Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arnold_Palmer

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arnold_Palmer

  1. I don’t know why anyone is complaining about the play calling and about TE. The kid entered his first real action of professional football and I thought he looked pretty good. Remember we were down 13-4 when he entered. No easy position for a 24 year old QB to be in but they made it simple for him. If the game was out of reach I would have liked to see more chances, and more risk, but the game was well within reach and I thought it was a gutsy effort from TE and really the entire team. We’ve been a whole different team in the second half of games, we really need to stop getting ourselves into a hole in the first half or it’s going to continue to cost us.
  2. The thing is it’s proven the American game style does NOT increase scoring.
  3. The aura of this team is gone. No one’s scared of the bombers. All the dogs are gone. Over the years replaced with guys who never won anything, and the guys who have are old and on a decline. The only game changer on this roster is Oliveria and even he’s 28 years old which is about the ages running backs start to decline.
  4. Such a vanilla play call. The whole stadium knows it’s Brady up the gut. Edmonton has a great running back and when they use him they atleast use misdirection play calls to keep the defense honest. Also is it me or does Brady seem a shade slower this season?
  5. I love this move. I never wanted to see Dru leave in the first place. I’m thinking this is Zachs last season and we’re all in for a grey cup run so let’s get some insurance incase Zach goes down and Brown is our guy moving forward. He got absolutely pummeled in Ottawa but I think he can still be one of the best quarterbacks in the CFL if he can stay healthy
  6. Just to touch on scouting and add to the conversation, look how much new talent we were pumping out from 2018-2022, who is a high impact player we’ve added in the past three years? Holm is the only example I can thing of. Obviously elite football players don’t grow on trees but when your core is starting to age out you have to build from scouting or free agency. Obviously I like what we did during free agency but when you’re picking up vets to fill those holes you’re paying a premium. Part of bringing in young talent is they’re still on rookie contracts, I think our team and roster is starting to see the consequences of poor scouting over the last couple of seasons.
  7. Can’t think of a single bright spot on the D tonight. Absolutely awful game through and through.
  8. Condell is cooking with his schemes
  9. INT but could be pass interference or roughing the passer too..
  10. We’ve left 7 points on the board. Not concerned yet but defense has to make adjustments and offense has to finish.
  11. I’m starting to get some 2019 Vibes from this roster, if we see a mid season injury to Zach and a trade for Dru, the prophecy will be fulfilled.
  12. Also Mills is a damn good running back. Bias aside you could easily make a case for him being the most dangerous running back in the game. He was no more effective than Oliveria was against Calgary. But if you’re going to keep Adams under 250 yards passing I think you can live with 115 yards from Mills. It’s not like he torched us for 200. Obviously we want to see improvements from the D but I thought they did a much better job in the second half. Didn’t he have 90 plus yards at half? Some things to work on and get better for sure but I don’t think I’m worried yet. Obviously when you concentrate on getting more pressure to the quarterback it’s harder to fill those gaps in the run game so it’s a fine line of picking your poison.
  13. Dude thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room, it was telling seeing his former players almost getting into a fight with him in that Edmonton and Toronto game last season. Say what you want about O’Shea but that kind of crap would never happen. If he really believes Jake Maier is a better quarterback than Dru Brown his stint in Ottawa might not be a long one.
  14. Good comments! I especially agree about Nield. We were missing that steady big target in the middle of the field last season. Despite the drop I think he was everything and more what we would expect of him in Blue and Gold. Good guy to have when you need a first down in a throwing situation.
  15. I got to say. Zach threw a dart for 28 yards to Wilson In a brutal wind. He had a few balls come short but I thought he was fine. His stats were pretty much identical to Vernon MVP in June and July Adam’s Jr
  16. I don’t think anyone’s mentioned it and I don’t think they were perfect, and lots of room to improve but only one sack on Zach and some huge holes for Brady to run through.. sure Zach got hit a few times tonight but as long as he’s been around Zach likes to hang onto the ball too long to try and find something developing down field. I think in particular the second half Zach had more time to throw than I’ve seen in the last two-three years.
  17. Is that including the 0-2 in the playoffs against the bombers?
  18. I think we’ve been a little spoiled for the past several years. If we can’t get excited with a walk off win on the road in Calgary ( a place we’ve never won much at) over a team that beat us three times last year and had our number then I don’t know what to say. I’m that glad football is back and we’re going back home 1-0
  19. Funny what can happen when you don’t have Jake Thomas beside you.
  20. HM to Condell, it finally seemed like we had an OC that understands the CFL game, and how to best utilize the players in his offense, not some guy that trying to reinvent the wheel.
  21. I didn’t even notice Demski was playing.
  22. Great drive. Zach had time to make his throws and Brady had a huge hole on that touch down. We’re going to go far if you can give Zach time and give Brady holes to run through.
  23. Always tough playing against Vernon Adam’s in June, less worried about him in October or November..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.