Game 26 : McJesus @ Saviour Stafford

Coaching is becoming a problem...  Jets need to get shots on goal - from anywhere... its pretty basic.

Goaltending coaching too... Hellebuyck is really good but has rookie lapses, can be fixed pretty quick

With Boudreau or McClellan, this is a winning team.

Stafford looks gassed, Thorburn should be playing 4 minutes a game, Perrault looks great...

ESL

Perrault-Little-Wheeler

Dano-Lowry-Tanev

Thorbs-Copp-Staff

Still wonder if Connor is another Thorburn linemate victim...

3 Powerplay goals.... great job. No discipline = no chance. 

PP1 is awful but let's keep them on the ice the whole team meanwhile the guy who scored on the PP earlier is on the bench.  Gets out for 10 seconds and gets our only shot on that PP. 

Special Teams is killing this team. Oilers dominated for the first oh I dunno.... 35 minutes. 

Maurice needs to stop with the Lowry on the PP experiment.  It's NOT working at all. 

Edited by Goalie

If Calgary is shopping Dougie Hamilton, Chevy should be the first one on the phone...

Enstrom-Trouba has no chemistry...  Postma-Chiarot is downright scary, both backpeddling before the Jets have even given up the puck

No excuse to play vets now...  Jets gonna be out of playoffs by xmas

Thorbs over Connor.....whatever. Play Connor with Little and Wheeler and move Staf to a line with Lowry and Tanev on the 4th. MP can center Dano and Copp.

Inconsistent goaltending from a 23 year old rookie shouldn't surprise anyone. He is learning the NHL game still.

Maurice says Lowry is being trained for a role....his role should be a 4th line center and he would be good at it. He can move up to the 3rd in a pinch.

Hutch starts next game? B2b games on the road with St. Louis and Chitown coming up.

Helle was very good in the first. Jets Outshot and outplayed badly. 3 PP goals? Can't really blame him. 1 deflected off Postma?  Can't really blame him. A deflected one in the third and 1 where he made 2 saves in a row prior? Goaltending was not the issue. Jets got owned. Playing dump and chase?  Against a faster team? Okie Dokie. Maurice was out coached. 

Edited by Goalie

How long are you going to go on saying our goaltending is ok when it is very inconsistent and average to below average?

The deflection off of Postma still should have been saved. He didn't have the net covered and it got in under him. Our goalies seem to always let in one or two questionable goals in 2/3 of the games they play! He was scored on 6 times and not one could have been saved?

It isn't the biggest reason for our record but it is a contributing factor. We need more consistent better than average goaltending.

Staying out of the penalty box would sure help too.

Edited by Ducky

Where did you read that?

I have always said it isn't the biggest reason for our record but it does contribute. Helle needs to be good for a whole game not just 25-30 minutes.

I also pointed out we should expect some inconsistency from a young, rookie goalie. I'm okay with that because I see some really good things from Helle. With the injuries this year, it makes it harder to analyze some things.

I only watched about 10 minutes of the game.... but from what I saw Perreault looked great... one of the few guys who can move around with the puck.  

Ehlers needs to shoot more often....

Postma is god awful...

Byfuglien looks completely disinterested on the ice...

Lots of sloppy play in our own end...  

Thorburn isn't the main reason we lose these games...  

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I only watched about 10 minutes of the game.... but from what I saw Perreault looked great... one of the few guys who can move around with the puck.  

Ehlers needs to shoot more often....

Postma is god awful...

Byfuglien looks completely disinterested on the ice...

Lots of sloppy play in our own end...  

Thorburn isn't the main reason we lose these games...  

Reluctantly, I have to agree with you about Buff. What's going on with him, looks like he's just going through the motions, mentally not there. We need him back.

Buff isn't a very good D man, he never really has been tho so not sure why people expect him to be. He's a good Offensive D man, but he rarely to never and rarely to never has hustled back when he's caught up ice.  It's just how it is, Morrissey has been very good and has been covering up a lot of Buffs mistakes. If not for Morrissey being so solid defensively, Man, we'd be blown out more often. 

Personally, if i'm the coach, I strongly consider putting Enstrom back with Buff, Morrissey has been good but Buff needs someone like Enstrom back there instead... Morrissey and Trouba have been very good together when they played so play them together. 

Buff Enstrom

Trouba Morrissey.

