Arnold_Palmer
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Blue Bomber Discussion
Everything posted by Arnold_Palmer
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
Bad management going to do what bad management does best! You would think the bomber blue print of owning the lines of scrimmage on both sides would be these teams focus but nope. That’s ok better for Winnipeg.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
To end the season in 2019 he went 10-17 for about 200 yards and 3 TD’s and 0 INT in two relief games with the Argonauts. So clearly he’s competent enough. Don’t feel great about this if god forbid there’s an injury for an extended period of time.
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
Yep! Every year a team over spends in free agency and most times it fails miserably. Need to have a strong scouting team down south and draft well to become a great team. Not by over paying vets.
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
Probably the best time to play them to be honest. A lot of new faces. They’ll most likely take some time to build chemistry!
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
Calgary and Montreal get to host the season opener? Yuck. Should be Grey Cup rematch ALWAYS. I like how we also get Ottawa back to back to start the season after not playing them all season last year.
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
I would say at this point in their career going from Ricky Collins jr to Brandon Banks is a down grade for sure.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
There was certainly questions about our receiving core and our secondary. 100 percent.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
Only had one other 100 yard game? Huh how many 100 yard games do you think were in the CFL? Carey Ka’Deem who was second in rushing and who played 13 games had 3, James Wilder jr who finished third in rushing only had 1 in 11 games played. Oliveria did very well all things considered.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
I would take him here at the right price if he was willing to be a returner and come in on a limited role however I get the feeling he’s not looking for that hence why he’s still un signed.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Banks to Winnipeg confirmed. 🤥
-
Jersey's / Errata
Hard to choose players in this day and age with all the 1 year contracts.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
With the hogs upfront I have very little worries about our running game.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Yep I’m excited to see the healthy competition between the two. Both should have a role in the offence but there’s a chance for either to really take control and become a bonfide star in this league.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Any news on where Andrew Harris decided to sign?
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
I think both will be used situationally as they both have different skill sets that compliment each other. I think people are somewhat dismissing Oliveria. In what was essentially his rookie season because he was injured the entirety of the 2019 season he still put two, 100 plus yard games so he definitely shows flashes of being a great starting running back in the CFL. He’s only 24 he’s only going to get better. I didn’t realize how big he was. He’s listed at almost 230. That being said I’m excited to see what Augustine brings to the table. He’s a lot quicker then both Harris and Oliveria and I was impressed by his speed and vision. I think Buck is going to have some fun trying to incorporate them both into the offence.
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
They didn’t run the ball that much. White was also a pretty capable running back But not a bad pay day by Harris. 165 hard cash is a deal for himself.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Agreed we’ve also done a good job of bringing in players mid season over the years like Bighill and Rose. Walters and co know how to allocate the cap properly, we don’t spend money just to spend it. There’s always a plan.
-
2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread
I remember people were worried about our secondary and receiving core going into the season. Both ended up just fine. Walters and co have a plan. Back to back Grey Cup teams can’t keep everybody but we have did a damn good job. We have to rely on a few new guys to come in and make plays but the nucleus is set. We will be just fine.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
As a former quarterback I wish him all the best luck in the world! I hope he makes it and paves the way for young players coming up. I switched to running back when I was 14 because I thought it as my best chance at a scholarship and to continue to play football football after high school. Hopefully he can break some barriers and we’ll see more Canadian quarterbacks in the future.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
Jake Thomas is one of those unsung heroes. He’s made some big plays over the years in big games.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Wonder what he ended up signing for. Could be a good fit depending on if he stays healthy.
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Grandmas into loving football?
-
2022 CFL Free Agency(Rumors/official signings)
Good point. My grandma is quicker then Nichols so not sure if that will work. The two QB dressed system is ridiculous anyways. ofcourse she’s 6’4 runs a 4.5 forty.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
Well if there’s been an area of strength in recent years it’s been the ability to recruit DB’s. We were also left with question marks in our secondary at the start of the season but it ended up becoming one of our strengths.
-
2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition
They’re obviously very high on him. So I’ll trust the guys that saw him practise every day know a thing or two about this kid.