2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

nhl network has

ehlers - Scheif- Laine

perreault - little - wheeler

connor - petan - armia 

matthias - lowry - Copp

Line 1 and 2 are possible. I think lowry on line 3. I think Matthias Copp Dano line 4. 

Petan to Moose. I think its more likely Roslovic is 3rd line center than Petan. 

But... I think both Roslo and Petan are Moose bound. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ehlers will be looking for something similar to Pastrnak.  Depending on his season this year.  Same age, I believe.  Ehlers a bit less offense.  Jets will probably prefer 7+ years though.

And then Laine...

Well when Ehlers scores 30 plus goals... Maybe he will... Ehlers is prob 5.5 5.75 long term.. Laine? Who knows.. 1 season isnt enough to guess. 

http://www.tsn.ca/drouin-leads-list-of-10-under-pressure-this-season-1.856417

1. JONATHAN DROUIN, Canadiens
2. MIKE SMITH, Flames; STEVE MASON, Jets; BEN BISHOP, Stars
3. STEVEN STAMKOS, Lightning
4. PAUL MAURICE AND KEVIN CHEVELDAYOFF, Jets
5. CLAUDE GIROUX, Flyers
6. RYAN JOHANSEN, Predators
7. BARRY TROTZ, Capitals
8. RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS, Oilers
9. DOUG ARMSTRONG, Blues
10. MARC BERGEVIN, Canadiens

2. These three Western Conference teams are all wagering playoff-calibre rosters on newcomers in net. Change was necessary: the Flames (25th), Stars (26th) and Jets (27th) all averaged a bottom-five finish in save percentage over the last two seasons.

4. Winnipeg’s coach and general manager each inked multi-year contract extensions last week, but that does not relieve the pressure of playoff-run-or-bust expectations in Manitoba. The Jets have the talent to compete. The honeymoon stage is over. The Jets have as many playoff wins in six seasons as the Thrashers franchise (zero) and that needs to change sooner rather than later.

FWIW, I think the bulk of the pressure is on Maurice. Cheveldayoff's made the right moves and given him the tools to succeed, IMO.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy let Maurice down last year. I think that's where the pressure is from. But from an on paper, everyone healthy perspective, it's hard to argue the Jets should be competitive. 

And chevy went out and filled holes this off season. So it's on Maurice now. 

I dunno. Jets had a crazy amount of injuries to deal with and a record crazy schedule... Maurice takes the blame for PP PK and penalties. Throw in Trouba holding out and little and myers getting hurt early... Tough. 

Maurice just didnt really use the players to their strengths. Laine Scheif Ehlers were dominant but broken up after a few games and not used much after. Maurices roster decisions.. Thorburn and Tanev over Dano and Petan were all on Maurice. Maurice is def on the hot seat even with extension. Chevy is here aslong as he wants to be IMO

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I dunno. Jets had a crazy amount of injuries to deal with and a record crazy schedule... Maurice takes the blame for PP PK and penalties. Throw in Trouba holding out and little and myers getting hurt early... Tough. 

Maurice just didnt really use the players to their strengths. Laine Scheif Ehlers were dominant but broken up after a few games and not used much after. Maurices roster decisions.. Thorburn and Tanev over Dano and Petan were all on Maurice. Maurice is def on the hot seat even with extension. Chevy is here aslong as he wants to be IMO

That's sort of what I mean. Chevy provided talent but when they went down or under performed he didn't address it. It's a strategy I suppose.  

Bur by Christmas we knew we needed help on D and in net. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's sort of what I mean. Chevy provided talent but when they went down or under performed he didn't address it. It's a strategy I suppose.  

Bur by Christmas we knew we needed help on D and in net. 

Agreed but... There wasnt much that could have been done. Trades were non existent last year pretty much due to expansion

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Agreed but... There wasnt much that could have been done. Trades were non existent last year pretty much due to expansion

If I recall, we could have had Bishop cheap for the rest of the season.  I might have made that move.  But for sure, it was tough to do deals last season. 

49 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If I recall, we could have had Bishop cheap for the rest of the season.  I might have made that move.  But for sure, it was tough to do deals last season. 

Bishop had Winnipeg on his list of no-trade teams. If he wasn't going to Calgary, no way was Winnipeg an option.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bishop was awful with LA. Career 911. Helle career 910. Hes not an upgrade. 

Edited by Goalie