Blue Bombers and 680 CJOB Announce Partnership Extension

TrueBlue

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think that is probably a function of the kind of team we have. Lots of yards given up and dink and dunk lots of field goals offense. Not like he is getting a big play offense or a stingy defense.

Agreed, when there is something to get excited about, Bob still has energy.  Noeller's example of the Montreal game shows as much.

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Good gawb, having listened to many broadcasts of different sports etc., and many cross country broadcasts of CFL football, across the prairies, if it’s one thing I will not say about Bob and crew, is that it’s boring. 

Knowledgable comes to mind, and not over the top, unlike many.

Nope, Bob’s still got it, no question.

I have to agree. Bob Irving is at another level completely compared to the likes of Rod Black. Bob and Doug are at another level compared to Rod and Duane. The only one that comes close is maybe Cuthbert but not really. Part of the reason I believe is that Bob Irving is completely committed to the Blue and Gold whereas the others are spread thinner amongst other teams and events.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, J5V said:

I have to agree. Bob Irving is at another level completely compared to the likes of Rod Black. Bob and Doug are at another level compared to Rod and Duane. The only one that comes close is maybe Cuthbert but not really. Part of the reason I believe is that Bob Irving is completely committed to the Blue and Gold whereas the others are spread thinner amongst other teams and events.

How long will Bob want to keep doing pbp? That's the question... I remember back in the 80's I hearing a story that the NY Giants wanted to bring him in as their pbp radio announcer & he turned them down. Small town boy from Regina liked the Winnipeg lifestyle & didn't want to live in New York.

That's a crazy story... But I'd believe it. As both a fan and a broadcaster, I can tell you he's absolutely the best there is. I think the guy legitimately enjoys what he does, and on the reduced schedule, he can probably fulfill the contract. As someone earlier in this thread said, look how long Scully lasted... Bob's got some juice left... 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎09 at 7:33 PM, mbrg said:

I believe CJOB has a bunch of AM stations around the province paying for the right to carry Bomber broadcasts.  I couldn't tell you who they are.

Not in Thompson. However, last preseason I was able to listen to the Bomber game on 680 while fishing at a lake about 20kms South of Thompson.  I haven't really attempted it any other time in Thompson because of a little thing called TV...but I was pleasantly shocked that my little 1970's battery op AM radio  that I bought at a yard sale for $1.50 allowed me to fish out on my boat while listening to the game.