Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Maybe my dad and my uncle can eat at Salsbury House (they normally would go to Tony Roma's to eat, and now my dad has so many gift cards to use up, he doesn't like going downtown)

Sals yuccck... . tell them to go to Jonseys in East St Paul.  It's ridiculously good and the prices are fair. 

I do enjoy a Sals nip.  You'll usually find a gaggle of pro wrestlers at the Fermor location after our events.  Hits the spot after a show!

I enjoy Tony Roma's too.  Im in the south so ours is safe.  Every so often there is an urge for an onion loaf.  They once delivered me one without the sauce and when I called Skip to complain they asked what the big deal was since I had the loaf.  No sauce = no loaf!

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I do enjoy a Sals nip.  You'll usually find a gaggle of pro wrestlers at the Fermor location after our events.  Hits the spot after a show!

I enjoy Tony Roma's too.  Im in the south so ours is safe.  Every so often there is an urge for an onion loaf.  They once delivered me one without the sauce and when I called Skip to complain they asked what the big deal was since I had the loaf.  No sauce = no loaf!

The onion loaf is a crave food, but the Outback steak house's version is better, and I am told that the sauce you refer to is thousand islands dressing.

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

86722706_10158405276237642_4625894135314

Taken from Jonseys facbook page.... it's good and big!

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

Winnipeg, Canada for that matter is going to lose many wonderful restaurants, unique, quirky, casual, upscale and its going to take years for them to be replaced

ugh I'd hate to think about the chaos in the Tuxedo area, but if Swiss chalet has taught me anything, it can come back

17 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They have a Keto burger that looks amazing (Im currently struggling through a concerted effort at Keto).

I may have missed if this is mentioned elsewhere but the Chicken Chef on Nairn has a dedicated Keto menu with some very delicious options. (I'm not Keto but Celiac and some of the foods cross over).

14 minutes ago, iHeart said:

only 3 left in Winnipeg? good god what the heck has been replacing it?

When I was a kid, Dickie Dee was everywhere.  My next door neighbor was a driver so I could pop over for an ice cream before he went out.  But I dont remember seeing ice cream trucks.  Now I see ice cream trucks.  

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When I was a kid, Dickie Dee was everywhere.  My next door neighbor was a driver so I could pop over for an ice cream before he went out.  But I dont remember seeing ice cream trucks.  Now I see ice cream trucks.  

well do ice cream trucks still stop for kids these days? I haven't seen an ice cream truck on my neck of the woods in eons

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I remember seeing trucks more as a young kid (7-8 years old) but within a few years Dickee Dee was far more common. 

I had a summer job driving those bikes for a couple years... pretty sure any money I earned went towards paying for all the ice cream I ate! 😂