Mark Scheifele's New Deal

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

D men who play D very good are good to have. Enstrom is that guy. I will say I'd move him in a heartbeat tho because his age doesn't fit. Plus then you could protect buff trouba myers. Younger players.  Toby is a legit #2 d man on most teams and a #1 on some. He's good. He's just not part of the future.  Some people just see his height tho.

some people just see him cough up the puck in his own end when any player comes up to him.  I just can't stand that.

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Armia probably get just under 1m, 2 way - short term.

I like Armia.  I like him even more now that we have another Finn on the team.  Like a lot of these young players he just needed some confidence, after it was destroyed by those bozos in Buffalo.  I really liked that Petan/Copp/Armia line.  I know I sound like a broken record, but give Armia some players to play with and he'll be good.

57 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I like Armia.  I like him even more now that we have another Finn on the team.  Like a lot of these young players he just needed some confidence, after it was destroyed by those bozos in Buffalo.  I really liked that Petan/Copp/Armia line.  I know I sound like a broken record, but give Armia some players to play with and he'll be good.

Bozo's everywhere. Remember Noel ripping into Scheif his first year like he had knocked Slap Slot.

I remember Armia making a good play in about his 3rd game or so and Maurice walking up and bending over his shoulder and saying something to him. When Maurice was walking away, Armia had a mile wide smile and was saying "wow".

Edited by Ducky

Don't see how you justify paying Armia less than Thorburn... way higher ceiling - I would try a two year bridge at $1.5m

Lowry same thing, his first year fancy stats are great - guy deserves more than Burmistrov... two years at $1.8 and hope it was sophomore slump

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:10 AM, Ducky said:

I remember Armia making a good play in about his 3rd game or so and Maurice walking up and bending over his shoulder and saying something to him. When Maurice was walking away, Armia had a mile wide smile and was saying "wow".

Was it this one?

https://www.nhl.com/video/armias-second-goal/c-41840303

On 7/9/2016 at 10:17 PM, Goalie said:

D men who play D very good are good to have. Enstrom is that guy. I will say I'd move him in a heartbeat tho because his age doesn't fit. Plus then you could protect buff trouba myers. Younger players.  Toby is a legit #2 d man on most teams and a #1 on some. He's good. He's just not part of the future.  Some people just see his height tho.

I wouldn't mind re-signing Enstrom for two years at 3.25 when his current deal is up. Hear that, KBF?

6 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I wouldn't mind re-signing Enstrom for two years at 3.25 when his current deal is up. Hear that, KBF?

So you don't think Morrissey, Trouba or Stanley are going to develop on the left side?

Enstrom has no place in the West...  he was good in the East, that's how he got this horrible contract.

And weren't you just arguing against signing 33 yr old Hamhuis to two years at 3.25...?  

26 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Stanley is at least 3 years away from being a 3LHD... Morrissey might make the team this year....who else do we have?

Kostalek, Chiarot, Stu, and RHD Trouba....Rather see Enstrom and Stanley and Morrissey as our LHD.

Or just sign someone better than Enstrom for $3 mill a year... or trade for one.

I honestly can't think of any team in the league where Enstrom is their #1 pairing... and he's getting paid the same as Seabrook.