Everything posted by bearpants
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
not really sure what to think of this...
-
looking ahead-LDC
I pretty much expect a Bomber loss every year on Labour Day.... records be damned... I've felt that way ever since he 7-1 vs 1-7 fiasco...
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
I've always wondered why they don't give out the awards half way through the year... now I know...
-
looking ahead-LDC
Sounds like, according to Bauming, the run game will feature Santiago, Augustine and Demski... I like it... multiple looks.... I'd like to see the offense involve Janarion Grant too... having a few set plays with him and Lucky on the field together could be dangerous... I'm constantly told we have the most brilliant/creative OC in the league... so let's see what he can put together...
-
3 stars plus hh
So just looking at Edm's roster... the only Global they have on their active roster is french LB Maxime Rouyer... his stat line for the year is 2 special teams tackles in 10 games... Hansen's stat line in 10 games is 5 tackles, 1 sack and one forced fumble... Now Hansen has most of those stats (probably all of them) in the last two games but still I would argue he's been the most significant global player so far...
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
I could've sworn we had a thread about this but I can't seem to find it... anyways, here's a list from cfl.ca about former CFL players trying to make the NFL... https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/28/nfl-cut-tracker-plenty-cfl-ties-south/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter though this list is a little silly cuz there's a few guys that will never be in the CFL... Christian Covington, Stefan Charles, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, David Onyemata... just to name a few that stick out to me...
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
Interesting... I'll have to re-watch that play...
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
It's funny that we typically have the reverse reaction of rider fans... When riders cut someone... riders fans: "he was a bum anyways, who needs em" When bombers cut someone... Bomber fans: "oh no... this is going to haunt us!"
-
Bombers release Chris Matthews
I think we were all (Bomber brass included) waiting for that breakout game... and 10 games into the season the team decided that it was not coming...
-
Regular Season Bomber News
Adams ready to return???
-
looking ahead-LDC
Who are all these extra Jones' we're trying to keep up with?... I'm pretty sure there's only Derek, Mike and Korey...
-
Its Time To Hand The Ball To Willie Jefferson
For the record... I don't actually disagree with this statement... I just noticed this post had 6 of the 7 possible reactions... so it seemed right to finish it off...
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
I know it's been stated many times here that he only tested for a "trace amount"... I'm just curious, was this ever confirmed?... or are we just taking Andrew's word for it? I think Lawler has earned more targets... other than his premature celebration against Toronto at home... he's performed very well given the opportunity...
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
I heard a rumour somewhere that Harris routinely buys black market supplements... Editors note: please read whole thread to appreciate joke
-
GDT - Bombers vs Esks
Funny thing about this play on the TSN broadcast... they replay it in slo-mo with no sound on... and Suitor says "I don't see anything wrong with that"... he's right, there's nothing really wrong with the tackle... except that it was clearly late, excessively after the whistle... I had to laugh at Maas and the pure idiocy of that tirade.... he complained that they were the only team to get flagged from the scuffle... actually, neither team got flagged for the scuffle... your players got flagged for the spear/headshot (the play that started the scuffle)... and then the idiot that pushed a ref (when the bomber were very clearly already done with the scuffle)...
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
Since when is telling a joke illegal?
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
Hey did you guys hear that @Booch is accusing Harris of buying black market drugs*?! * this message is brought to you by "taking quotes out of context" 😉
-
looking ahead-LDC
One more just for fun: Q: Who was the first road team to lose at IG Field A: Saskatchewan Roughriders
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
I disagree... let's start McGuire at QB and Streveller at RB.... 😂
-
Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games
This is really disappointing... I - along with basically everyone here - am a huge Andrew Harris fan... it's hard to not to view him a little differently now...
-
NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game
That's about 900 km for literally the rest of the world...
-
Week Of: Bombers @ Esks
I don't care which side of the Nichols/Streveler debate you are on... this would make any Bomber fan's summer...
-
Nichols Injury
it's a moot point cuz neither party would be interested...
-
It’s time to hand the ball to Kevin Glenn
Don't disagree... the point I'm making is more that we haven't seen anything from Streveler to indicate that he will have a good deep ball... I sure hope he does... we just don't know yet...
-
It’s time to hand the ball to Kevin Glenn
Not sure I'd agree with that... based on the extremely small sample size of the BC game... Nichols had 3 deep balls on the money.... Streveler had one that was well under thrown...