Everything posted by rebusrankin
-
Winnipeg Mayoral Election
Budget cut is when you cut the amount of money a government department receives. It is not a cut when you take $ out of a Crown Corp. But by your logic, Autopact should raise it rates and then give the extra money to the Province.
-
Winnipeg Mayoral Election
Hydro is a crown corp - they can't *take* from it because it's already government money. Also as a percentage of our GDP, our transfer payments have been decreasing. Actually a Crown Corp is arms length, not another place where the government can take $ out of, although the NDP did so. Look at what transfer payments were and what they are now, the NDP has taken advantage of getting more $ from the Feds.
-
Kelly benched instead of Romby
Who has Bryant opened it up for this year?
-
Winnipeg Mayoral Election
The NDP balanced a budget by taking from the rainy day fund, hydro and riding rising transfer payments.
-
Grigsby not getting first team practice reps - Cotton to start VS Edmonton
Tough team to get his chance against. Hoping Cotton does well.
-
Kerry Joseph Joins Riders
Tino is the starter for sure? Really, for a whole game this time? A quarter?
-
Realistic Changes for Next Year
This past off-season was pretty similar to 1999 and even then the club had Milt. In 1999, we improved to 6 wins and picked up some pieces. We've done the same this year.
-
Kerry Joseph Joins Riders
Nealon Greene refused to talk to Taman?
-
Winnipeg Mayoral Election
Having Judy running the city with Selinger running the province scares the heck out of me. Stuff like this makes me wish I was closer to retirement so I could leave the province.
-
Realistic Changes for Next Year
Free agency and Nat OL usually don't go hand in hand. Generally if they make it to free agency they're not that good. Westerman would be a nice upgrade as a starter on the DL with Thomas backing him up. Hope Newman comes back healthy. I could see him playing the spot Sherman is but at a higher level. At minimum, I think Newman means Unumba is gone.
-
Lawless: Bombers need to sign Ben Heenan
What are the chances Holmes makes free agency?
-
Sunseri benched
My understanding was he watched the film because Ryland Wickman's dad gave him the tip, nothing to do with Ray.
-
Sunseri benched
Taman also watched game film of Charlie Roberts but didn't bother to contact the QB in that film, Ricky Ray.
-
GDT - Winnipeg @ Ottawa RedBlacks - 6:00pm CST
Oh I want to win so bad. Anybody else annoyed by Jovon Loudmouth's comments about how Ottawa is still positive and the locker room isn't like the 2013 Bombers? Dude is a buttmunch.
-
Interesting Quote in Pentons weekly CFL Blitz
I'd take an upgrade on Marcel myself but I have been wrong before.
-
Sunseri benched
Who plays next week after Doege sucks versus Calgary, Vandestone?
-
Durant likely to return this season
So let's say the Riders finish 3rd. Can they win in Edmonton and Calgary with a potentially rusty Durant?
-
Harris out for season, Smith on 6 game IR
Shame for him and the Lions.
-
Time For The CFL To Levy Fines On The Refs For Tacky Calls
On the "non-fumble", I watched the TSN feed when I got home. He catches the ball, takes a step and is taking step 2 when he fumbles. How is that not a catch and fumble?
-
Time For The CFL To Levy Fines On The Refs For Tacky Calls
How can the Command Centre not have the replay when it was on the ******* jumbotron?
-
FNF - Montreal @ Ottawa / Sask. @ Edmonton
Let's assume Durant comes back for the playoffs: 1. How good is he going to be, playing his first game in two months. 2. I think the Riders finish 3rd. Can they win in Edmonton and Calgary in back to back weeks? 3. How susceptable is he to a reinjury if they rush him back?
-
Edmonton Radio Ad
I really liked this one. I thought it was creative. I did think the one calling Rider fans horrible people was in poor taste.
-
Kyle Walters interview
In the off-season, Walters need to focus on OL, Linebackers and receivers. Enough said.
-
Edmonton Radio Ad
This is a transcript of an actual Edmonton Eskimos radio ad: Transcription: "You know that guy, the irritating Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. Sorry, that's redundant: the Saskatchewan Roughriders fan. He's loud, obnoxious, and somehow manages to brag about his team winning a dominant four championships in just over a century. That guy. Well, he's going to the Eskimo game this Friday, and you should go too and watch his entire world crumble around him! Support your Eskimos! Tickets to the game are at Ticketmaster, starting at $32.50." I liked this ad.
-
Free Press (Fan Vote) Picking All-Time Blue Bomber Greats
Dieter had Tom Scott, Eugene Goodlow, Joe Pop, Rick House and James Murphy among others at various times to throw to. Some pretty good receivers.