Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Just now, nate007 said:

Went at lunch today... was super packed - they didn't leave a lot of room to line up at the vendors. My brisket hash from Miss Browns was delicious, but you're going to spend at least $15-$20 to get lunch. That might be fine for the suits at TDS, but I'll stick to my brown bag most of the time.

They also have security guards posted to keep the riffraff from CityPlace and Portage Place from wandering over...

I was going to walk over last night but realized that, with the Jets game, it was going to be packed. Thought better of it and passed. Maybe in January on a non-hockey night. 

6 hours ago, nate007 said:

They also have security guards posted to keep the riffraff from CityPlace and Portage Place from wandering over...

Good on them!  I wonder how bad it will get when Portage Place closes down .... that food court has riff raff that practically live there throughout the week. 

15 hours ago, nate007 said:

Went at lunch today... was super packed - they didn't leave a lot of room to line up at the vendors. My brisket hash from Miss Browns was delicious, but you're going to spend at least $15-$20 to get lunch. That might be fine for the suits at TDS, but I'll stick to my brown bag most of the time.

Probably a good thing that the liqour mart is moving out of cityplace soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, iHeart said:

so a 75 year old wiener place that's been at the forks for as long as I can remember is being replaced by a different wiener place

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/food/we-have-a-wiener-567765642.html?fbclid=IwAR1nbgg8DbUhMDBjJbN1ZAIn1KydHg0d__ck3u38IALuIzC9unoZDco7Vd0

Fudge this town.