2016 Jets RFAs

Ducky

Are there teams out there that would pass on Armia?  Sure,  but you only need one team that would have room for him and would want to take a flyer on a former 1st round draft pick, on a cheap contract and  who is still young enough and growing into his game.

Sending down Armia over Dano would be poor roster management.  Unless Armia really craps the bed in camp, the difference between the two isn't great enough to risk losing an asset for nothing.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Good job Chevy.  Expecting big things out of both of these guys this year, in the bottom six.  Both are key guys on the third and fourth lines.  Armia adds a lot of skill, hope he can play with Copp again this year, as Copp really seemed to pick up his game with Armia on his wing instead of Thorbs.

No offence to Thorbs, but that's like saying our marriage really picked up once my mother-in-law moved out ;)

17 hours ago, Atomic said:

In what way?  I don't get what you're saying.

I'd guess he's saying we don't want to risk losing him for nothing until we have a better sense of what he can be.  A 50/50 chance of that is too much.

If you were told to go saddle a horse, but that there was only a 50/50 chance it would ram it's hoof into your junk, you'd probably say 50/50 is too much.

5 hours ago, Rich said:

How much power is he going to have in arbitration if he has limited NHL games?

It could cut down on the number of years the Jets have him though....I see Tanev as a solid 4th line winger and good PKer.

34 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It could cut down on the number of years the Jets have him though....I see Tanev as a solid 4th line winger and good PKer.

We seem to have a whole bunch of those guys with that kind of potential right now.  If he can't beat out the competition and is stuck on the Moose and that means we have him for less time, then it means we've been playing better players.

Not going to worry about losing a guy whose potential is a solid 4th line winger.

Tanev's potential is probably 3rd line winger but on the Jets, who are stacked with forward depth, he's a 4th line winger for sure.

You can't have 4 scoring lines, That's not how it works, you can have 3 but 4? I dunno, you need guys who can PK and do things of that nature, this is where guys like Tanev,Burmistrov,Dano etc come in to play, They are good players but what gives them a chance to make the team is they are also guys who can play on the PK... the PK wasn't good enough last season, neither was the PP, part of that is scheme but part of it is talent also... If the Jets can improve the PP and the PK... they will make some people take notice and realize, holy crap, this team is pretty good. Jets were very good 5 on 5, it was their special teams that killed them and goaltending, especially pavelec and hutchinson, pavelec more so tho, he wasn't good, not good at all... Fix those 3 issues and this team will be very very good. 

Tanev,Burmi,Dano very well could be our 4th line this year. I highly doubt Dano is sent to the Moose, i just don't see it. 

Like i've said for a while, i expect to see a trade or 2 cuz right now, we got to many forwards actually, a couple need to go for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

• 3 weeks later...