3 stars plus HH vs the RBs minor league team

wbbfan

1 Harris. 10 carries for 60 yards, 3 catches for 82. 

2 medlock, 4/4 and a new cfl record.

3 darvin adams 6-100 2 tds. The prime target most of the game and made some big plays.

HH Was torn on this one between Dressler who got his 1k yards rushing. But im going with mcduffie making up for his fumble with a return TD and NO FLAGS!

47 minutes ago, White Out said:

No love for Nichols who had 300 yards and 2 td's? 

4 fgs in the red zone 2 in the 10 will do that. He held onto the ball too long. Harris and adams made up for a huge hunk of his passing numbers. Too many low and wide passes. He did certainly come on in the late 3rd and early 4th. though isnt that what you call "trash time"? playing the 3rd and 4th stringers late in the game against a sub .500 team?:rolleyes:

He did play through a ton of hard hits 2 late hits that should have been penalties. The pick wasnt on him, it was on kohlert. Not a great pass but shouldnt have been a pick. Over all not far off being on the 3 stars, but not a strong game by any means. If he plays the same quality game against calgary, or bc we are toast. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

4 fgs in the red zone 2 in the 10 will do that. He held onto the ball too long. Harris and adams made up for a huge hunk of his passing numbers. Too many low and wide passes. He did certainly come on in the late 3rd and early 4th. though isnt that what you call "trash time"? playing the 3rd and 4th stringers late in the game against a sub .500 team?:rolleyes:

He did play through a ton of hard hits 2 late hits that should have been penalties. The pick wasnt on him, it was on kohlert. Not a great pass but shouldnt have been a pick. Over all not far off being on the 3 stars, but not a strong game by any means. If he plays the same quality game against calgary, or bc we are toast. 

obtuse.jpg

It's trash time when you're down by several scores and the other team isn't trying. But I  think you probably knew that when you hit reply, didnt you?

Edited by White Out

6 minutes ago, White Out said:

I don't think you know hwa 

obtuse.jpg

It's trash time when you're down by several scores and the other team isn't trying. But I  think you probably knew that when you hit reply, didnt you?

You dont think its trash time against a team with half there starters and players off the game day roster whose under .500? The whole game ott treated it like pre season. Playing their 4th string qb most of the game. Taking gambles because why not, despite being the most passive team in the league when it comes to taking chances?  :lol: 

ott had nothing to gain and treated the game as such. Mean while the bombers struggled against ott depth players and did nothing for long periods of time. Teams up by 3+ scores in a game that matters in the standings during the 4th quarter have more to lose then ott and play more agressive schemes and mostly if not all starters. Half the team we played wont be on the roster for the play offs. They didnt use the no1 qb, the no 2 qb and pulled the no 3 in the first quarter. Not due to play either. And let a kid stay in the game with 3 higher qbs on the roster play while he struggled to complete 40% of his passes, threw ducks all over the field and tried to give us the ball. 

If the whole game was trash time then why are you even anointing anyone with any recognition. And you said specifically the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Now it's the whole game because . . . Reasons? 

I wish people online would just admit when they're wrong and move on. Good gravy . 

Edited by White Out

24 minutes ago, White Out said:

If the whole game was trash time then why are you even anointing anyone with any recognition. And you said specifically the late 3rd and 4th quarter. Now it's the whole game because . . . Reasons? 

I wish people online would just admit when they're wrong and move on. Good gravy . 

The whole game was as much garbage time out of ott as a late game one sided loss. Just like pre season it doesnt mean you ignore a bright spot like normand. 
Its a comparison to your own standards. 

Then perhaps you should admit the role the OL and turn overs has played in the turn around instead of trying to blanket all success on nichols. Or that nichols hasnt been very good the last couple weeks. Or that signing trevor harris like you said wouldnt have saved the season. Or zach collaros. And maybe, you should look at the pre season / off season threads talking about QBs and what i had to say about nichols ranking amongst those guys, glenn tate etc. 

giphy.gif

Just to recap:

I asked why not show some love to Nichols who had a good game.

You scoffed at it saying that he only did well in what I consider garbage time, specifically, 3rd and 4th quarter

I clarified that my definition of garbage time is late game when the games out of reach. This is the definition I've posted here before. Tonights game didn't have garbage time until the very very end, when we began running the ball a lot more.

You then decided to change the debate to if the entire game was garbage time and then brought up the OL and asked why I keep pumping up Nichols.

I mean, I can't force you to stay on topic, and admit when you're wrong, but I feel like we'd maybe get somewhere if you did.

