Mark Scheifele's New Deal

In four or five years when the cap is 78-80 million a year, everyone will be wondering how we got him so cheap.

I can't see Trouba signing until just before TC and Lowry and Armia getting a bit more (not much) than Goalie quoted above.

What a great time to be a Jet fan.

Chevy's real cap test will come around 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 when some of the young stars like Ehlers, Connor, Laine, Petan, Morrissey, and Comrie become RFAs and Wheeler, Little and Myers are UFAs. Next off-season doesn't show any really big names coming up for renewal outside of Helle. Interesting times ahead.

TUP, I listened to that interview. What a great individual. He is way up in Bumfart, Northern Ontario with his strength coach for a golf tourney to raise  money for charity. Spoke about it being an honor and how he knows he has to continue to keep on getting better every year.

Edited by Ducky
forgot Little

Read an interesting rumor. Involves Colorado Winnipeg Anaheim 

Essentially it breaks down like this 

To Colorado Trouba 

To Anaheim Landeskog 

To Winnipeg Lindholm 

I don't think there's much to it but would be interesting and hard to not say no from the Jets perspective 

Not all of ehlers Connor Laine etc will need big bucks. They are rfa and have no real options. 1 might not turn out. Hard to say. You also need to look at in the next 2 years... Pav Stuart Chiarot Postma hutch for that matter... Stafford Thorburn Peluso and a few others deals are all up. Pav stafford and Thor this coming off season saves the jets close to 10 million bucks. Peluso Chiarot Burmi saves them another 3 or 4 million. Enstrom saves them 5.75 million. Stuart saves them about 3 million. So while they will have guys like little wheeler Ehlers Laine Connor etc to sign... they will probably have tons of money left to do it. Jets will sign who they want and let the others go. Lots of money to go around in a couple years. 

Ehlers Connor Little Morrissey little Wheeler Laine. Lots of cash available when they are up. Trust me that the jets and Chevy are well aware when these deals are up and have stratigically planned for it for a couple years now. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I doubt Lowry and Armia get more than a million. It might be less even. They have both proven nothing so far. 

I think trouba will be signed next 

Considering they both carried a cap hit of around 800k and 900k with an actual salary of 900k and 1.2M with bonuses last year, I would say the minimum either would sign for is $1.5M.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Read an interesting rumor. Involves Colorado Winnipeg Anaheim 

Essentially it breaks down like this 

To Colorado Trouba 

To Anaheim Landeskog 

To Winnipeg Lindholm 

I don't think there's much to it but would be interesting and hard to not say no from the Jets perspective 

Link?

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We could get a lot for Staf. His stats say 20g/year but stats dont show he never hits anyone or that a lot of goals are in the net when the goalie is out of it :P

Now we can't trade him because of this post.

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Scheifele's deal is better than MacKinnon's deal and plus it is a year longer.

Scheif is 31 when his is over and Mackinnon will only be 27.

Yeah but Scheifele is 23 and MacKinnon is 20  

I love Scheifele, but MacKinnon has done at least as much or more than Scheifele at a much younger age. 

He will be an UFA at 27 and Scheif at 31.

Mac.........153 points in 218 games 63, 38 and 52.

Scheif......145 points in 227 games 34, 49 and 61.

Both very good players.

I think 31-32 is the perfect age to have a contract run out if you are the organization and 26-27 if you are a player. My opinion.

I think MacKinnon continues his upward progression but what is it going to cost to re-sign him at 27? Scheif at 31 might take a 2 or 3 year deal to finish off his career here. Fingers full of rings and name on the cup so much the engraver doesn't even have to look it up to spell it...

D men who play D very good are good to have. Enstrom is that guy. I will say I'd move him in a heartbeat tho because his age doesn't fit. Plus then you could protect buff trouba myers. Younger players.  Toby is a legit #2 d man on most teams and a #1 on some. He's good. He's just not part of the future.  Some people just see his height tho.

As for Armia. Shane Prince just signed a 2 yr deal with nyi. 6 goals 12 assists 18 points in his nhl career. Armia has 4 goals 6 assists 10 points in his career. Prince will be paid 700 000 in 2016. Have played pretty much the same amount of nhl games also. 1 million? Not a chance 

Edited by Goalie