2017 NHL Off Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Always interesting to see what kind of content we'll get.... he's on the Jets payroll after all.  

- - - - - 

Any thoughts on who's likely to head The Athletic's Winnipeg entry? 

[–]jmirtle[S1 point 29 minutes ago 

I'm working on Winnipeg as we speak. There should be more information within the next five days.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/6ygiv4/james_mirtle_head_of_hockey_canadian_operations/?st=j7991534&sh=de376a38

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Our captain says that Maurice is the best coach he has every played for, seems like this group really likes him and has bought in.

Yup.  And Peter Mansbridge says he's good.  Who are we to argue with Peter Mansbridge?

I think its very arguable that had we received "league average" goaltending and didnt have such terrible luck on D (Trouba's hold out then injuries) we would have made the playoffs.  We're older and better this year.  Every single player, with the exception maybe of Toby (lol) should be as good or better than last year.  Goaltending will be better than league average.  D will be a lot better, barring catastrophe.

Maurice certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt as far as seeing this thing to its logical conclusion.  To fire him now would, in my opinion, be unfair considering he was tasked with coaching a young team and, at times, a less than prime time team. 

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Our captain says that Maurice is the best coach he has every played for, seems like this group really likes him and has bought in.

james-warren-jones-2.jpg

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Prediction time, If Scheifele, Laine and Ehlers are a line for the whole year point totals for the line will be top 2 in the league.

Outside of powerplay I don't remember Laine that much :mellow:

Didnt he end the season with Little? It's been 5 months.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah, he gets bonus points for being a centre but still.

I have now changed my mind on Little's next contract though...

Little is much older... Has less potential... 5.5 should be fine for little.. I could see them trading him tho... Its possible. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Little is much older... Has less potential... 5.5 should be fine for little.. I could see them trading him tho... Its possible. 

I dont think they trade him unless his demands are unreasonable (no sense they would be though).  They have no one to take that spot right now.  And with the talent assembled, I cant see Chipman being okay with going forward without a legit 2nd line center.

The cap will be a factor at some point though once you get Trouba, Ehlers and Laine under contract. 

The New Jersey Devils have agreed to terms on a contract extension with d-man Damon Severson on a 6 year deal worth $25 million. The 23 year old had 31 points in 80 games last season.

Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that former Jets defenseman Mark Stuart has been invited to Blackhawks camp on a tryout.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg