Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Atomic

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by Atomic

  1. Chiarot - Byfuglien Stuart - Postma Pardy - Clitsome IMO it's still not that bad, considering we have our top 3 D out right now. Are we going to get someone better than Pardy/Clitsome by trading Slater, Thorburn, Peluso, and/or Halischuk??? I wouldn't count on it.
  2. Bellefeuille and Etcheverry are both nice guys. What more could we ask for?
  3. Bogosian, Scheifele, and Kane for Taylor Hall and a draft pick
  4. He's a lawyer, he's just doing his job.
  5. How about the coach to continue the progress that had been made before he was hired? Instead he turned Yakupov from a goal scorer into a bust, he turned Justin Schultz from an offensive defenseman into a bust. He made everyone on that team worse. Guy was a product of the Toronto hype machine nothing more. He fooled the Oilers and they gave him a chance and he proved to be the worst head coach I have ever seen. He was the Tim Burke of the NHL he was that bad. You nailed it with the "Toronto hype machine" comment. He was crowned the "next big thing" in coaching by the Toronto media and I never really understood why.
  6. You were just dying for Hutch to have a less-than-stellar game so you could come in and make this post. So obnoxious. Time to grow up, mbrg. I was unaware there was a monopoly on making completely unprovable claims... Yeah, I realize you were attempting to mock my post. Thanks for proving my point. Time to grow up. That wasn't actually the point, but I'm not feeling spunky enough right now to hammer out the 2,000 word response needed to properly break down the situation. Maybe tomorrow. See, now it's like Christmas eve - you won't be able to sleep tonight you'll be so excited. Yes I'm sure we're all waiting with bated breath for your ground breaking opinion. Here's a free preview for anyone who can't wait: "Pavelec is not that bad. Hutchinson is not that good. But he is not that bad either. Pavelec is also not that good. They are both goalies on the Jets. I like hockey. You guys need to stop talking about which player is better."
  7. Huh? We don't have any coaching vacanies. Are you sure? Does anybody actually know that? Bombers have kept us in the dark either way. Great fan engagement.
  8. You were just dying for Hutch to have a less-than-stellar game so you could come in and make this post. So obnoxious. Time to grow up, mbrg. I was unaware there was a monopoly on making completely unprovable claims... Yeah, I realize you were attempting to mock my post. Thanks for proving my point. Time to grow up.
  9. The Colts are also a top-tier team in the NFL. Their castoffs tend to get picked up by other teams. Even if Henoc were to lose his job with the Colts, I wouldn't expect him back in the CFL immediately.
  10. Atomic replied to IC Khari's topic in General Discussion
    No! I just remembered. They said they were from SBT and they were a market research company. If you look them up, you can't find much. They have a LinkedIn page which links to their website which was obviously created in about half an hour.
  11. Atomic replied to IC Khari's topic in General Discussion
    I'm just saying, it was very... odd. And when I looked up the name of the company on the internet, all I found were similar stories from other people. Some said they tried to find out more about the surveyer and then the surveyer would become very evasive and in some cases quite rude. I wish I could remember the name of the company because I would look it up again.
  12. I was never a fan of his, but he was set up to fail. Now they get MacTavish back behind the bench. Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 4m4 minutes ago Confirming MacTavish returns to bench on interim basis. Replacing Eakins who was fired this morning.
  13. Poor guy never had a chance.
  14. theScore ‏@theScore 6m6 minutes ago Edmonton Oilers have reportedly fired head coach Dallas Eakins. http://thesco.re/136HATu
  15. You were just dying for Hutch to have a less-than-stellar game so you could come in and make this post. So obnoxious. Time to grow up, mbrg.
  16. Atomic replied to IC Khari's topic in General Discussion
    I got the weirdest call a few weeks ago. They said they were a survey company, but I looked up their name afterward and couldn't find anything. Can't remember what it was now. K & M or some sort of acronym. They said it was a survey about recycling and then they asked me just a few questions... only the first was about recycling. "Do you recycle?" "What is your marital status?" And a couple other questions that seemed to not be linked together in any way and the answers seemed pretty inconsequential. Like I don't understand why anyone would want to know the answers. And the questioner was very weird. I'm not sure if it was a guy or a woman, and they seemed to have some kind of accent. Responded to my answers in an almost flirtatious way. "Oh, you're single, like me!" Finally they asked me my first name for "record-keeping." I told them a different first name than my real one and the surveyer was like "Oh, you have a very handsome name." Then they said "Thank you for being nice to me!", said goodbye, and hung up. If it was a scam, I have no idea what the purpose was. They didn't ask for anything I would consider sensitive info. Anyways, it was really weird.
  17. Brian Dobie says he would listen if the Dinos came calling
  18. Yep that one is all on Pav. No way we lose that game with Hutch in net.
  19. Many people feel that we would have been better off starting Goossen at right guard and Sears at SAM. It's not like any of the Americans we started at right guard were anything other than truly dreadful. The team did not necessarily "screw him over", but it is tough for a pro athlete to sit on the bench and watch far worse players starting in front of him when there is a perfectly acceptable solution available. More favouritism by O'Shea and Etch, I'm afraid.
  20. They sat him on the bench for weeks while he was healthy and worse players started ahead of him. He's good enough that he won't have to deal with that elsewhere. Just more Etch head-games.
  21. Pav has to win tonight or he is going to be losing even more starts. His numbers have not been good lately. (.887 over last 5 games)
  22. Let's take the DC out of the equation. If a veteran player is asked to play more of a "mentor-back up role" by any coach, on any team, and he feels he can still play the game, why would he not accept that role…and play his way back onto a roster? There have been many instances where a player is asked to do just that…and he does it, all for the good of the team - you know, the reason why he's still employed and given another chance. That's a leader…and I would venture to say, a reason why he was brought here in the first place. Hell we can look at this past season for a couple examples. Alex Suber got hurt in preseason and lost his spot on the roster to a new guy playing well. We didn't hear a peep out of the guy about being unhappy and he didn't throw any hissy fits and quit, just showed up to practise and eventually got traded. Or Johnny Sears, got hurt, couldn't get back on the roster for ratio reasons. No bitching and moaning or quitting, just practised hard and waited for his chance to get back on the roster then played so well they couldn't take him out again. Part of being a football player is the professional part. Everyone on that team feels like they should be a starter, sometimes you have to put the team ahead of yourself and just work harder to get what you want. Sure but you think Sears is going to re-sign here after the way they treated him? No way.
  23. That's for sure!
  24. I think I saw someone report that he wants experienced coordinators in both spots.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.