Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

johnzo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by johnzo

  1. They got very lucky ... draining 3 seconds before the snap was not crisp football.
  2. Redblacks leading at the half. Ready to break hearts
  3. a fifth round pick isn't a massive stupidity tax, though.
  4. Brett Lauther escapes the Redblacks; they traded him back to the Roughriders. https://3downnation.com/2026/09/30/saskatchewan-roughriders-trade-for-brett-lauther-from-ottawa-redblacks/ Ottawa gets a 5th-round draft choice back for him.
  5. Is this something I'd have to be on Twitter to get? The dude doesn't seem disrespectful of the game on TSN broadcasts -- the only disapproving note I get from him is when a player screws up a detail of their assignment and he coaches them up from the booth, and that's actually super cool, because again, it takes me inside the game.
  6. 100%. Willson takes me inside the game better than even Lapo does. Love how he isolates how a player's good technique or bad technique can make or break a play. Lapo's stuff is mostly Xs-and-Os "this guy runs here and this other guy runs here and they put the secondary in a bind" which is very interesting but not as personal.
  7. Pokey's back, cool. I wonder if they're bold enough to bench Singer or White to get Pokey back on the field.
  8. Bolo had a rough game. two big drops and Fajardo screaming at him for running the wrong pattern on an endzone shot.
  9. Singer hungry! that was a nice curl route. DB was still backpedalling when Singer was fully turned around.
  10. Chad Kelly must hate playing football because he only gets to make two missed passes before he has to leave the field. Dude doesn't like to stop making passes, I heard.
  11. mysterious errors killing your game day threads, your bad juju killing Sergio's streak ... with that kind of weird bad luck, have you considered being a Redblacks fan?
  12. he did! goddamn it. but it worked. no one in the middle to stop Brown.
  13. oh man condell better not empty the backfield on 2nd and goal from the five.
  14. shouts to whomever added the popcorn emoji
  15. speaking of novel ways to lose -- last year the Redblacks lost to us in a game where they had 389 passing yards and we had 38. That's got to be another "only the Redblacks" kind of loss.
  16. yeah, that dude is a rare guy who is an every-play contributor on O and a scary returner to boot. But the guy I've always wanted in blue and gold is Hardy. Makes plays everywhere on the field, no matter who his QB is and is hella durable, he's only missed two games in the past three seasons. Currently fourth in the league in catches and eighth in yards. I can't believe the dude is nearly 35 and is still at his peak while playing under the bad moon in Ottawa.
  17. Those redblack receivers have certainly put up way better numbers that you'd expect from an 0-12 team. I'd welcome any of them onto the Bombers.
  18. yup, my research / fact checking team missed this: CBCNo lead is safe — unless lightning strikes during a CFL g...Last Friday in Montreal, Mother Nature’s wicked wrath wreaked havoc on a game between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Alouettes.
  19. That's the most entertaining game I've seen all year. VAJ is historically terrible in end-of-game situations, so of course he takes the big sack to put his kicker in a bad spot. But it's the redblacks so of course Paredes hits the kick of his life. The redblacks have lost in ways that have never ever been seen in the CFL before. They were the first team to lose on a 62-yard walk off field goal, first team to lose the 2-point overtime conversion shootout. Maybe they'll lose the first game ever called due to weather...
  20. I watched most of the recent Stanley Cup plus a bunch of world cup games on some random high seas sites that I googled. It was fine, worth what I paid for it. Generally the streams would get wobbly at the start of game / period / half when everyone started tuning in so sometimes patience would be needed. Not a great experience, but I'm cheap.
  21. I've got my gaming PC in my living room so if I want to watch live I use a VPN to virtually relocate myself to Colombia and watch the CFL Plus stream. If I don't care about live, I'll watch the next day on Youtube. Several youtubers regularly post full games, sometimes within hours of the game ending. CFL+ is okay, it's got decent quality, almost never buffers and I don't feel like it's injecting malware into my PC after every first down. Unfortunately it has no easy fast forward or rewind functionality, just a stupid narrow play bar that you gotta click on, makes it hard to skip past the commercial breaks. Plus those breaks are tuned up about fifty dB over the game broadcast! It's a weird ******* move by CFL+ because they're not showing actual ads in those spaces. The youtube games are awesome and are the best way to watch. the commercials are all stripped out and with careful use of the +10s forward button you can watch a game in like 45 minutes. I wonder if the CFL will go after those harder next year, when the dazn era begins.
  22. Have been watching Dobson play C in hamilton. Can't judge his run or pass blocking, but his shotgun snaps are all over the place -- they rarely hit the QB in the hands crisply, so the QB usually needs to spend extra attention on securing the ball at the start of the play. Very Dominic Picard like. It's shocking that someone can play center in the CFL without being able to do the very first part of their job very well. You mean Desjarlais, right?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.