Edited by White Out

2 minutes ago, White Out said:

giphy.gif

lol dont you hate it when people dont want to admit wrongs on the internet? :rolleyes: 

Nichols had periods of very good play, mostly late in games. Idk if hes played more then a good half this year though. And hasnt been good to end the year. Better then the first game against ott, but still tons of field goals in the red zone. The OL D and steady play of our teams crafted our win streak. The offense didnt lose games. But the turn overs won them. And nichols has been enabled behind what in the 2nd half has been one of the best Ols. Vs one of the worst early. 

30-23 td to pick ratio before this year. Playing behind poor Ols with so so talent at wr and an even worse system he was worse then willy last year. Willy got beat down and wrecked. If nichols had to play with the same support he would have suffered the same fate. Luckily, he did not. He gets a strong OL, tons of turn overs and a bunch of talented offensive pieces to develop with. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

lol dont you hate it when people dont want to admit wrongs on the internet? :rolleyes: 

Nichols had periods of very good play, mostly late in games. Idk if hes played more then a good half this year though. And hasnt been good to end the year. Better then the first game against ott, but still tons of field goals in the red zone. The OL D and steady play of our teams crafted our win streak. The offense didnt lose games. But the turn overs won them. And nichols has been enabled behind what in the 2nd half has been one of the best Ols. Vs one of the worst early. 

30-23 td to pick ratio before this year. Playing behind poor Ols with so so talent at wr and an even worse system he was worse then willy last year. Willy got beat down and wrecked. If nichols had to play with the same support he would have suffered the same fate. Luckily, he did not. He gets a strong OL, tons of turn overs and a bunch of talented offensive pieces to develop with. 

Honest to god this is what I hear in my head over and over again reading you circle around and totally avoid the topic at hand:

dig-up-stupid.png

13 minutes ago, White Out said:

giphy.gif

Just to recap:

You scoffed at it saying that he only did well in what I consider garbage time, specifically, 3rd and 4th quarter

I clarified that my definition of garbage time is late game when the games out of reach. This is the definition I've posted here before. Tonights game didn't have garbage time until the very very end, when we began running the ball a lot more.

You then decided to change the debate to if the entire game was garbage time and then brought up the OL and asked why I keep pumping up Nichols.

I mean, I can't force you to stay on topic, and admit when you're wrong, but I feel like we'd maybe get somewhere if you did.

Its beyond ridiculous to call the late moments of a game garbage, but time against a teams 3rd and 4th stringers NOT garbage. 

15 minutes ago, White Out said:

giphy.gif

Just to recap:

3 stars plus HH

Thats the thread you derailed gg

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Its beyond ridiculous to call the late moments of a game garbage, but time against a teams 3rd and 4th stringers NOT garbage. 

*sigh*

You said that the late game was garbage time in an attempt to zing me. Now you're changing it to the entire game.

Secondly. If this entire game is garbage time then what the **** is the point of this thread and you giving other players a tap on the shoulder? If they're worthy of a nod, then so is Nichols. Your argument is invalid. How do you not see this? 

Is this an elaborate prank??

To recap:

Normand rushes against backups in the final few drives when the game is out of reach for Ottawa and their players are avoiding injuries, drops easy, wide open TD pass = monster game

Nichols plays in same game, has 300 passing, two TDs (both gorgeous throws), an OL full of backups that had him peeling himself off the turf, some beauty deep balls, and his one pick on what should be a first down that volleyball Kohlert hands to the other team = bad game

Reason: Nichols was playing against their fourth string QB with three better QBs ahead of him, and as we all know, backup quarterbacks play defence!

Makes sense to me! ?‍♂️

On 11/5/2016 at 3:23 AM, O2L said:

To recap:

Normand rushes against backups in the final few drives when the game is out of reach for Ottawa and their players are avoiding injuries, drops easy, wide open TD pass = monster game

Nichols plays in same game, has 300 passing, two TDs (both gorgeous throws), an OL full of backups that had him peeling himself off the turf, some beauty deep balls, and his one pick on what should be a first down that volleyball Kohlert hands to the other team = bad game

Reason: Nichols was playing against their fourth string QB with three better QBs ahead of him, and as we all know, backup quarterbacks play defence!

Makes sense to me! ?‍♂️

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Cus normand is one of the stars right? The claim the D was playing soft on him would be more viable if he wasnt running ppl down. Wasnt it mentioned that drop and others needed to be addressed in the other thread? Oh wait, it was. :rolleyes: