Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the watcher

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the watcher

  1. If the Bombers win 65 to 14 all TSN will be talking about is BCs two touchdowns
  2. Thats how you make your opening statement !
  3. 3 years ago my very active wife who has had arthritis for some time was struck with an extremely bad flare up. She had swollen knees, ankles and feet. It was heart rending watching her lying on the couch sobbing in pain. She had to stop working, gardening, walking.... We were talking about what to do with our house because the bedrooms were upstairs. She moved around our big barnyard on our riding mower trying to be part of our extended families activities but it was really tough on her physically and mentally. Then her rheumatologist put her on a wonder drug.- Methotrexate. Her arthritis is manageable again . She's back working , helping the elderly. She lends her hand in our family market garden business. Goes on long walks with her girlfriends. She is volunteering at the Folk Festival this week. Lupus and arthritis sufferers in some parts of the USA can't access Methotrexate now because it is sometimes used in high doses with other drugs for planned abortions. **** them and **** this idiocy that the world is going through.
  4. Some of our current restictions on firearms in Canada as far as I can recall : Right off the bat you need a PAL certificate which is a possesion and acquisition licence . It is illegal to own, borrow ,use, sell , store, have in your possession a firearm without one. To obtain one you do it through the RCMP. They do a background check for criminal activity, they can check with ex wives and partners, .....and deny you the privilege of owning a firearm. ( note my wording there ) To go hunting you need a hunter Saftey certificate which requires you to complete a course. All guns must be locked up separate from the ammunition with the exception of one gun for people with certain occupations. Semi automatic hunting rifles are allowed but there is a limit on magazine capacity. Some semi automatic weapons are out right banned. ( military style, easily converted .....) All long guns have a limit on how short the barrel can be. 18.5 inches but I could be wrong on that figure. Hand guns are extremely restricted. It's a special permit again through the RCMP. The only way they can leave your property is with a transport permit that allows you to go to and from a pistol club or shoot. Straight there, straight back, no stopping. Those are just a few of the rules. I'm still a gun owner but no longer deep into it. I'm not all that up on more current restrictions but they won't be less restrictive than what I've mentioned. I just thought I'd list a few because some may not know about our laws.
  5. The figure I keep hearing is that 8 or 9 out of 10 guns used for criminal activity are illegal guns from across the border. Even an outright ban on guns in Canada would have little effect on that. Don't forget we have some pretty strong gun laws right now in this country. How well they are enforced is another story. I guess my question is what issue are you trying to fix? Edit: Just to be be clear I have no problem with practical, effective gun laws .
  6. A good article I thought belonged in this sub as it crosses alot of borders.I believe it crosses alot of political lines as well. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jul/06/power-wealthy-earth-politics-democracy-plutocracy
  7. Un frigging unbelievable!
  8. If I'm the Argo coach I'm telling Banks to hit the showers , he's done for the night
  9. Oh , the look on MBTs face with the bobbled snap, priceless
  10. Touchdown BB !!!!
  11. Not only is the USA collapsing but they are doing their best to take everyone else with them.
  12. It's just becoming a question of how far backwards parts of the US will revert to. Then it becomes a question of how much the other parts will put up with. And there's your civil war.
  13. My worry is that the economy and the lingering effects of the pandemic ( inflation, shortages, general frustrations real and imagined) will override what he is doing. ( selling his soul for power ). I'm really hoping the Libs convince Trudeau to step down before the next election. A new face would go a long way to insuring PP disappears into the books as a failed Trump wanna be.
  14. The Argos owners were worried if they played on the weekend a crowd might show up and ruin their vision of the league and it's ultimate demise.
  15. On that very subject. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jun/28/why-were-democrats-caught-flat-footed-by-the-end-of-roe-v-wade And this
  16. I guess unless you are a gun toting, neo Nazi, white supremacist, you have no right to protest. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/28/peaceful-pro-choice-protests-violence-attacks-police
  17. Lol. I guess I worded that poorly. They need to be alive and healthy going into the slaughter plant. I presume the US laws are the same
  18. The opposite. You can't use a previously dead animal for human consumption so there are 10,000 less animals in the system for breeding/ slaughter. The packers will use this as an excuse to up the price of beef.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.