Everything posted by 17to85
-
Cracks In Ig Field Stadium Concrete- Cbc
if it's not structural stuff that's cracking then it's really just an eyesore and nothing more. Seal it and it's not a big deal.
-
Pre-Season Game #2: Bombers @ Ticats - Kickoff @ 6:00 Ct
I just want to see people making some plays. If the linebackers wanted to step up and play a good game I think that would bode well for the regular season especially.
-
Site Not Working In Explorer?
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have a problem with a site having ads to cover the cost of running the site, and if there happens to be any extra revenue (i am quite clueless about how much revenue a website can actually produce vs. costs of running) I don't hold it against anyone if they see it as compensation for the time and effort put in.
-
James Galdofini (Tony Soprano) Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6MNlphMfE
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
yeah but they're wrong about that, we're actually right about the esks.
-
Site Not Working In Explorer?
Dark backgrounds with light text are an abomination. It's like every website that does it is just trying to be edgy and different and screaming for attention because look how COOL it looks! Give me a nice clean design anyday. Black text on white background is a standard for a reason.
-
Site Not Working In Explorer?
so what I get out of all of this is.... blame twitter?
-
Burke Reaches Out To Vets
I want to see that guy dominate some kinda bad. Was a fan from the get go.
-
Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton
Yeah but I also get the impression that at this point they really know what the team is going to look like anyway they just want to see a couple specific guys and how they do. I'd expect all the qbs to be kept around because unfortunately I think we'll need all 4 of them again.
-
Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton
This is where I disagree a bit. Receivers you can see on film who is going where they're supposed to even if they never see the ball, you can see who is getting open on film even if they never see the ball... You have all kinds of practise time to see who has hands and who doesn't so they don't need to actually get the ball to make a decision on if they're good enough or not, that's a trap that fans fall into, thinking that coaches need a stat sheet to see who is good and who isn't. If a qb is on his ass the whole time it does make it difficult to move the ball, but you also see how his decision making process is and whether he can throw under pressure or how elusive they might be. Again it's not a cut and dried situation where they need to go 65% completions and have 400 yards passing for the coaches to know if they're good enough. They will have a lot of practise time to know who can be an accurate passer or not.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
I think that comment from Hervey was poorly worded and he didn't really mean it like it came out.
-
Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton
I don't really agree with that... If there's a few guys getting torched over and over and over again it actually makes the coaches job easier in evaluating.... shows that those guys have no right being on the team so cut em. You can see who is making the right decisions and doing the right things on film even if the score is out of hand as well so it's not like there's no way to evaluate things. I really do think that this is a very good way for the coaches to see which of the rookies/backups/borderline guys will rise to the challenge or sink with the added responsibility, the trouble is that I think you also need to use the 2nd preseason game as a way to get the first teamers some reps so that they're ready to start the season.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
Definitely a strange guy. I was never sold on him as a DC either.... I guess there's obviously something that some people see but I never saw it.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
Ottawa, if Edmonton struggles this year Kavis Reed might be on the chopping block, if the riders don't do well maybe they make a change at coach... Could be a few jobs opening next year depending on how the season goes.
- It's The Official M.b.b Prediction Thread
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
Yeah I like Burkes attitude but I really would have prefered to see them explore every option out there.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
I am sure some of the contracts has parts detailing firings. Likely in the case of Cortez he got a lump sum buyout, whereas others just collect the term remaining as long as they aren't taking another job or something like that.
-
Bombers Release Hefney
Funny how losing your job can change a guys attitude like that eh. Guess he figured he got away with it last season so they wouldn't have the balls to cut him this year... oops. Water under the bridge now though no sense worrying about it.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
you actually see something wrong with what I said? It's no secret that it was the coaches pushing Elliott out the door and keeping Buck this year right? So I stand by the if this year fails it's on account of Mack being poor at picking coaches... which is pretty ******* important for a team right?
-
Depth Chart Vs. Hamilton
one way or the other this is going to be a damned fascinating game to follow. Rookies can't ask for a better chance to show that they belong cause they're going to get a ton of playing time.
-
Etienne Grabs A Clue
you're missing the perspective though. A 3rd year guy impressing is different than a jr. player impressing. Jr. guy impressing is done simply by not looking out of place at a professional camp, 3rd year guy impressing means a lot more because it means he's elevating himself above other players who also have pro experience.
-
Mack, Burke Give Each Other Room To Do Jobs
basically if the team fails it's because we've had two duds of a coach.. which would be a shame but pretty obvious that while Mack is fantastic at finding players his coacing decisions would have been poor and an insurmountable obstacle necessitating a change at the top.
-
Bombers Release Hefney
yeah and we saw that last year too with Johnson volunteering to play SAM even though he was a terrible fit, giving it a try at safety because they needed someone there. Guy is willing to do whatever the team asks him and that's the attitude that every player needs to have.
-
Matt Nichols Out For The Season With Torn Acl
I think that earns him the label of done as a football player. Last two times he's played he's suffered significant injuries... who wants to give a guy like that a 3rd chance? Feel bad for the kid but that's the harsh reality of pro sports.
-
Burke Reaches Out To Vets
I think a bigger part of it is that they just don't want to take that many guys on the road. But I do agree with you on the idea that playing to not get hurt is the worst thing you can do.