The Expansion Draft

Ducky

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He didn't give him the NMC in the last two years though. 

Yea I know gave it to him in a long term deal then sat on his hands last 2 years when he knew he had to protect Myers and Trouba now we are stuck ....this is from a GM that knew this was coming at least 2 years ago... who supposedly looks at building our future first?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The only way he'll take heat for it is if we lose Myers.

We could lose Myers or Lowry or Perreault...for nothing. If we lose Lowry or Myers that's really gonna hurt for a team that has only made the playoffs once in 6 years..

21 hours ago, bb1 said:

Yea I know gave it to him in a long term deal then sat on his hands last 2 years when he knew he had to protect Myers and Trouba now we are stuck ....this is from a GM that knew this was coming at least 2 years ago... who supposedly looks at building our future first?

When did the draft rules get released?  Wasn't it just last summer?  So last summer we knew guys like Laine were protected.  You could maybe fault Chipman for not dealing with the 4 D we want to protect over this past season but the more pressing matter was trying to make the playoffs.  The only thing they could have done was trade Myers, except he was hurt so they couldn't.  Or trade Toby but he had a NMC and was dealing with a serious personal issue and I don't see the Jets trading him during that.  And even if they wanted to, you need to find a team Toby wants to go to.  

Im not sure Chipman had many options.  He has more now.  Because he can make side deals with Vegas.  Toby, with one season left and it being the off-season, perhaps its easier for him to consider waiving to go somewhere.

Other teams in worse situations than the Jets.  Losing Myers would suck.  Losing Lowry or Perreault would be disappointing but not the end of the world.  Reality is we will lose SOMEONE for nothing.  At least were not in the position where we have to give twice as much to Vegas to take certain players because we're at the cap.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When did the draft rules get released?  Wasn't it just last summer?  So last summer we knew guys like Laine were protected.  You could maybe fault Chipman for not dealing with the 4 D we want to protect over this past season but the more pressing matter was trying to make the playoffs.  The only thing they could have done was trade Myers, except he was hurt so they couldn't.  Or trade Toby but he had a NMC and was dealing with a serious personal issue and I don't see the Jets trading him during that.  And even if they wanted to, you need to find a team Toby wants to go to.  

Im not sure Chipman had many options.  He has more now.  Because he can make side deals with Vegas.  Toby, with one season left and it being the off-season, perhaps its easier for him to consider waiving to go somewhere.

Other teams in worse situations than the Jets.  Losing Myers would suck.  Losing Lowry or Perreault would be disappointing but not the end of the world.  Reality is we will lose SOMEONE for nothing.  At least were not in the position where we have to give twice as much to Vegas to take certain players because we're at the cap.

Make the playoffs? That's why we didn't sign a vet goalie last summer when they knew they weren't going with Pavs? No making the playoffs was not a priority last year going with youth was. So why keep a  dman that's gonna cost us big? Big time fail on Chevy anyway you look at it.

Edited by bb1

Ill say this... 

Myers Toby Perreault Lowry. 

Myers healthy gets you a first rd pick plus probably. It definitely gets you a LHD of similar ability. 

Toby? Rough year. 1 year left till ufa status. Overpaid for his production. Probably gets you a 2nd rd pick and prospect or something similar. Its a bad contract but theres only 1 yr left and hes better than chiarot and stuart. So ya... Huge hole there on the lhd side without toby. Huge. 

Perreault. I like him. I think hes a good guy to have around. Hes good offensively and defensively. Fits on really. 1st 2nd and 3rd lines. Good contract actually. 

Lowry. Ideal 4th line center who plays a checking role with armia on his right. 

Id rather lose Lowry cuz i think Copp would and could replace Lowry as that 4th line center. 

What do u do? Work out a deal with Vegas where you expose toby and he agrees to waive. Tell them i will give you a "insert appropriate definitely not 1st rd pick" here if u dont take him and take Dano instead and go 7 3 1. So vegas gets a 3rd rd pick lets say and Dano from the Jets. 

Jets could probably lay the foundation for a entry draft day deal with Vegas for a goalie 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Ill say this... 

Myers Toby Perreault Lowry. 

Myers healthy gets you a first rd pick plus probably. It definitely gets you a LHD of similar ability. 

Toby? Rough year. 1 year left till ufa status. Overpaid for his production. Probably gets you a 2nd rd pick and prospect or something similar. Its a bad contract but theres only 1 yr left and hes better than chiarot and stuart. So ya... Huge hole there on the lhd side without toby. Huge. 

Perreault. I like him. I think hes a good guy to have around. Hes good offensively and defensively. Fits on really. 1st 2nd and 3rd lines. Good contract actually. 

