Everything posted by bearpants
- Grey Cup Sunday
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
HC is a premium gig in the CFL... only 9 men ever hold that title at one time... LaPo is (rumored to be) chomping at the bit to be an HC again... I don't think a bad QB will stop him from passing up an opportunity...
-
You think you're upset try not winning one once and awhile?
Also notable... this quote from our very own @iso_55 "Our DL was manhandled today so we might need another pass rusher. We need to seriously re-evaluate our OL " Which side are you on iso?? You've got some splainin to do...
-
You think you're upset try not winning one once and awhile?
Man do I ever wish we could "complain" about the same thing some of these spoiled Stamps fans are whining about... 10 wins or more every year for the last 8 years... 3 grey cups in the last 20 years (not amazing, but certainly better than a big fat zero)... best QB in the league who is only 26-years-old and doesn't appear to have eyes on the NFL... best GM in the game... one of the best coaches in the league... sure sucks to be a stamps fan...
-
Nichols Contract
If we don't find a way to re-sign Nichols (I think we will)... I would love to see us sign Durant and trade for Franklin... purely for the satisfaction of seeing the rider fanbase lose their collective minds...
-
Bomber Grey Cup 2017
I feel like he probably would have required a salary
-
Grey Cup Sunday
I was thinking on that play alone... Dave Dickensen out-coached himself... the situation is 2nd and goal, needing 2 yards to win the game... and you take BLM and Messam out of the game in favour of your goal-line package??... I don't care if the entire world knows it's coming, I think Messam would've pounded that in for a TD... reminiscent of the Seahawks in 2015...
-
Will Calgary become a "Dynasty"?
Actually, that is interesting... let me see if my memory is correct... 2016 Ottawa, 2015 Edmonton, 2014 Calgary, 2013 Sask (barf), 2012 Toronto, 2011 BC, 2010 Montreal.... so 2017... Winnipeg?... 2018 Hamilton?
-
Reffing & Reviews
For the people who think full-time officials is a good idea, here's a good read for you... http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/09/nfl-officials-refs-full-time-bills-seahawks-mailbag I personally think the best option would be a team of off-field officials reviewing every game, in real time... when the wrong call is made the "off-field" officials would need to quickly signal to the on-field officials to change the call... I'm not sure how well that would work logistically but it seems like there would be enough time to quickly review every play in real time... it would basically be like a constant booth review, as long as they don't take 5 minutes to decide every time... If not that, then let's just go back to the old-school (by modern standards) method... challenges for catches, in-bounds, etc.... and accept that there will be missed calls
-
First post 'expectations in '17'
No, parking is not allowed there... I know b/c I have a friend that lives on Glengarry and he let's me park at his place... about 10-15 minute walk from there... It only costs me a case of beer per season!
-
Will Calgary become a "Dynasty"?
I think a modern day dynasty is no longer 3 or 4 consecutive championships... that just doesn't happen anymore.... something like 3 in 5 years would qualify for me... Patriots: 3 from 2000-2004, Blackhawks: 3 from 2010-2015, SF Giants: 3 from 2010-2014 (I may be slightly off on the years)... these are what I think of as a modern dynasty... EDIT: BTW I'm agreeing with you, not disputing your statement...
-
You be the Boss
Seriously... who the hell is Darryl Stevenson and why is his opinion the most important?... Did Penton intentionally pick someone clueless to try and make the fanbase look stupid??
-
Around The League Playoff Discussion
Why does the CFL have authority to do that?... If Pizza pizza owns those tickets are they not free to do whatever they want with them??
-
State of the League Address
I agree with you but I was just thinking I'm not sure what the best response is... some sort of recognition without admitting... and then HardCoreBlue went and said this... which is just about perfect....
-
VEGAS
Have they said which division Vegas will be in?... logic would suggest Pacific but I guess they could make a case for central... mainly if the NHL wanted to add Seattle, that would keep it even without moving a team in the future... or they move Arizona over?
- CFL Tidbits..
-
Trade Barker & Milanovich for O'Shea & Walters?
You're missing the point here... when he originally traded for Ray, it was a great deal... he got one of the best QBs in the league for a bag of balls... but over the past couple years Ray has shown injury concerns and yet Barker chose to stick with Ray rather than hand the keys over to Collaros or Harris...
-
Trade Barker & Milanovich for O'Shea & Walters?
When you word it like that... definitely Barker... Barker knew what he was getting, a mediocre to average (at best) and potentially broken down QB... and he took on the huge contract and gave up a ton to get him... Walters signed him on potential... sometime that works out, sometimes it's a mistake...
-
Around The League Playoff Discussion
Certainly the most intriguing players on that list are Iannuzzi (I'll never forget that he was drafted 1 spot after Jade Ettienne), Westerman and Elimimian... I would be very surprised if Elimimian does not re-up in BC...
-
Bo Levi Mitchell & the NFL
And Calgary is also doing it with 4 Canadians... having Federkeil at a hometown discount doesn't hurt...
-
Division Final Sunday Esks @ REDBLACKS / Lions @ Stamps
15 win juggernaut... had the division locked up several weeks before the season ended... didn't play particularly well down the stretch but showed up for the playoffs... huge favourite in the GC... vs 8 win underdog... started to click as the season ended... looked good in the playoffs... will be a huge underdog in this game... sound familiar?
-
Free agency, who stays who goes?
c'mon, you know what I meant... Corney rotates in at DE and someone else comes in at tackle... just like they did this year...
-
Free agency, who stays who goes?
Re: DL... I think if Cummings leave Padric Scott will adequately fill in... Jake Thomas has been a very good rotational player his entire time here... it's just a matter of finding the right guys to rotate with him.... as some suggested, Corney and Butcher could be options... I wouldn't oppose that, except we have no idea if Butcher is ready to be a CFL lineman...
-
Trade Barker & Milanovich for O'Shea & Walters?
It is hilariously ironic that they got Ricky Ray (future HOFer, arguably one of the all-time best) for basically a bag of balls.... yet they had to trade the farm for Drew Willy...
-
Bo Levi Mitchell & the NFL
Yes and that's why I said I would normally agree with you... but you can't ignore they looked borderline unstoppable when they should have been vulnerable last Sunday...