Everything posted by bearpants
-
Bombers acquire Zach Collaros
A lot of people seem to forget that Collaros also needs to want to come back... he may already have his mind made up that he's going back to S Ont... this is kind of the argument I made about Nichols even when he was going through rough patches... Winnipeg was a desolate wasteland for QBs from 2009 to 2015... Matt Nichols at his worst is better than anything we had in that time frame... not spectacular, but efficient and good enough to lead the team to victories... should the team strive for better? of course... but you don't throw away a good QB just because he's not a "great" QB...
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
I think I’d like O’Shea back next year... however, if the trade off is win the grey cup this year and lose O’Shea in the offseason... I think like most, I would take that deal...
-
2019-20 CFL Offseason
Not sure if anyone reads the Kirk Penton "insider" article on the Athletic... but there's some interesting tidbits in today's edition... • I think (Jason) Maas stays in Edmonton. Heard (Mike) O’Shea is going to be out in Winnipeg and going to Toronto regardless of what happens. Which leads to whom in Winnipeg? Don’t see why that would happen. I think Mike is a good coach. But I guess him and top brass don’t see eye to eye.- • My coaches think (Ted) Goveia gets promoted. (Mike) O’Shea stays, and (Kyle) Walters is out. Don’t think O’Shea and Walters are tight anymore I find it interesting that two (presumably) different sources are saying that Walters and O'Shea are no longer on the same page...
-
107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers
OK... you must be acting intentionally obtuse... there's no chance you didn't get that he was just making a joke...
-
107th GREY CUP - Tiger-Cats @ Blue Bombers
Hey me too (well kind of)... I turned 2 a month before the 1988 cup... and my son just turned 2 a month ago...
-
WF - GDT - Blue Bombers @ Roughriders
totally agree... Farjardo is a class act and deserves our respect... however, as long as he's wearing green... I'll be happy to see him lose every game he plays... Maybe generate a few first downs and some insurance points with the game on the line... Sterveler up the middle - when the entire stadium could see it coming - is not how to close out a game... Luckily we managed to escape with a win in a "bad Lapo" game... so hopefully he can dial up another great Lapo game for next week...
-
East Final. EDM @ HAM
I honestly think Hamilton wins by 3 tds or more... I guess we shall see
-
WF - Bombers @ Riders
LOL... I'm pretty sure every city does this...
-
QB
this is the only thing that still really worries me about Zach... and I fear the opponent we're playing on Sunday will not hesitate to take a cheap shot if it's available...
-
Regina roll call
technically your third and fourth points shouldn't have a check beside them... they're on the "to do" list but not complete yet...
-
The Other Bomber Forum
I used to do both... but I became more limited in time over the last few years... so I decided to stick to just this one... I like it better... but that's not saying the other site is "second rate" or anything...
-
Regina roll call
This is so true... the keyboard warriors can be complete asshats... but the actual people at the games are generally good prairie folk, like us...
-
WF - Bombers @ Riders
I actually hope this doesn't happen... I'm legitimately nervous that someone takes a cheap shot at Collaros... same way I was about Streveler at the end of the Calgary game... Let's keep the pocket clean and Collaros upright all game...
-
WF - Bombers @ Riders
Just casually remind them that Calgary basically shut out Harris last weekend... how did that work for them?... I don't understand why anyone cares about what the fans think... of course the Bomber fans are overly confident... same way the rider fans are probably overly confident... we don't play the game... our opinions don't really matter...
-
You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.
Disagree completely... hate Bo all you want but having superstars and in some cases a “villain” is good for the league overall... feels so much better to beat the villain, reigning grey cup mvp, and likely league mvp (if not for his injury) than just some guy...
-
You all need to apologize to Paul LaPolice.
Hey now... don’t slander the good name of Bojack Horseman... he’s on the tough road to recovery...
-
WSF: Bombers @ Stamps
I'll take a stab... Maston played well at SAM... Taylor has been playing great at field HB... my guess is he was going to be DI'd and play some nickel packages... he wanted to start... coach said no... PS: I hope I'm remembering correctly that our DI's are usually DB, DL, Medlock and Grant...
-
Regular Season Bomber News
Why do you keep mentioning Rios... this has nothing to do with Rios, who was benched after his poor game in Calgary.... Mercy Maston is the guy who has taken over the SAM position... and he played really well in the season finale...
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
I still think the only way Campbell is not in Edm next year is if Edm goes on a run and decides to keep Maas...
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
I highly doubt Claybrooks would jeopardize his own, very young, career just to stick it to Braley...
-
Regular Season Bomber News
this is the only part that kind of bugs me.... the three voters who voted against Harris could've independently decided to exclude Harris due to his suspension, that's fine... but there's no chance they each independently decided that Mike Miller was the guy... they had to collude to make sure they got the votes to exclude Harris...
-
Regular Season Bomber News
He would've never got the national vote anyways... but he still should've been the Bombers nomination...
-
Stamps vs. Lions
I think it's entirely possible one of these guys can be as productive as the all-stars you've mentioned... I just don't see it happening in our existing offense...
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
typical... Bomber fans propping up the league...
-
Stamps vs. Lions
I'd have to disagree with you... as of this year... Bailey and Lawler both look like legit CFL receivers.... Lucky (when used properly) can be a threat... and Janarion Grant (while he hasn't done anything on offense yet) I think can be a very good receiver (with a different OC)...