US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Jerry Falwell Jr. says coronavirus is North Korea-China weapon to hurt Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/487494-jerry-falwell-jr-says-coronavirus-is-north-korea-china-weapon-to-hurt-trump

I guess Orange Lord is off the hook, then...

Falwell said on the segment he is not canceling classes on his campus as many other major universities have to avoid the spread of the virus. 

Then, as young healthy students weather the disease without too much problem the story will flip to "see, it was NBD, all those snowflake libtards with their fake evolutionary science were just reading the script that Pyongyang emailed."

thoughts and prayers.

On top of simply disclaiming responsibility...earlier in the press conference.....

Trump trying to bluster his way  through a "nasty question" about the pandemic office his administration cut in 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Py8qaAV4M

The part where he turns around to "find out who did it" is pretty cringe worthy.

At lot of Republicans must sure have a high embarrassment threshold....

Edited by do or die

I saw some clips and he definitely gives the impression that he's sick. ******* arrogant ******* gonna infect a bunch more people because of his idiocy. You can't bullshit a pandemic away and trying to is only going to make things worse. Best course of action is be upfront about everything and give people good solid information they can use. This is a global thing. It's bigger than one piece of **** trying to get re-elected. 

So a new claim going around on Twitter is that Trump rejected the WHO testing kits so that they could be privatized. Fisher is being touted as the new private company manufacturing the tests and Trump supposedly has stock in that company. Another aspect is that with private testing, an FOIA request cannot be made to disclose the number of tests performed and the number of positive results, which could then underreport the real numbers of those affected. Now I have no proof of this claim so I’d like confirm or refute it with evidence, so I invite all those who know to offer evidence for or against it. I do note one key aspect of the Trump presser yesterday was the presence of businessmen from Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and Google involved with the battle against the virus and them being invited to speak as opposed to hordes of medical scientists.  

NYT is reporting that the paid sick leave in the bipartisan coronavirus response bill passed by Congress exempts business with more than 500 workers, which exempts a huge portion of the American work force.

******* dems. All the leverage in the world and they won't pry on it.  For Christ's sake, Pelosi.

18 minutes ago, johnzo said:

NYT is reporting that the paid sick leave in the bipartisan coronavirus response bill passed by Congress exempts business with more than 500 workers, which exempts a huge portion of the American work force.

******* dems. All the leverage in the world and they won't pry on it.  For Christ's sake, Pelosi.

And the President can exempt companies under 200.

Weak. And, even with that, 40 or Republicans didn't vote for it. Despicable. 

It will sit on McConnell's desk over the weekend because rich Republicans don't care about the poor or elderly. 

1 hour ago, johnzo said:

It’s tough because Dems wanted something and the heartless GOP didn’t. So either Dems hold out and blame GOP (play politics) or do what they can do  to get anything they can. 

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It’s tough because Dems wanted something and the heartless GOP didn’t. So either Dems hold out and blame GOP (play politics) or do what they can do  to get anything they can. 

Time to stop playing by Republicans rules. They are not interested in any compromise so stop pretend they are acting in good faith. Play on their level or else things will continue to slide into the abyss.

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dunno.  The Dems are beholden to a lot of business money -- I don't know if it's less or more than the GOP but don't kid yourself, there is a corporatist wing of the Democratic Party that really really doesn't like rocking the boat.

(and yeah, this is a "they're all the same" argument. I've said before that in certain ways they are all the same. but In a lot of significant ways some are way different.)