Everything posted by GCn20
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Holm did not begin starting 2-3 years ago. Tony Jones was platooning with Bighill before the injury, and WIlson won the starting job right out of camp. Not a single one of your examples is accurate. Live in the present times man. Since RIgmaiden has gone our cupboards our bare and Walters needs to find a way to get more talent. You keep reaching back 4-5 years ago, and I agree we had good depth back then, to make your point. My point is that we never stocked those cupboards back up again and what used to work is no longer working on a talent acquisition level.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
I don't think Texada could do worse, but it's not a given he does any better. Kyle needs to do his job.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Tony Jones was platooning with Bighill long before Bighill got injured. The fact you had to go back 4 years to try and find an incorrect example put the pants over your head not mine. But keep being a **** about it. I stand my my statement because your example only reinforces my assertion. There have been dozens of examples of players going down to injury since then but you never chose any of them. Know why? You couldn't. Hell I could go back a dozen years and find some examples too but you know what bupkus over the past 2-3 years and that just illustrates the problem.
-
Bombers-Lions Early Chat
I'm not disagreeing on the Moxey move but that wouldn't have won us the game last week. Problems are much deeper than that.
-
Bombers-Lions Early Chat
Thing is we are playing just about every guy we dress on D. Younger has been rotating these guys more than a tilt a whirl at the Red River Ex. Maybe that's the problem. I agree on Moxey, and he has been a net negative. People expecting that move to move the needle on our season are going to be disappointed though. The best substitution we can make is putting RIchie Hall in for Jordan Younger but I don't see it happening.
-
Bombers-Lions Early Chat
Can't use Tui at C after last week. What a fiasco that was. No ****. Guys on here rambling on about significant changes. We don't have the horses. It's plain and simple. The guys who need replacing have exactly zero behind them.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Ok fair enough in Moxey's case....probably couldn't hurt. Our biggest problem is a lack of talent imo. We are not good enough. You want to blame that on rostering, I want to blame it on acquisition. Tomatoes Tomahtoes. However, my assessment is based on the fact that over the past 2-3 years when injuries have forced us to test our depth our depth has failed miserably. That kind of proves my theory imo. At the end of the day, if we don't get more talent we are screwed. Walters I hope you are reading. The PR consists of guys who agree to go on it. Not really in the coaches control whatsoever. If you think that even half the guys we chose accepted I think that would be optimistic.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
I agree that some guys go rotten on the vine at at times but I just don't see who we have that's worth rostering that isn't rostered already. Ok fair enough in Moxey's case....probably couldn't hurt.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
GMs need to have players waiting behind the starters that will steal their job, we don't have much of that. I think that Moxey is probably done as well, but I am not confident that the scheme is doing much for him either. I don't want to put Vaval in because of his importance as a returner, and I have little confidence that Texada will fair better.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
The coach should never need to tell the GM he needs to bring in more talent. That's ass backwards. Fans always covet the guys behind the starters on the DC a heck of a lot more than anyone should. Our guys behind our starters, are not starters for a reason. You may not like that but it's reality. Over the last 4 years can you even name one player who came off the bench and stole a job on our team? Now you want it done multiple times? I get everyone's frustration but the only areas where we have some depth also have good starters playing well. Change for the sake of change never works. I never called anyone idiotic first of all. I assessed a fellow posters take on things in a nearly identical manner to their assessment of mine. At no point ever have I ever stated that everything OSH does is correct. There are many valid criticisms of his work. However, just like politics people seem to view an opposing opinion as extreme these days. I am not happy with roster composition in regards to not utilizing the Designated National, I think that at times he fills the bottom of the depth chart with questionable choices. I think he gives his coordinators too much carte blanche over their respective lineups. I think, at times, he can be overly loyal to vets with caveat that I don't always think that's a bad thing from a team building perspective. So let's be clear what I don't agree with others on in regards to MOS. I don't agree that any of the above in isolation costs us games. They are not flaws fatale. They don't help, but they don't add up to losses. I believe that our biggest front office problem is Kyle Walters not MOS. We need talent. The reason we lost last week was talent and players not being accountable to each other.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
