Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GCJenks

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GCJenks

  1. BJ Cunningham
  2. Stanback (thought I picked him last week but I guess I was thinking Adams was going to sneak one... D'uh!!!)
  3. Let’s pile on the Stumps. Vernon Adams
  4. Out West on vacation, will be cutting beach time short to catch the 5:30 start time. Go Blue!!!
  5. I’ll ride the Kenny Lawler wave until it crashes, or I get back from vacay and have some time to pay attention to the other teams.
  6. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    Snapshot of the Canadian Prairies… Saskatoon Hotel, must book 1hr time slot for pool, only 2 families at a time. Breakfast, ask at a window and they bring you your food Drumheller hotel, pool doesn’t require bookings, likely over pre-covid capacity and people not minding anyone’s personal space. Breakfast, old style breakfast buffet, massive line up for hot food, only difference no make your own waffles and they stood behind the hot table serving you. Glad to be out of that province. Oh, Manitoba has the cheapest gas of all three right now.
  7. Well I would again suggest it was needed for the healing of the town, the remaining players and of those lost. Often times the best way to heal from any tragedy is to memorialize, remember and then get on with your new normal. Much the way I feel about Covid, although my 36!hrs in AB was often much too “peopley”
  8. Do you feel the same way about Humboldt?
  9. That feels almost as good as the Bombers win on Thursday. Congrats blue eyes, hell of a win.
  10. I have always believed it was a request for ...Free BOOZE!!!
  11. Traffic was hell getting in and back out. Concessions were a disaster. The only worse game day experience I can remember was the very first IGF game. They’ve got 2 weeks to figure it out before we are going back so hopefully they have things sorted by then. Being at a game and seeing them win, priceless.
  12. It is going to be an emotional one for sure. I am sure I will be weeping at the banner raising, player intros and national anthem. It will be just like it was 5 years ago today when Gord Downie made his last trip on to the stage in Winnipeg.
  13. Kenny Lawler
  14. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    I don’t think Roussin has hinted at removing testing and self isolation for the + cases. That is the truly disturbing part of the AB plan. so far they have been criticized for being slow at reopening, let’s hope they don’t bow to that pressure. Just saw this interview with an AB Dr posted on Reddit from CTV this morning. https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?clipId=2250447
  15. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    US Dept of Defense has just announced that all armed forces and civilian personnel will be required to wear masks while on base again. Dual Vaccination is not an exemption to this rule. Friend of mine that fixes planes and isn't within 6ft of anyone for hours at a time is kind of pissed but understands. AB is beyond what the US is doing, I can't believe Dr Hincliffe signed off and even made this announcement. CMA may want to start a license review.
  16. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe this starts August 16th? I am scheduled to drive through on the 17th, will have to teach the 8 yr old how to hold it until we get to the gap.
  17. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    INSANITY!!!
  18. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    Just got a text from one of my staff in BC that the interior health region will have a reinstated mask mandate effective midnight tonight. Glad to see them reacting quickly, sure hope they put some effort in to shots in arms too.
  19. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    Thanks for the correction, I must have read the thread about merging posts too quickly.
  20. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    @Rich These merged posts are a PITA. My two comments were more than 5 seconds apart. I actually went to another forum, posted something there, looked up a stat someone had texted me before my second post. A different thought than the quote I was replying too. (waiting a couple minutes before the reply button to see what happens. ) 4 minutes…
  21. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    The rate of change is going to slow as well. As fas as I under we are now at the point that we are pretty much waiting for people to become eligible for second doses (21 or 28 days). Starting to look like the BC Interior has lore issues than fire and smoke. 15% of BC population and 60% of today’s cases and growing. It feels like an evil plot to ruin another vacation for my family.
  22. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    I hate connecting in Calgary on my way west. I will leave at 5am if I have to for the direct to Vancouver. On the way home it usually isn't an option as I am often looping through Kelowna and going back to Van and then home just feels wrong to me even if the overall time is the same.
  23. Thanks for the info, I don’t think that helps me as I refuse to infect my phone with that app…
  24. I hate CBC, have for many years and will always. The transitions in triathlon are some of the most exciting parts as a bad one can be disaster. Did they show the bike to run transitions? Nope, largest pack in Oly history all headed in together, let’s cut to commercial and do another athlete profile of someone competing another day and totally ignore 2 men competing RFN Live… (Yes, it has been a couple hours, took the fam for ice cream and I am still pissed about it. )
  25. GCJenks replied to JCon's topic in General Discussion
    As someone who is going to be travelling through AB in a couple weeks ho will we be treated if we follow common sense and wear masks in crowded areas or visiting dinosaurs?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.