Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Perfect

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr. Perfect

  1. Edmonton signs Adarius Bowman and Manny Arceneaux. Welcome to 2015 Chris Jones....
  2. Love Collaros adding in the nWo gif. We really are turning into the nWo at this point 🤣🤣
  3. I like Lucky, but for him to be paid as the league's highest paid receiver is laughable. Hopefully it doesn't skew the market too much.
  4. Reading tomorrow's forecast seems like a beautiful day to run for 200-250 yards. LFG boys!!!
  5. Very nice tribute video on Twitter put out by the club. Might get a lump in your throat.
  6. I actually had this thought when I made my initial comment....but thought I'd keep that horrible thought to myself lol.
  7. I guess there's only one thing left to do...Go back to back for Bob!
  8. Some random thoughts. Nothing terribly in depth as admittedly I was socializing with friends with the game on in the background... - Another red zone pick by Zach. Let's cut this crap out please, even if we are still winning. - Pat Neufeld at right guard is good. Pat Neufeld at right tackle is not. - That was the best Oliveira has looked all year. Good for him. Not sure what Andrew Harris' plans are going forward but hopefully there's a smooth transition there whenever Harris' time with us is done. - Up and down night kicking. Punts and kicks out of bounds...Jesus....On the other hand, 4/5 on field goals. That said I'd still be nervous as hell if we're in a 3 point game or less during the West Final or Grey Cup - Too many instances of bumper cars instead of fundamental tacking by our defence last night. - Elks play calling, offensive scheme and decision making in general....questionable at best. - Not a sexy win. But a win. 9-1 and onto the Lions....let's wrap up the West!
  9. Wish Cody and Duke the best of luck on those deep passes while Jefferson and Jeffcoat cave in their offensive tackles in the west final....
  10. Anyone know if NN is still alive and kicking? Hope he's well.
  11. Some random thoughts in no particular order: - This team reminds me of a gritty boxer. No matter what, you best be prepared to fight - and if not you're going to have a long night. - While they do it in totally different ways, I don't know that we've had a Bomber team this dominant since 2001. - Grant or Nelson returning kicks makes no difference when the punt and kick coverage is as bad as it is. - Whether it's on the offence or defence, there doesn't seem to be a player we need to hide or protect because of any sort of weakness. - Few things make me happier than watching our ends cave in offensive tackles game in and game out. - Hell of a game by Woli and Stove. Hope both are good next week. - Mike O'Shea appreciation comment: Very rarely is this team not ready to play. Coming back from a bye at 6-1, many teams would have been flat. We weren't. - Golf clap for the hogs. Solid game. - Onto Edmonton. Best of luck to them....they'll need it.
  12. Didn't good ol Dave the Bear say something to that effect when we were on our run in the early 2000's?
  13. Thanks Lyle. That, then bringing in his good buddy Mike Kelly.
  14. Guilty as charged.
  15. Anyone afraid of any other team this year?? Curious how Adams continues to develop under Khari Jones, but with them on a bye and the other 7 teams we've seen so far, to quote the late Don Matthews, "if they play their best and we play our best, I like our chances.", and I don't care who it is.
  16. Draw plays on 2nd down passing situations, shotgun a beer.
  17. I hear what you're saying for sure. That said, coming off of 97/98 and Kerwin Bell unsurprisingly being a bust (I was never impressed with his work in Toronto) in 99 onward, and the financial state of the team I don't think it's a stretch to say Khari Jones saved the Blue Bombers.
  18. Vintage Lapo running a drive killing draw play on second and medium.
  19. From Farhan Lalji on Twitter... Shocked to hear that Adam Bighill’s contract for 2021 is 115k (down from 260k). I know he has strong business interests in Winnipeg, but is speaks volumes for the atmosphere Mike O’Shea has created with #Bombers that a player would take that much less to stay there. @CFLonTSN 1/2 ...and if there is an off-season GM of the year award, it goes to Kyle Walters. @andrewharris33, @Bighill44, @Stmn_Willie_Bmn, @Demski9, @ZCollaros7, Bryant, Hardrick, Gray, Antigha, Jeffcoat, Thomas, Maston all back under manageable deals. Most of the heavy lifting already done!
  20. Under 500K for a guy that was easily a top 2 QB, and most outstanding player nominee before things fell off the rails in Hamilton....SOLD. Easily. Given our offensive line, I have no problem with this contract, even if it means Nichols is gone (which clearly it does)
  21. Mise well go get another ship I guess...
  22. When I grow up I want to be Chris Streveler one day.
  23. Let's enjoy it brother. Too many sad rides home on the stadium bus not to.
  24. I wasn't the most popular kid in elementary, middle years and junior high. Football, and the Bombers were one of the few things the gave me joy. I broke my wrist in 2000. My mom got me season tickets as a "pick me up" because my summer was essentially ruined. I had them for 8 years before moving temporarily. I was in grade 9 in 2001. I cried when they lost. 2002 - We lose Milt on the last game of the season. We lose Charles Roberts on the first play of the west final. 2003 - No Milt for the playoffs again. Kenton Keith runs the ball down our throat. You can see times are changing. 2004 - Lyle Bauer does his first sabotage job canning Dave Ritchie 2007 - I fully maintain given we lost by 3 points, with Ryan Dinwiddie throwing 3 picks, that we beat the piss out of the Riders if we had Kevin Glenn that game. End of 2008 - Lyle Bauer sabotage job 2 The next few years, ugly as a whole, even if we did somehow make it to the dance in 2011. Slowly got better under Walters...even if there were bumps along the way. Etch a Sketch defence. Kuale. Choking in the west semi against BC. Continuing to be owned by Calgary. Not able to get over the hump. But finally. It's over. And more tears were shed last night. And all of the dumbfounding decisions of era's past, and heartbreaking losses don't matter. Beautiful.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.