

https://www.sfgate.com/streaming/article/star-wars-george-lucas-marcia-editor-wife-15991031.php

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-george-lucas-wife-marcia-original-trilogy

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

28 minutes ago, JCon said:

She does not have any producer credits on any of the Star Wars films.  Her only official credits were on A New Hope & Return of The Jedi as an editor (she won an Oscar for ANH).  She definitely did have an influence on the original trilogy but nothing official beyond that. 

The whole not doing it out of spite rumor has been around for ever (along with many others) but nobody can say for sure as the details of their divorce settlement have never been made public.  I tend to not put much stock in this one since a) he was tinkering with and re-releasing the movies since day one essentially (ANH was re-released in 78, 79, 81 & 82) and b) he had way more than just the Star Wars franchise making him money but he didn't stop working on those companies/films.  Depending on the terms of the settlement, she would have been entitled to money from that too as his ex according to California law (at least at the time).  

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jodie Foster has shocked the “Star Wars” fandom by confirming she was offered the role of Princess Leia, but turned it down because she didn't want to break a contract she had with Disney. https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/jodie-foster-says-turned-princess-leia-role-star-wars-disney-contract-rcna134711

Now, you would think her portrayal of a 13yr old hooker in Taxi Driver would have broke her contract with Disney.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...