What's stupid is believing that swapping in less talented players will somehow make our team better. Idiotic really if you wanna throw insults around.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Sit who? And most importantly replace them with who? The biggest problem I see is that the guys who are not performing well have nothing behind them on the DC.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Is he guilty of not giving people chances or does our talent suck? I havent seen much performance coming off our bench in a long time. If Walters and the scouts were stocking the cupboard properly, and I don't think they are, then maybe we may see improvement through change. Right now looking at our PR, anyone there that makes any sense? Singer perhaps but that is about it.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
I get there are no consequences, what would you think the consequences should be? Who would you take out of the lineup and who would you replace them with? How does it make us better? Not being facetious just willing to hear out everyone's actual plan.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
I won't defend the coverage scheme, it's not good. However, at the end of the day guys were in the position to make key tackles and whiffed and that made it worse. However, when your QB tosses up 4 picks you are going to lose that game 99% of the time. When guys let a guy free to block a punt, or allow a 118 yard missed FG that's not really on coaching. That's poor execution at a base level. We can debate whether a 58 yard FG attempt was wise, but we have Castillo and he makes those far more often than he misses them. It was guy after guy not doing his job on the field and I won't let the players off the hook for an effort like that. Now, I am in full agreement there should be consequences and if this is what we get next game then that's on the coaching AND the leadership in the room. There seems to be some people here believing that we have talent waiting in the wings. Point these players out to me, I'm not seeing it, and I haven't seen it in years.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
The thing is they were in the proper positions and whiffed on tackles, made poor decisions, and our QB was hot garbage. That is what cost us the game. That's my point. Lets not let Brown off the hook either, he cost us tremendously. He had a very poor game. Didn't help that his OL was hot garbage after Tui went in but at the end of the day there were a lot of ill advised throws that came as a result of both pressure and bad reads.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Fair enough, some are just louder I guess
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
For years it's been blame the coaches...even when we are winning. How did the coaches not put them in a position to win? By asking them to turn the ball over? Miss tackles? Not be ready to start the game? Coaches cannot and have never been able to control that. Coaches prepare the team to execute the gameplan. If they play hard and mistake free football and lose one can question the coaching. When they dont execute by way of poor tackling, mental error, or turnovers that is on the players. Our QB made poor reads and threw errant passes all night and was probably the biggest reason we lost. That's not on the coaches.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
False. The coaches put them in a position to execute the play call. Game prep both mental and physical can only be done by the players themselves.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Fair enough. So if you agree that neither side here has enough info why single my post out and declare it a bad take? Seems odd. I get you dont agree and you are free to do so, but at least acknowledge that the echo chamber is also not posting an educated opinion and let them know too.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
I've decided that I know less about the game than MOS and that my eyes tell me he didn't commit turnover after turnover, whiff on tackles, or miss assignments, and am confident he didn't tell our players to do so either. If we played flawless football and got smoked I might look away from the players taking the blame but it is moronic to blame the coaches for players doing exactly that. But hey if an echo chamber devoid of counterpoint is what you want have at it. Its funny how the moderators here seem to encourage it and even defend it with snarky pot shots. Talk football or put me on ignore Mike. Either way a forum member is kindly asking a mod to not respond to his posts anymore. Will the mod do the right thing? You consistently attack the poster, never the content of their post and somehow still carry moderator status. Sad really.
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
Thank you for your OPINION...because despite what some people here are expressing the guys we are criticizing have a zillion times more information about the decisions they make than we do. Such hubris around here sometimes from people judging professional coaches with only a tenth of the complete mass of information that goes into their decisions.
-
Bombers at Redblacks- Dru Brown's revenge tour GDT
Yes
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
We lost because our players made errors in judgement, committed turnovers and were not assignment sound and then there is the glaringly obvious that we do not have the talent. We sit here hyperfocused on minutae instead of talking about the obvious,, this team does not have the horses and it isn't because we didnt evaluate talent properly, it's because none has walked thru the door. We can get into consequences but that isn't why we got smoked. The game was there for the taking and we continually handed it right back to Calgary
-
Stamps at Bombers GDT
The coaches weren't to blame for this loss at all. This was 100% on the players