Brendan Lemieux

Ducky

Thats really interesting stuff.  You always hear about athletes carbo loading before games but I always feel like **** after a big plate of pasta.  My gf went to a naturopath and they did DNA testing and provided her a print out of how her body reacts to various foods and it completely changed her diet.  I've been meaning to do it.  She was a vegan and consumed a lot of soy but the testing showed she was actually allergic to soy.  Its interesting stuff.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats really interesting stuff.  You always hear about athletes carbo loading before games but I always feel like **** after a big plate of pasta.  My gf went to a naturopath and they did DNA testing and provided her a print out of how her body reacts to various foods and it completely changed her diet.  I've been meaning to do it.  She was a vegan and consumed a lot of soy but the testing showed she was actually allergic to soy.  Its interesting stuff.

A naturopath?   Hmmm I'd be pretty hesitant to trust anything they say.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

I think Lemieux and Connor both start in the AHL this year. We need to restore a little bit of a veteran presence.

This all depends if Jets management thinks a playoff spot is attainable if not they may shed veterans again in a semi tank move. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

This all depends if Jets management thinks a playoff spot is attainable if not they may shed veterans again in a semi tank move. 

I don't think many teams are thinking tank at that time of the year. If things aren't looking too good after the New Year, then I thi nk we see LOTS of young players coming up from the Moose. That might not be a bad thing.

Lemieux stands a good chance to make the team I just don't think he will because Laine and Connor will and I think Armia does because he won't clear waivers. Lemieux will be a starter next y;ear if not by the end of the upcoming season. Also, you can only have so much youth on your team and look at the youngsters that are coming up in the system like Roslovic. Armia has less than a year and Copp has a year and Laine and Connor will be rookies. Ehlers has a year and Dano has about a year. I don't think Petan starts with the club but if he does, he doesn't have a year in the NHL. Lowry only has two. That is a lot of young players.

This is also why I think Stafford stays until the TD. They will want some veterans around to help keep the kids on an even keel and show them how to be pros. He along with Wheeler and Little and Perreault plus Buff, Enstrom and Myers will try to show the kids how it is done. Scheif will get an "A" if not the "C" and he is a great guy for the youngsters to look up to. Management might not want the kids to play like Staf but I think he prepares himself for the season and the games like a professional. I really like the way the Jets are bringing quality people, on and off the ice, into the team.

sidenote... Roslovic (Connor too) is supposed to be really opening some eyes the last day or three. I hope he goes to play with the Knights. I think the OHL will better prepare him for the NHL. I'm betting he ends up going there.

3 hours ago, Ducky said:

Ya I read that but I think someone will talk him into going to the OHL. Don't you think it would prepare him better. He wouls probaly center a line with Tkachuk on it too.

if he's serious about the NHL he should make the jump to the Knights.  He can do night courses at Western.  The OHL is a huge opportunity for him, he should take it.

36 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

if he's serious about the NHL he should make the jump to the Knights.  He can do night courses at Western.  The OHL is a huge opportunity for him, he should take it.

He could just sign for the Moose. Even better opportunity. 

Just saying....

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Wasn't the rumour about Roberts camp was that he was loading up the kids with special stuff that can pass a drug test?

No. Mark Scheifele goes to his camp. It's basically DNA testing and things of that nature. Which foods are best for your body type etc. It's interesting.  Trouba did go one year... his first in the nhl I believe but left. It's not for everybody I guess 

• 2 weeks later...

I think Lemieux gets a couple of games to start the year. He ends up going down but is called back up around the ASG, along with Comrie. Connor starts and impresses and stays. Laine is a no-brainer and I really don't know if Morrissey makes the team. I am sure he will get a couple of games to start he season.

• 3 months later...