Lowry. Ideal 4th line center who plays a checking role with armia on his right. 

Id rather lose Lowry cuz i think Copp would and could replace Lowry as that 4th line center. 

What do u do? Work out a deal with Vegas where you expose toby and he agrees to waive. Tell them i will give you a "insert appropriate definitely not 1st rd pick" here if u dont take him and take Dano instead and go 7 3 1. So vegas gets a 3rd rd pick lets say and Dano from the Jets. 

Jets could probably lay the foundation for a entry draft day deal with Vegas for a goalie 

Man I would hate to lose Lowry..rather lose Perreault but really we are in tough here to lose a good player. ?

12 hours ago, bb1 said:

Make the playoffs? That's why we didn't sign a vet goalie last summer when they knew they weren't going with Pavs? No making the playoffs was not a priority last year going with youth was. So why keep a  dman that's gonna cost us big? Big time fail on Chevy anyway you look at it.

Not true. If you think they assumed they would miss the playoffs after making the playoffs you are wrong. 

My criticism is they didn't address D or G at Christmas when it could have made a difference.  But remember Myers was hurt all season so he's not a trade option. Toby was hurt and on leave for a chunk of the season and had a NMC. 

5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

When did Lowry drop to 4th line center?

He's probably a 4C on a really good checking line on a contending team. The offence hasn't blossomed 

Copp with more offensive upside. But centres the size and age of Lowry have lots of value. 

Perreault drives positive play a lot better. He's older than Lowry and smaller and hurt more often. Probably Lowry is the player you want for his upside and potential. Perreault is who you want right now. 

I lole dano but agree with @Goalie if you can deal with Vegas to protect 7 forwards in exchange for a pick and Dano, go for it

Lowry doesnt have that much value. Hes a 4th line center on a good team. 

I dont think his value is much at all.

Most successful teams run 3 scoring lines and a checking line 4th. The days of helmet punchers like thor and peluso are pretty much over. 

You look at the Jets and they could easily go scheif little roslovic lowry as their centers. 

Connor Roslovic Armia would be one heck of a 3rd line. Matthias Lowry Copp would be a great 4th line. 

Jets need to run 3 scoring lines and in that scenario lowry becomes our 4th line center. His potential just isnt there to be much more. 

Edited by Goalie

On 6/9/2017 at 3:37 PM, bb1 said:

How is it that Chevy has not taken any heat for Enstroms no trade clause? Totally screwing up our ability to protect players....we are in a bad situation to lose a good player. For a GM that rarely makes changes how was this not foreseen?

How much more per season would you be willing to pay Enstrom? Because that's the trade off. You give the NMC and you get a deal done. 

41 minutes ago, JCon said:

Not next year. 

Why? We dont want to win so we gonna run our top 2 lines in to the ground and have a 4th line who plays 3 minutes a game. All good teams run 3 scoring lines. We can also and we wont do much until we do. 

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

Why? We dont want to win so we gonna run our top 2 lines in to the ground and have a 4th line who plays 3 minutes a game. All good teams run 3 scoring lines. We can also and we wont do much until we do. 

Because Roslovic is not ready. I'm not sure Connor is either. 

Reminder:

Schedule

June 13, 5 p.m. ET — Deadline for teams to request players waive no-movement clauses to be made available in expansion draft

June 17, 5 p.m. ET — Deadline for submission of protection lists by the 30 teams

June 18, 10 a.m. ET — Protection lists released to the public

June 18-21 — Vegas can negotiate with and sign UFAs and unprotected RFAs

June 21, 10 a.m. ET — Vegas submits expansion draft player selections

June 21, 8 p.m. ET — NHL Awards Show, including announcement of Vegas picks

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm interested in how this will play out. I think, depending on what I'm up to at that time, I will tune-in to whatever they are doing. This is a very unique situation.

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Reminder:

Schedule

June 13, 5 p.m. ET — Deadline for teams to request players waive no-movement clauses to be made available in expansion draft

June 17, 5 p.m. ET — Deadline for submission of protection lists by the 30 teams

June 18, 10 a.m. ET — Protection lists released to the public

June 18-21 — Vegas can negotiate with and sign UFAs and unprotected RFAs

June 21, 10 a.m. ET — Vegas submits expansion draft player selections

Submission at 10 AM and announcement at 8 PM.   Wonder how many leaks there will be before the official announcement.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-tells-gms-not-to-leak-vegas-trades-1.778794

The NHL is doing their very best to keep the Vegas Golden Knights roster under wraps until the reveal during the NHL Awards on June 21.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly had a conference call with all 31 general managers on Tuesday to clear up any last minute confusion that may exist.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the general managers were told during that call not leak any trades they make involving the Golden Knights or expansion draft.