Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. And the Jaymar Johnson go-out-of-bounds-2-yards-before-the-first-down debacle. I his defense, he was off-balance and tried to tip-toe as far down the line as possible but he lost his balance too early.... assuming we're thinking of the same play...
  2. Speaking of Argos coaches, did anyone else notice that pot belly on Milonovich? Head coaching hours are really starting to get to that guy!... Another thing about Willy that I liked was when he rolled out his throws to the sideline got there quickly and without skipping.... I'm getting far too used to seeing a floater or a ball skip on it's way over
  3. Not saying Brohm gets cut but he's PR at best right now...
  4. Unless Brohm steps it up against Calgary I have a hard time believing the depth chart to start the season isn't (1) Willy (2) Hall (3) Marve...
  5. two plays by WIlly stood out to me... 1) I didn't like that deep ball to Moore.... even if the throw was on target Moore was still lined up to be destroyed by the safety.... Willy just needs to recognize that coverage over the top... 2) loved when he handed off to Cotton (maybe it was Grigsby?) and then took off in front of him to block.... it does make me a little nervous to see the starting QB as a lead blocker but still love the determination in the red zone... Overall, a pretty solid effort... I can't remember the last time I left the stadium feeling ok about a loss...
  6. getting fired for "having a beer" seems a little fishy... let's just wait till all the details unfold... wasn't Worman in the running for our OC job or was that just a rumour??
  7. I'm a little late to the party on this.... I don't think we woulda got him but I'm disappointed to hear we didn't even get in on the Laurent sweepstakes.... I understand the reasoning, but then again conventional CFL wisdom says you never pass on quality Canadians if you can get them.
  8. Are you suggesting hosting or panel member?
  9. haha I like out the title of the thread says BLOCKBUSTER.... but yeah when I saw this, this morning I thought this might actually entice be to give 1290 pre game a listen, instead of CJOB.... I like Bauming and Walby, but not a huge fan of Westy... I think CJOB may need to bring in another analyst to compete.... Who would you take in an anchorman-style fight? Team TSN: Climie, Schultz, and LaPo Team CJOB: Knuckles, Doug Brown, and Mitch Zalnowsky Team 1290: Bauming, Walby, and Westy
  10. If it's the only game that gets affected by a strike I'd hope they would just postpone it to later in the week.... assuming things are worked out by then
  11. That wasn't a training camp injury. Yeah I believe it was around week 4 or 5
  12. Good point, why even bother showing up? Quick, someone email Wade Miller now to let him know we can just sit out 2014 to make it a nice even 8-team league again...
  13. I hope he's not referring to a hoopla similar to the Jeff Reinbold days we're all so fond of...
  14. I guess we needed to replace Creehan in some way shape or form... Thanks for the report.... any idea how to pronounce Nzegwu?
  15. He'll be 30 by the end of the year... definitely still time to recover.... but this is very unfortunate news.... I was looking forward to seeing him on the d-line this year
  16. Lawless writes/says some questionable things from time to time but he would never be dumb enough to bad mouth Bob Irving on the radio... Irving is a legend arond these parts and Lawless respects that
  17. that's only true 84.7% of the time...
  18. Arash Madani would sure add some drama to the panel! BOOM! Madani would add drama to a daytime soap. New panel wishlist: Lalji, Dunigan, Geroy, and Climie. Stegall just didn't seem a great fit for the panel. Schultz likes the sound of his own voice too much. Climie does too, but there's substance... he's not afraid to take the contrarian viewpoint and back it up. Essential to have a heel on the show. Geroy would be a very interesting option. Respected vet with a lot of charisma. Have you ever heard Geroy speak? no thanks..... they'd be much better off sticking with Stegall
  19. I still don't understand why some people are in such a tiff over this.... again I'll revert back to Marc Trestman who did not allow assistants to give interviews.... I think that worked out ok for him
  20. I think this is definitely the most important point to emphasize.... at least half the players currently in the PA will not be around by the time this CA comes to an end so how much are they willing to sacrifice to help out future players? my guess is not much...
  21. Duthie would probably be the best replacement... I think he and most of the NHL analysts are sticking around so it would depend on his NHL on TSN obligations.... regional people like Lalji or Orlesky probably aren't in the mix but a guy like Scianetti could be considered.... I think I'd be happy if Rob Black was just not involved in the CFL at all...
  22. Does anyone know which other CFL teams employ this method of communication? Huff in Calgary... Milo in Tor? (suspected) Jones in Edm? (suspected) I would guess Austin is the same way in Hammy
  23. You're 100% bang on... first thought I had was "I like how he's comparing this tactic to Kelly rather than someone like Marc Trestman"... it helps strengthen his very weak point
  24. That's a lot of cap movement in 4 years.... to go from $4.4M in 2013 to $6M in 2017... definitely not realistic... I could see starting around $5M and moving up $100k per year to get to $5.4M after 5 years
  25. When I joined twitter a few years ago I started following him cuz I thought he'd have good CFL info.... this is the reason why it took about a week before I unfollowed

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.