Everything posted by aalgernon
-
Bombers at Als early chat
I want all of Wilson, Singer and White on the roster. Receiver is not our biggest issue at this point, and these guys have all produced variously.
-
Argos at Bombers early chat
Go Bombers. What's the word on Wilson? I figured he'd be back by now.
-
Banjo week lead up
I'm in.
-
Labor Day Classic GDT
There's such a bizarre fixation on who's to blame here, and whether it's the coaches or the players. Obviously it's both? In fact, they actually go together? Is this not obvious? (There's one specific poster who seems to have trouble ascribing any sort of responsibility or blame to the coaches, which I simply can't understand lol). The LDC left plenty to be concerned about. Hard to defend Zach. He needs to understand how to unload the ball under pressure. It's a fundamental skill that a vet in his standing should be able to do almost effortlessly. It's killing us. Not to mention his downfield accuracy. Ugh. At the same time, it was the LDC. We did hold up pretty well and I have hope for the Banjo Bowl. But I agree, it's hard to imagine this team getting far in the playoffs. Also, four straight two-and-outs to start the game? ******* abysmal. Also, that last pass to the line of scrimmage on third down? Nope.
-
Post (game) Back to mortem - Leopards rarely change their spots edition
Uh huh. Why?
-
2026 Bombers Season
Would anybody be able to share what happened with Nasty Nate and why he got banned? I used to hang around OurBombers and of course he was a fixture there. Certainly a controversial guy with no shortage of unique takes, but he was a fan and a character. Hope he's doing well these days. Neat story, SpeedFlex, about the olden days of Bomber mediocrity. I've heard lots of stories of Ken Ploen from back in the day, but not Jonas. I'll have to ask the older Bomber fans I know. Booch - is that true that Schoen spent an off-season literally "learning CFL" (like so many Americans deride fall-off NFLers as needing to do)? Fascinating. I wonder if there'd be a chance to bring him back in a reduced capacity if he can heal up. Maybe come playoffs? The guy just knew how to find space. (Don't mean to rehash old conversation points, but who knows.)
-
Redblacks @ Bombers: Week 11: The GDT
I want them to play like a goddamn football team.
-
Blue Bombers -- 2025/26 Offseason -- Discussion Thread
I talked to Neufeld, Sheahan and Cadwallader at Festival du Voyageur this weekend. Neufeld had an interesting comment--said the team looks a lot better than last year. He mentioned playing against Ceresna and lobbying hard to get him here.
-
Bombers @ Birds: ESF GDT
Commercial, kickoff, commercial? FFS.
-
Blue Bombers-Tigercats Game Day Chat
Totally agree with this. Not sure what people seem to think Wheatfall has that's so impressive.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
The changes are stupid and won't improve the game. The overall effect is to tone down all the cool and quirky rules that make the league unique. It's a shame, and will probably be followed by more of the same. Can't believe we're seriously nerfing the rouge like this...
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
O'Shea is going into protective dad mode, likes he seem to do around injuries. Did the same thing around K. Wilson after the Banjo Bowl. I think he has a point that wild speculation on the air in the spur of the moment perhaps isn't the most constructive, but it is basically Stegall's job. Ultimately I think Stegall's comments got blown out of proportion, and latched onto by a number of redditors. We don't actually know the extent of Collaros's injury, or how long he'll be out. I expect he'll be back this season, and I'm sure he is already considering retirement after this year or next.
-
Banjo Bowl Early Chat
Changing the topic, but I haven't seen much acknowledgement of how smart it was of Sask to do the "quick kick" on third down near the end of the game last week. The Bombers did not at ALL see it coming... we should have been better prepared. I would generally think O'Shea would be able to anticipate such a thing, even though it was really quite out of the blue.
-
3 turds plus ch coaching never fails to fail
Hogan sucks. This game was over once we were down 14. It was fun to see the "come back" but realistically already over by then. Schoen looked bad (hurt) after the two-point convert. O'Shea was a **** to Derek Taylor on the post-game show. Our offence can be good. We have legit playmakers, and Collaros can still sling it.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Man, we're still going on about this? We need the Bombers to sign Ontaria so we have something else to talk about.
-
Blue Bombers - 2025 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Yeah, I don't think Woli was actually released... Much speculation about nothing, lol. But I'd take him back, given the chance.
-
3 stars plus HH gc bound! For Ted
What's the chance Wolitarsky is able to play next week?
-
3 stars plus hh and scape goats creepy Kelly edition
Definitely this. We should have left the offense out, and had a threat to pass or run. Handing off to Oliveira is probably just as good an option as a QB sneak from the 2. Just one example of a few bad play calls by Buck in this on, IMO.
-
3 stars plus hh down town Dru brown
I think the hit should pretty clearly have been called RTP. The defender had plenty of time to stop, or try to maneuver around Collaros. I'm actually finding it a little strange how people are framing the matter of "intent" or "maliciousness", Stegall and Dunnigan included. As far as I can tell, Ealy chose to land on Collaros unnecessarily. The suggests that he did intend to hurt him, making the hit, in fact, malicious. It wasn't the most egregious hit I've ever seen, but I don't think calling it dirty is unfair. Hope he gets a suspension.
-
CHAMPS at ALS GDT
I'm not stressed or worried about the team at all. And McGuire looked like garbage today.
-
Streaming CFL games / ESPN+
Neat, thanks for the info. Would be more appealing with a FireTV or Android app though. Thanks also. This does seem like the most straightforward option. I appreciate all the responses. If I'm being honest, I may stick to secondary sources for streams for the time being.
-
Streaming CFL games / ESPN+
Frustrating. I wonder if they offer the deal regularly or what...
-
Streaming CFL games / ESPN+
Aw shoot, yeah, that would've done the trick. When did they offer it?
-
Streaming CFL games / ESPN+
Anyone have any suggestions on how to stream CFL games, preferably in a legal manner? I tried signing up for ESPN+ which carries the games, but it turns out you need a cable provider with ESPN in order for the subscription to work at all. (It's also meant to by American only, but I subverted that with a VPN.) I know TSN direct exists, but it's expensive. Is it any good? Anyone have Sling or Hulu or whatever which carries ESPN and watch games that way?
-
CFL Schedule Change a Bad Idea
Do people really watch the NHL in June? Sure, if the Jets were in the Stanley Cup it'd be nuts, but who cares if the Lightning are playing the Golden Knights or whatever. Suppose the CFL season moves back three weeks, and the Grey Cup is the first weekend in November. Doesn't that mean there's only one potential week of overlap, which, in all likelihood, translates into one, maybe two CFL games? I can't see that being such a big issue. That said, I'm pretty impartial one way or the other. If the Grey Cup is in Winnipeg in November, I'll go, and not care too much about the weather. It is disappointing how the attendance drops with the temperature, however, and if there were a way to mitigate that a bit, I'd be for it.