Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

aalgernon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aalgernon

  1. Not sure how we're still talking about Thorpe, but... Two "potentially" okay receivers is nothing to write home about! One of them straight up walked off the team which means he doesn't count as a good find, and the other (Givens) has done nothing to prove himself. Walters's track record on finding receiving talent is not good.
  2. What I'm asking is, suppose it were a fumble recovered by Winnipeg and had been ruled that way, would it have been negated by the no yards call?
  3. 1. Did Givens catch the ball near the end of the game on third down, or not? I haven't seen the replay yet. 2. On the punt return by Edmonton in the first half, the player appeared to fumble the ball, which was recovered by Winnipeg. I believe they ruled the Edmonton player down by contact, however. Now, my dad insists that, even if Edmonton had fumbled and Winnipeg recovered, it wouldn't have counted, since Winnipeg took a no yards penalty on that play. I'm not sure if he's right or not - can anyone help me out? 3. Were you cold at the game? I had on six shirts, which kept me cozy enough.
  4. A 12-6 record is legit - we won a lot of tough games. We are as good as our regular season record suggests. Doesn't mean we don't need to be better in the playoffs, though.
  5. God, I hope you're right. Your combination of username and this post at least make me feel somewhat optimistic. Re: fake punt; definitely the turning point. Not saying that play alone was the reason we lost, but it was certainly the beginning of the end. It just wasn't the right time or place for it, around our 40 yard line. Way more potential risk than potential reward. Wait at least until we're on their side of the field.
  6. Woo! Who's going to the playoff game next week?
  7. In a good way, though. Like, not in a stop-drop-and-roll actually consumed in flames kind of way.
  8. Which TSN feed is the game on??
  9. Neither QB looked good last week. That said, I don't understand how you can have a guy (Davis) listed as the #2 QB for the whole season, and when the time comes that the starter is out, you go with QB #3. Makes no sense to me, and must be a slap in the face to Davis. If O'Shea doesn't trust he can win a game, why wasn't he third-string all season long?
  10. Totally, I think he needs to get over it on his own... just based on his comments, I don't think he's done so yet.
  11. Not sounding good. If he knows it's mental, he needs to do whatever he can to make peace with himself and the misses he's had. All kickers go through slumps. If he's still upset and doesn't want to talk about it, that's a sign he hasn't gotten over things yet and these woes may continue.
  12. Disagree with the latter point - he has been absolutely money for most of the year, but is experiencing a slump now. Let's hope he can pick his game up heading into playoffs. It's the kicker's job to make fields goals, no matter what position he's put in. Medlock has made kicks like that many a time before.
  13. You're right... he's clearly missing a couple brain cells. Holy.
  14. Sadly, I think that is wishful thinking. He's probably done for the year, and we'll have to find a way to make do without him.
  15. Awful news and definitely makes me question whether we have a real shot at a Grey Cup now. Mo was the key to our defence. That said, we will have to move on and do our best. Remembering that this is the CFL, and that anything can happen, helps. Why wouldn't Randle at SAM make sense? We wouldn't have to re-shuffle the secondary too much to make this change, and I feel like Randle would be the next best player at that position. I could see Alexander too.
  16. As Dirty30 menitoned, I think Mo's injury was caused by the way he landed after catching the ball. On the replay, you can see him immediately go down after his ankle lands awkwardly. I don't think the injury was caused by the BC player, although it possibly could have been considered piling on. That type of "extra curricular" play is usually allowed, though, as the BC player might not have known if Leggett had secured the ball, and was trying to pry it loose in order to recover.
  17. Didn't the Bombers literally just add 6 players to the PR about a week ago?
  18. As some have said, we did blitz yesterday, but for the most part, put very little pressure on Masoli. I don't even know how we can send 6-7 guys at their QB and he can still have like 4 -5 seconds to throw the ball. Hurl is definitely part of the problem - he's awful. I like Santos-Knox and obviously Leggett is amazing, but like others are saying, we need a MLB. Also agree about the zone coverage issue. We should try playing more man and see how that pans out. Then again, you usually need a bit of a rush for man coverage to be effective, so who knows what we can really hope for. Sure hope we get this figured out sooner rather than later. I don't want to lose hope in this team.
  19. Exactly my point. Strange and unnecessary, I think.
  20. I hear you on that as well. This won't be a popular opinion, but I don't like how football (particularly the NFL, but more so the CFL now too) tries to bridge together this weird strand of patriotism with sport. Of course the events in Las Vegas and Edmonton were terrible, but people die all over the world for all sorts of things. It seems selective to choose to only honour the victims of some tragedies. I'd rather do away with it all together. In the NFL, it makes a bit more sense based on their levels of patriotism (or, perhaps more accurately, nationalism), but we really don't share that value set in Canada and I don't think the CFL should be encouraging it.
  21. Stegall is always a safe bet. Out of current players who I'd say are also safe bets, regardless of where they end up: Harris, Denmark, Nichols, Leggett.
  22. Despite all the differences of opinion here, we can't argue this thread didn't get us talking. (Still Roberts for me! Probably in part because those were my formative Bomber years, but I can't see Andrew H. as being anywhere close to Blink!)
  23. I read a great article about this injury and the way the CFL handles its player's medical expenses. Worth reading. Linked here, from the Ottawa Citizen. Wishing Hefney all the best. Guy was a great player for us.
  24. Yeah, I guess, but a lot of guys could fall into that category. The dude did his job and was freakin' great at it. Can you really ask for more?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.