US Politics

Rich

oh wow:

NY Senate Approves 'Double Jeopardy' Bill to Sidestep Possible Trump Pardons

The State Senate approved a bill Wednesday to eliminate what’s called the “double jeopardy loophole,” which currently prevents state prosecutors in New York from bringing similar charges against someone who’s been pardoned by the president.

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2019/05/08/ny-senate-approves-double-jeopardy-bill-aimed-to-blunt-impact-of-possible-trump-pardons/?cmp=share_twitter&slreturn=20190408211840

This could get very interesting... 

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

oh wow:

This could get very interesting... 

chaos.

But I read an article about the ag of New York. She is formidable. Good to see somebody standing up to the insanity. As is Liz Warren. 

Edited by Mark F

23 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I love me some Liz Warren! She would be my choice out of the Candidates. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

Right now she's in the middle of the pack.  Not sure how she gets ahead of Bernie and Uncle Joe.

In a US politics thread weird how nobody mentioned.....

From a Freedom of Information dig.....Christopher Steele , the Clinton paid-for spy, admitted he was put on a pre election day deadline to provide something that could be presented to FISA court. FBI then tried to classify this. Until 2041.

Funny how Mueller was so uncurious about this. Surely a simple explanation is forthcoming. 

Edited by Zontar

HIGHLANDS RANCH, Colo. – A vigil honoring high school shooting victim Kendrick Castillo dissolved into protest late Wednesday with some students walking out and others chanting "mental health" when speakers discussed gun control.

More than 2,000 attended the vigil at STEM School Highlands Ranch High School, as STEM School Highlands Ranch students burst into a spontaneous demonstration, protesting politics and the media.

Sen. Michael Bennet and Rep. Jason Crow urged support for gun control legislation, prompting students in the crowd to shout out dissenting comments such as "political stunt" and "we are people, not a statement" – to applause.

Some students walk out to the parking lot, holding up lighted cellphones and yelling expletives at media folks on the scene.

Colorado school shooting: Students and guard lauded for heroism

The event, one of at least three memorials held Wednesday, was organized by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. Afterward, the group issued a statement saying all efforts should be focused on providing support to the STEM students, families and faculty members.

"We are deeply sorry any part of this vigil did not provide the support, caring and sense of community we sought to foster and facilitate and which we know is so crucial to communities who suffer the trauma of gun violence," the statement said.

Students are getting sick of being used as political props by both parties.

25 minutes ago, do or die said:

They should haul in the judge who signed off on that FISA warrant.   As well as the 4 other judges, who extended it.

Fisa court:  last time I read about it, a few years ago, almost never was a warrant refused by the Court.

The idea that the FBI was conspiring against Trump, is typical GOP bull twaddle. Comie probably pushed Trump over the finish line for the win.

Somehow, that's been turned into Comie is an evil deepstate anti Trump pro Clinton figure.

Everyone is brainwashed to a certain extent, but Americans take the cake.

Edited by Mark F

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Fisa court:  last time I read about it, a few years ago, almost never was a warrant refused by the Court.

The idea that the FBI was conspiring against Trump, is typical GOP bull twaddle. Comie probably pushed Trump over the finish line for the win.

Somehow, that's been turned into Comie is an evil deepstate anti Trump pro Clinton figure.

Should of added a smiley.  I dissected this issue, and in particular the Nunes Memo, some time ago

1 minute ago, Mark F said:

Its actually hilarious when the white national trump supporters complain about this.  Its like saying "sure, our guy is a serial killer, but you got a speeding ticket, so conspiracy!".  Like Carter Page was a victim or something.  Trump and his cronies are so awash in Russian collusion, its almost easier to believe its all BS then to believe they're that guilty.  

Its kinda like OJ Simpson.  He was such a terrible killer and left so much evidence, his lawyers could say "no one can be this stupid, it has to be a set up."  Nope, they're that stupid.

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If the gop wasn’t beholden to the NRA, students wouldnt  be pawns.    It’s a national shame how the right would rather have dead kids than gun control. 

as that story clearly indicated, it's not all just about the NRA.  The Democrats don't appear very interested in the mental health issue surrounding these shootings, and just want to focus on taking away guns.  The kids in the school got mad when two Democrats showed up and started preaching gun control rather than mental health, and they got up and left the auditorium.  The kids involved in the shooting appear to have some serious mental health issues, and that part seemed to be totally ignored by the politicians who attended the vigil.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

as that story clearly indicated, it's not all just about the NRA.  The Democrats don't appear very interested in the mental health issue surrounding these shootings, and just want to focus on taking away guns.  The kids in the school got mad when two Democrats showed up and started preaching gun control rather than mental health, and they got up and left the auditorium.  The kids involved in the shooting appear to have some serious mental health issues, and that part seemed to be totally ignored by the politicians who attended the vigil.

Oh please.  Any criticism of Dems for "wanting to take away guns" when the GOP would rather have dead kids than gun control is absurd.  If anyone is using kids as pawns to push an anti-gun narrative, so what?  You think people dont care about dead kids?  What, the Dems have some sort of benefit to wanting gun control?  Yeah, its called not wanting people to needlessly die.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree.  "Those Dems are mean, they dont care about kids at all.  We care about kids though...dead klds!"  

Would be hilarious if not so sad.  What a joke.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Oh please.  Any criticism of Dems for "wanting to take away guns" when the GOP would rather have dead kids than gun control is absurd. 

You really need to start reading posts before responding with this kind of silliness.  As I said, both parties are to blame, for not focusing on the real problem.  And if you don't think mental health is an issue, perhaps you should take that up with the kids in Colorado who booed the Democrats and walked out.  Instead of partisanship, look at the flawed beliefs of both parties.

Talk about barking up the wrong tree.  "Those Dems are mean, they dont care about kids at all.  We care about kids though...dead klds!"  

Would be hilarious if not so sad.  What a joke.

As I said, take it up with kids who were actually victims of a real school shooting.  They don't care about politics or "orange man bad, Dems good".  They just care about survival.

Like really, are people so blinded by their irrational love of the alt right that they are looking for ways to criticise Dems for wanting gun control?  Thats as gross a position as it gets here.  I thought the "veiled" racism was bad..... good grief.

and here we go again with the nonsensical bullying.  Shame on you.  This is what's "gross", this kind of nonsense.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

You really need to start reading posts before responding with this kind of silliness.  As I said, both parties are to blame, for not focusing on the real problem.  And if you don't think mental health is an issue, perhaps you should take that up with the kids in Colorado who booed the Democrats and walked out.  Instead of partisanship, look at the flawed beliefs of both parties.

As I said, take it up with kids who were actually victims of a real school shooting.  They don't care about politics or "orange man bad, Dems good".  They just care about survival.

Silliness.  Yeah right.  So so gross.