Myers (If/When he's back) Chiarot (dumpster fire tho, but yeah for now will have to do)

That is probably the best possible situation there.  Buff tho, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start hustling more. He hasn't really done it ever tho so yeah... not sure it's gonna start anytime soon.

The interesting thing to me about this team is it's always the Vets who are taking bad penalties, who are passing the puck 2 much, not shooting enough, it seems like Maurice has a problem with the Vets on the team or the Vets have a problem with him... even Wheeler, dominates at times but really, it's a lot of dipsy doodling but nothing much happens out of it. I'm not saying Wheeler has been awful either, he hasn't been, he just hasn't been himself really. Pressure of being Captain or maybe, like Buff, playing in the World Cup did something to him, perhaps a bit injured? minor injury? just not as explosive as he has been. 

The whole team structure tho in the D zone is just... it's non existent, there is no structure in the D zone.... they also can't complete a tape to tape pass, so yeah, chiarot tends to ice the puck lots, It's crazy but our best 2 d men have been the younger ones (Trouba, Morrissey). It bodes well for the future if Trouba decides to stay. 

Edited by Goalie

Not in today's NHL but maybe tomorrow's?

I really like how Little being back means he and Wheeler and ? are a force to be reckoned with so teams can't focus so much on the Ehlers Scheif Laine line.

Speaking of that line, time to give Connor a couple or 4 games with Little and Wheeler. They are strong enough in the D game to help Connor out and this would make for a really good 3rd and 4th line. If they don't put Connor there, then they should put MP in that wing because Staf really doesn't deserve to be there.

MP Copp Dano

Tanev Lowry Staf

you pick which is 3rd and which is 4th.

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Buff isn't a very good D man, he never really has been tho so not sure why people expect him to be. He's a good Offensive D man, but he rarely to never and rarely to never has hustled back when he's caught up ice.  It's just how it is, Morrissey has been very good and has been covering up a lot of Buffs mistakes. If not for Morrissey being so solid defensively, Man, we'd be blown out more often. 

Personally, if i'm the coach, I strongly consider putting Enstrom back with Buff, Morrissey has been good but Buff needs someone like Enstrom back there instead... Morrissey and Trouba have been very good together when they played so play them together. 

Buff Enstrom

Trouba Morrissey.

Myers (If/When he's back) Chiarot (dumpster fire tho, but yeah for now will have to do)

That is probably the best possible situation there.  Buff tho, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start hustling more. He hasn't really done it ever tho so yeah... not sure it's gonna start anytime soon.

The interesting thing to me about this team is it's always the Vets who are taking bad penalties, who are passing the puck 2 much, not shooting enough, it seems like Maurice has a problem with the Vets on the team or the Vets have a problem with him... even Wheeler, dominates at times but really, it's a lot of dipsy doodling but nothing much happens out of it. I'm not saying Wheeler has been awful either, he hasn't been, he just hasn't been himself really. Pressure of being Captain or maybe, like Buff, playing in the World Cup did something to him, perhaps a bit injured? minor injury? just not as explosive as he has been. 

The whole team structure tho in the D zone is just... it's non existent, there is no structure in the D zone.... they also can't complete a tape to tape pass, so yeah, chiarot tends to ice the puck lots, It's crazy but our best 2 d men have been the younger ones (Trouba, Morrissey). It bodes well for the future if Trouba decides to stay. 

No he's an elite D man.

The way you describe him here I'm surprised he's not a sixth line defenseman lucky to be playing in the NHL. He's off his game but when he's on he's dominant.

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

At least Laine is pretty good.  A time will come when he basically scores every game.   He's unreal. What the most he can score in one season?  70? 

On pace for high 30s-low 40s. What's Ovi's best year?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:58 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You wanna protest, do it at the Ledg. Leave the streets alone...fockers!

The police allow it. They could say no but they have some twisted view that "peaceful protests" trump every other person's rights. Maybe Bowman is telling them not to stop the continuing protests that we see during rush hour. It would be easy to stop it yet they don't lest they be called racists. Yes, do it at the legislature not at Portage & Main. People would probably respect them more if the protestors did.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

No. He's elite offensively.  He's very bad in his own zone tho. 

Knowing you are doing it for effect, he's not very bad in his own zone. 

Yes that part of the game is not as good as his physical and offensive talents but he can hold his own on our side of the ice. He has a better driver than putter for sure but can still par that hole to use a golf analogy.

Purely on outward observation of late, his biggest challenge seems to be all up stairs.