Game 35 : Snow @ Rain

What's the excuse tonight I wonder. 

Outside of Helle who seriously kept this from being even worse... Jets absolutely sucked crap.  

Great 1st tho. Went missing in the 2nd and 3rd tho. Happens much to often it seems.  Not sure what goes on between the first and 2nd intermission but whatever does needs to change 

Lots of blame to go around on this one.

Maurice, Buff, Scheif, Staf, Chiarot, Postma and on and on...

Might as well start the tank because they aren't making the playoffs.

Pathetic showing in a really important game.

It wasn't Helle's fault but he was .870 tonight...

Edited by Ducky

Jets have tons of talent and I'm not sure that they are being put in the best position to succeed.  I think a coaching change would wake them up. Look at Columbus. Say what you want about Torts but he will die for that team.. no excuses no bs just straight forward... play this way and win.  I see lots of excuses by Maurice.  The schedule excuse.. yeah it was rough but you don't say it publicly because it gives your team an excuse to suck. I think coaching HAS to be the problem. .. 2 many times this team has come out and laid an egg in the 2nd period. In football terms the other team adjusts and the Jets do not. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Start with stafford. Upgrade the bottom pairing D. It's a start 

While i agree, Stafford the way he is playing and being a free agent at the end of the year will net you a draft pick that's it. Bottom pairing is easy if only Myers would get healthy.

I think most if not all of this loss is on the players. They mailed it in. Even if they fired Maurice, now is not the right time. Much better replacements in the off-season. The tank is on.

Still a young team and we have to show patience. The Blackhawks miss the playoffs 5 seasons in a row when they started building their team. They made the playoffs the year before that and won only one game and didn't make the playoffs for 5 before that! They drafted Keith in 2002 and made the playoffs 5 years later and haven't looked back.

It is easy to say trade Staf or Burmi or someone but who wants them. If we are to shore up our bottom pairing D, it should be with a p layer that is exempt and doesn't have to be protected. Someone from the Flyers or Ducks organizations for example. Put up Armia or Dano or Lowry or someone.

I know it won't happen and a lot of people won't agree but now would be a really good time to trade Wheeler. We have an abundance of RWers, we aren't going anywhere this year and he would bring back a LOT from the right team. Think of what Chevy could pry out of the Rangers or Flyers or LA or Ducks for someone of that caliber. What do you think the Yotes would give up? Guys like Pollock, Cal Murphy and Wally Buono would be on the phone seeing what they could steal from other teams.

edit ... Ovi Back Wheels would make a hell of a line.

Edited by Ducky