A Healthy Jets Roster

Ducky

What will the forwards lineup look like with everyone healthy?

What I'd like to see...

Ehlers Scheif Laine

Perreault Little Wheeler

Connor Petan Armia

Tanev Lowry Dano

What we'll probably see...

Ehlers Scheif Laine

Perreault Little Wheeler

Matthias Lowry Stafford

Tanev Copp Armia

I think Maurice sends Petan and Copp back to the Moose and if they can't move Thorbs and/or Burmi, Dano will probably go down too.

D lineup I'd like to see

Enstrom Trouba

Morrissey Buff

Chiarot Myers

Not sure what Maurice will do the the D once Myers is back.

I've been saying since the end of last season that Stafford needs to go. 20 goal season or not. He will impede the younger players' progress. Matthias was signed for PK and the draft but I would pressbox him most games.

I'd waive Thorbs and Burmi if they can't be moved. Chevy is waiting for the most he can get on Burmi but cut your losses and move on.

We're in a playoff spot but I would still give Lemieux and Roslo 2-3 games to let them get their feet wet and a bit of a reward AND a bit of a carrot.

Connor's D game has improved but he needs to pot the odd goal, first year or not. There's a few young players that are putting the pressure on him too.

With Morrissey playing well, how the coach distributes the ice time between the D men once Myers comes back should be interesting.

I find it interesting that Ehlers and Laine are playing the wings they prefer not to play.  Why not swap them?  Laine, for one, floats over to his off-wing a lot anyway. 

Wheeler is playing well but not scoring a ton, but playing with rookies.  Even as well as Petan as played, he's no Little.  Little's return will help Wheeler a lot.  I imagine Petan goes back down.  There just wont be enough spots for everyone.  Connor could go down too.  Might see Stafford get traded...not sure how he fits in anymore.  Stafford as 3RW pushing Armia down...?  I guess.  It makes for a solid 4th line.  But if Armia keeps playing well he's better than Stafford and then what?  Stafford wont be effective on the 4th line.

Trade Stafford to someone who needs a veteran goal scorer.

I honestly think Armia has been better than Staf since the end of last season. If Staf had Armia's D game, it wold be closer but he doesn't. Send Staf to Vancouver or the Isles for whatever you can get for him. A 2nd rounder? Okay. A 3rd rounder? Grudgingly but and 3rd and 4th or 3rd and 5th would be a lot better. If I had anything to say, Burmi and Thorbs would probably never wear a Jets uni again unless Thorbs wants to retire in one.

Ehlers and Laine playing their "natural" sides had something to do with defending I think. Maurice mentioned it in one of the media scrums. All of the youngster's (not counting Howden because of only one game played) have played very well. I don't think any of them should be sent down but what do you do? The only reason some of them will be sent down is because they don't have to clear waivers. Next year will be a different story.

edit...as per Little...it shows the team needs some depth at center and his and the other injuries might be a blessing in disguise as they have been able to look at these young players before maybe they wanted to or had a chance to.

Edited by Ducky

Who gets sent down? Burmi and KConnor.

Dano/Copp, even Matthias are out scoring him and they've had less time on the ice. Petan does not have any goals but he's got the same number of points in a third of the games.

Burmi no disagreement but im sure a lot on here will say yeah KC grow his antlers.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

33 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Who gets sent down? Burmi and KConnor.

Dano/Copp, even Matthias are out scoring him and they've had less time on the ice. Petan does not have any goals but he's got the same number of points in a third of the games.

Burmi no disagreement but im sure a lot on here will say yeah KC grow his antlers.

I feel like Connor would benefit from some time in AHL. I'm happy that he's learning the defensive game but it would be good if he could find a scoring touch. The AHL would help him right now.

Good lord.  This is ridiculous.  And the schedule is brutal.  For a team already having to travel a lot at the best of times, saddling the Jets with this schedule was ridiculous and shouldnt happen.  if they can maintain .500 into December, they deserve great things when all the bodies are back,

Connor Scheif Laine

Perreault Petan Wheeler

Ehlers Little Armia

Tanev Lowry Dano

This might also work....no need for Staf or Burmi or Thorbs. Matthias and Copp in the pressbox rotating in and out of the 4th line. That is a pretty solid first three lines and MP is on the LW where he should be.

48 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If Perreault, Staf and Little are back, they send down Howden, De Leo and ????????

Copp would be my guess. Keep Petan for 3C and Dano shouldn't go back down.

Well now that Copp has burned his Vegas ineligibility pass you might as well keep him and dump Burmi. That was the only reason they sent him done right? ;)

Also left out Matthias who they like.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Doesn't matter if he plays for the Jets or the Moose, he is still eligible for the expansion draft but really, you don't think there are other players that would be picked first? if we go 8-1 instead of 7-3-1, we will lose one of Lowry, Dano or Armia. I hope it is Lowry.

7 hours ago, Ducky said:

Doesn't matter if he plays for the Jets or the Moose, he is still eligible for the expansion draft but really, you don't think there are other players that would be picked first? if we go 8-1 instead of 7-3-1, we will lose one of Lowry, Dano or Armia. I hope it is Lowry.

If its those three, Vegas likely picks Lowry.