Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wbbfan

raptors / nba.

Recommended Posts

Not sure how much of a following the nba/raptors have around here. Thought id throw out a thread for it though.

Just saw on the score that jared sullinger the raps off season signe is out 2-3 monthes with recovery from the foot surgery he just under went. 

Really sucks, he would have fit with the raptors soo well. And the east is looking much improved this year. Looks like patpat will get the starts for the time being. Rookie pascal siakam seemed to get the most minutes of the young bigs. He has a similar package to biyombo with out as much length. Poeltl could should see a bump in minutes from this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno how this matches up to others around the NBA but 33.33m a year seems like a redonkulous amount for not even your #1 player (DeRozan)

 

**edit just to compare I found this list from 2016-2017

1. LeBron James - $30.96m

T-2. DeMar DeRozan - $26.54m

T-2. Mike Conley - $26.54m

T2. Kevin Durant - $26.54m

T-2. James Harden - $26.54m

T-2 Al Horford - $26.54m

T-2 Russel Westbrook - $26.54m

8. Dirk Nowitzki - $25m

9. Carmelo Anthony - $24.55m

10. Damian Lillard - $24.3M

 

Steph Curry wasn't even in the top 25 last year,  but is set to make $34m this year I don't think lowry should be anywhere close to these guys

 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dunno how this matches up to others around the NBA but 33.33m a year seems like a redonkulous amount for not even your #1 player (DeRozan)

 

**edit just to compare I found this list from 2016-2017

1. LeBron James - $30.96m

T-2. DeMar DeRozan - $26.54m

T-2. Mike Conley - $26.54m

T2. Kevin Durant - $26.54m

T-2. James Harden - $26.54m

T-2 Al Horford - $26.54m

T-2 Russel Westbrook - $26.54m

8. Dirk Nowitzki - $25m

9. Carmelo Anthony - $24.55m

10. Damian Lillard - $24.3M

 

Steph Curry wasn't even in the top 25 last year,  but is set to make $34m this year I don't think lowry should be anywhere close to these guys

 

lowry is there no1. DD has evolved into a stellar player no doubt. But lowrys on the ball D, offensive set up and offensive diversity is what makes the team go. The raps going a year with out DD can make the play offs the raps with out lowry dont. 

Its a lot of money, but they had to do it. I dont see them being able to add to the core with out a heavy re tooling. But if u re tool lowry is who you build around. 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

But after taxes would he still be top 10 in salaries?

Didnt they have a deal in place to fix that a couple years back?

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Raptors need to keep up with the league, but as long as they are super teams they have no chance to win the championship.

pretty much. Im not a fan the direction the league has taken but you cant stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

lowry is there no1. DD has evolved into a stellar player no doubt. But lowrys on the ball D, offensive set up and offensive diversity is what makes the team go. The raps going a year with out DD can make the play offs the raps with out lowry dont. 

Its a lot of money, but they had to do it. I dont see them being able to add to the core with out a heavy re tooling. But if u re tool lowry is who you build around. 

 

I dunno Lowry was hurt, or missed quite a bit of games, and while not huge difference, DeRozan still had better averages with 14 more games played. I'm not saying Lowry is an awful players, but honestly he can't carry a team on his shoulders regularly. And while he was hurt I thought Cory Joseph played relatively well in his stead. Not as flashy with the numbers but held his own. 

I agree tho the raptors needs to make a play. Lowry and DeRozan have a pretty good 1-2 punch combo going for them and would suck to ruin that. Just not sure I'd have paid that much. Somewhere on the team, it will suffer due to this over payment. And if DeRozan was only making 26.5m last year,  he will likely demand more in the future than Lowry got now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dunno Lowry was hurt, or missed quite a bit of games, and while not huge difference, DeRozan still had better averages with 14 more games played. I'm not saying Lowry is an awful players, but honestly he can't carry a team on his shoulders regularly. And while he was hurt I thought Cory Joseph played relatively well in his stead. Not as flashy with the numbers but held his own. 

I agree tho the raptors needs to make a play. Lowry and DeRozan have a pretty good 1-2 punch combo going for them and would suck to ruin that. Just not sure I'd have paid that much. Somewhere on the team, it will suffer due to this over payment. And if DeRozan was only making 26.5m last year,  he will likely demand more in the future than Lowry got now

He did miss a chunk and the raps never really got back to their rhythm. 

Jonas is where i suspect it will come from. I imagine they move him for some one that fits with lowry n dd better. Too bad id love to see lowy and jonas work the offense inside out like the raps used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wbbfan said:

He did miss a chunk and the raps never really got back to their rhythm. 

Jonas is where i suspect it will come from. I imagine they move him for some one that fits with lowry n dd better. Too bad id love to see lowy and jonas work the offense inside out like the raps used to. 

I think the raptors resigned Ibaka recently too, I think Carol might be done in toronto at some point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He did miss a chunk and the raps never really got back to their rhythm. 

Jonas is where i suspect it will come from. I imagine they move him for some one that fits with lowry n dd better. Too bad id love to see lowy and jonas work the offense inside out like the raps used to. 

Also think that JV will be moved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think the raptors resigned Ibaka recently too, I think Carol might be done in toronto at some point

they agreed to terms, didnt hear if it was made official yet. 3 years 65m. They probably look to move ibaka full time to C, and bring in a stretch 4 to hit 3s and spread the floor for DD/lowry. Id like to see l-nog get the back up minutes. 

Carrols days have to be numbered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Goalie said:

33 million seems like lots for a guy who doesnt show up to play when it matters most. 

Raps have a 3 year window now with lowry DD and Ibaka. 

You could say that of DD and lowry as well. Raps have been regular season warriors and play off fluffers. 

A stretch 4 and a GOOD 3 and D sf would propel this team far. Though a better 6th man scorer would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busy off season so far for the raps. carroll to the nets in a dump. Expensive but worth it. Cory joseph is gone to indiana for cj miles as well. 

Its good ground work for the rest of the off season. I dont expect the raps to get a superstar, but a JV deal and a good stretch 4 would go a long long ways. A veteran presence like sir charles on the bench to lead by example would be fantastic too. Some one who knows how to win and can mentor DD and lowry into winners.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...