Game 35 : Snow @ Rain

Morrissey will take up a lot of the O coming from the back in the upcoming years. We need to worry about goals against.

Something interesting I just read...

"( CHI - 96 WPG- 88 ) so CHI has only scored 8 more goals than the Jets in the same number of GP. But for GA ( CHI - 79 WPG - 99 ) CHI has given up 20 fewer goals in the same number of GP, with a worse PK. "

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

Morrissey will take up a lot of the O coming from the back in the upcoming years. We need to worry about goals against.

Something interesting I just read...

"( CHI - 96 WPG- 88 ) so CHI has only scored 8 more goals than the Jets in the same number of GP. But for GA ( CHI - 79 WPG - 99 ) CHI has given up 20 fewer goals in the same number of GP, with a worse PK. "

You know why? Because they actually play a very good defensive system where the Jets just aren't good at all defensively.  They have Keith Seabrook Chalmarson *spelling* 3 pretty good defensively strong d men. Our best d man? A rookie. Our 2nd best? Probably Trouba.  

Jets have this 1 guy who goes out on the ice and is allowed to basically do what he wants to do in buff... I'm actually amazed at how good Morrissey has been defensively considering that playing with Buff is like playing with 4 forwards on the ice. 

Chicago plays a very structured system. I'm not convinced the jets play any sort of system  at all. Looks like man on man actually and that hasn't worked in a very long time 

Need a young innovative up and coming coach on this team. 

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You know why? Because they actually play a very good defensive system where the Jets just aren't good at all defensively.  They have Keith Seabrook Chalmarson *spelling* 3 pretty good defensively strong d men. Our best d man? A rookie. Our 2nd best? Probably Trouba.  

Jets have this 1 guy who goes out on the ice and is allowed to basically do what he wants to do in buff... I'm actually amazed at how good Morrissey has been defensively considering that playing with Buff is like playing with 4 forwards on the ice. 

Chicago plays a very structured system. I'm not convinced the jets play any sort of system  at all. Looks like man on man actually and that hasn't worked in a very long time 

Need a young innovative up and coming coach on this team. 

Yes, a rookie HC with "lots of promise" is just what this team needs. Some of the underperforming veterans will really have a run of the dressing room with an inexperienced head coach in place. He'll come cheap though so I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. ;)

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

Young and innovative - yes...  I think Mike Yeo coming in as an asst coach to Maurice would have put this team over the top...

A rookie HC?  Sure, let's see what Dallas Eakins is up to... cough cough

Calgary's ex is at top of list isnt he?

Maybe we should bring in Torts during the all-star break to rattle the garbage cans :)

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

26 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Morrissey still RH. Imagine if we had Calder candidate Zach Werenski!

Morrissey is LH. 

In order to have Werenski or Provorov for that matter Jets would have had to miss the playoffs the year they made it and had the 7th or 8th overall pick instead of 17th. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Morrissey is LH. 

In order to have Werenski or Provorov for that matter Jets would have had to miss the playoffs the year they made it and had the 7th or 8th overall pick instead of 17th. 

Darn. I thought he was RH for some reason. Was he playing RD when Trouba was away then?

Morrissey's slapper is pretty light regardless.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Darn. I thought he was RH for some reason. Was he playing RD when Trouba was away then?

Morrissey's slapper is pretty light regardless.

It's more about the placement and accuracy than speed. 

Buff has a hard shot but... misses the net lots also