Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Moar!

Looking at the CoW Construction-Related Permits site. I see no mention of a restaurant. Possible not on the GC property?

the popeyes/Qdoba is located not far from the site, and GCSM probably won't list it on the map until it's completed

here's a picture of the property from a pic I took awhile back if I remember I'll take another one on the way home No description available.

Edited by iHeart

Not this time it would appear. 

The last permit was for signage on the north, south and west sides of the building and the earlier one mentions the drive through so it has to be it's own building.

5 guys only started doing drive throughs in 2020 so it's definitely a newer thing for them.

Edited by bigg jay

It would make sense since they don't have any locations in that end of town.  

When I was in the States a few "diner" style burger places were experimenting with very long drive thru lines.  They would have two very long lines. One in which they come to your car to take your order (a la A & W from early 80's) and the other line was online orders with people coming to pick up rather then going inside.  Apparently it was popular but I thought it wasn't very effective since each line had 10 - 15 cars each.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was planning on doing this tomorrow since both parents would be home, but since my mother got the day off I got to do it today instead...and I couldn't have been happier with the results. Reese's Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, made from scratch

May be an image of dessert and indoor

Don't get me wrong I prefer to do Hot chocolate bombs because it's less effort but I might do scratch more often

Edited by iHeart

so anyone got any ideas for appetizers? because I've been assigned to bring an appetizer to christmas dinner this year (because the Gnocchi Pizza Bites I made went over too well) and I want to make something else and I'm leaning towards something Pillsbury related. Although the recipe was awesome, last time I made it I was worn out by the time it was time to put it in the frying pan (it's the skillet Gnocchi from Olivieri) I'm also kind of leaning towards doing that but actually wrapped cheddar stuffed Gnocchi in Pepperoni

• 4 weeks later...