Everything posted by Colin Unger
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Its positive that we're getting a linebacker with upside some experience. Can't imagine Wilson is the one who's going to be replaced anytime soon. With a 17 day break between BC games i'm going to be he's only back for the 2nd game.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Im looking forward to seeing what Garbutt can do.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Im also looking forward to see him make his Case!
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Anyone know who’s going to be block Garbutt this week? Ssk used to have Loften and Hardrick not sure who they have left.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I wouldn't base much on Walter's public comments. He's not going to say "we believe X player is an injury concern so we didn't offer a contract". That would negatively affect their ability to find work elsewhere in football.
-
3 stars plus hh game of the year
I think Osh has the the be the 2nd star of the game. Took and L while winning a challenge, gutsy 2pt covert decision, even a tackle on the sidelines!
-
3 stars plus hh game of the year
This is what happens after a rookie gets his feet wet and makes one big play. Suddenly he has the experience and confidence to be a major contributor.
- GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- GDT - Calgary Stampeders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
This section of this post as aged tremendously well.
-
TNF Argos @ Als GDT
My entire draftkings week got screwed when Cody got injured
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I wonder how much of Janarion Grant's success in Toronto is aided by the argos special team's unit? Obviously he's still able to get it done when healthy. I don't think he was healthy for us most of last season. But when you look at the drop off in production from Javon Leake when going from Toronto to Edmonton I think we need to at least consider how much credit is due to Grant and how much to the Argos unit at large. I don't think Chris Smith will be as good as Grant but he's younger and cheaper and he looks like a guy who can be a good returner in this league. I don't have any major problems with this year's recruiting class when you combine the Canadians and Americans. The issue is last year's lack of a class is coming back to bite us. We're expecting a lot from players who were just introduced to the CFL a few weeks ago. Even guys like Lawler, Simon, Stegall and many more were not instant successes in the CFL. Lets' re-evaluate later in the season. Guys like Bonds and Ford all of sudden started to click. And I don't think we can forget about Wheatfall who looked quite promising.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Its still difficult to score touchdowns against Winnipeg. Given the obvious shortcomings talent wise i think we need to give some credit to our defensive co-ordinator. It's somewhat difficult to picture where Parker would slot in. With his injury history when healthy I would use him in Griffin's role until an injury opens up a spot for him.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
You couldn't be more wrong! There's Cadwalladar and Gauthier 🤣
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Maybe he was brought back in case Lawson got injured 🤕
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I think we have been looking to move on from him but then Lawson got injured.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I'm not quite seeing the reason to think this team has no chance going forward. Despite all the complaints somehow all opponents outside of Montreal failed to dominate this team on the scoreboard. We've played 4 games in a row that came done to who was going to make one play and we lost 3 of them. The team has a lot of problems but somehow there must be something they're doing better than their opponents to remain competitive week after week despite the obvious flaws.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I edited my post probably after you were already working on your reply to make it clear that I was only focusing my opinion on what I think Wade would do. Not on what I think Wade "should" do. If Wade and Walters are convinced that the roster management is killing the team they'd probably deal with it with O'Shea rather then just firing him and replacing him with no coaches cap until his contract expires. They would want to salvage to good things about Oshe without risking life after O'Shea. I think our best bet to win is to use both Zach and Chris at QB and find a way to keep them both healthy. I don't think that Zach is finished and with good protection he'd still be doing well. This week will be interesting. He's going to have to play well or else the boo birds will be out to get him. He should be playing with a chip on his shoulder this week knowing his job is on the line.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I have to disagree with you on O'Shea being fired. (Note: this is my opinion on what the organization would realistically do its not my opinion on what they should do.) It would take a monumental non-football event for him to get fired anytime soon. He lead us out of the wilderness and into the promised land. If anything he'll get more leash than a normal head coach to have 2 Grey Cup wins and 4 appearances in 4 years... not less leash. He'd have to miss the playoffs this year and next to get fired. There's also the coaches cap to consider. They'd have to find someone internally who's essentially willing to coach the team for no extra pay. The only person I could see being willing to do that at their current pay is Walters. He was an elite selection.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
I don't think our scouting has been that bad this year. Its more a roster management issue. A lot of it has how they tightly manage the salary cap. I don't doubt there's some decent players we could bring in that our scouting staff has scouted but for this or that other reason the team is choosing to wait. I actually think Ontaria Wilson is starting to come along a bit. Hard to judge when you're not giving guys many targets these days. But I think we scouted well enough with Chris Smith, Woods, Bonds, Ayers, Johnson, and Adams. And we have an excellent draft class. Clercius, Hubert, and Wallace come to mind first.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Fayad must have been dating O'Shea's daughter or something. What the heck is the rationale of cutting him for an obviously inferior global this week. Not saying Fayad should be here long term but jeeze how did it make sense if you weren't going to pull Garbutt off the 6 game early?
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
How is what i said untrue. I'm suggesting that 4 could be easily upgraded by a replacement level american.. I never said all 11. Im counting the 3 offensive lineman and thomas as easily upgraded by an american.
-
Blue Bombers - 2024 Regular Season - Discussion Thread
Oshea has gone drunk with Canadians. The only type of player he loves almost as much as Canadians are globals.