Captain America: Civil War - Spoiler Thread

57 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I agree. But marvel chose to have their tv characters exist in that universe. 

Right, but how could Iron Man force Daredevil to sign?  He couldn't force any of the others.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wasnt is said that they either sign or are forcibly retired?  ie. They would be outlaws.  I'd suspect Iron Man could track down and put a stop to Daredevil.

He might stop, but I don't see him signing.  And he'd only stop for a while cause Matt's a rebel.  A loner Dotty...

...wait...wrong movie.

Love love loved it. I think sometimes you guys think too much about it. In terms of pure comic book movie, this somehow exceeded my insanely high expectations. Liked it easily as much as Avengers 1, tho maybe not quote as much as Winter Soldier. 

Missed Sam Jackson in this... He woulda been a nice touch. 

Spidey was great and I'm a huge Rudd fan, so the Ant stuff was fantastic. 

Surprised how much I dug the Black Panther character. Excited for his movie! 

I come from a very anti nerd world, so I know nothing of comic books. I was talked into watching the first Iron Man and got sucked into this crazy vortex called MCU. Coming from that perspective, purely as a movie goer that enjoys action and comedy movies... I'm a big big fan of this earth-based stuff. Thor and Guardians? Not for me.... 

Edited by Noeller

couldnt take it anymore so i watched in on kodi, great quality surprisingly my thoughts;

dont care for vision, I think its his eyes (not being a solid white/grey) and colour scheme. Interesting he mentions his infinity stone on his head, but no mention of how it got on him. will likely be the tie in the guardians/avengers/infinity wars and why thanos comes to earth, although thanos played a part in avengers 1 and the tesseract. If it is the soul stone, itd also bridge the introduction to adam warlock, who usually protects it and many think was in that cocoon in the collectors shop in guardians that is busted open in the end sequence when hes cleaning up

Spiderman and the Black Panther were great, definitely like the Holland pick as peter parker. voice wise in costume sounded perfect. I just dont get how Tony knew it was spiderman without having met him. I think they rushed that intro a little, if he had actually been one of those MIT kids getting a grantarrow-10x10.png it'd have worked a lot better with them meeting under normal circumstance. I'd be extremely skeptical if i was pete with someone just coming in, knowing my secrets and even knowing where my costume was... 

While quicksilver is generally apartarrow-10x10.png of the xmen universe, im a little surprised they had him in age of ultron but not this. wanda and pietro are usually inseparable

the shakey cam wasnt an issue for me, i thought about what the action scenes would be without it during the first half, and sometimes its kinda needed when they are fighting jobber nameless soldiers/cops/people.  it wasnt shakey for the bight airport scene, but that was like a showcase of power, or the end that was a more intimate fight.

didnt like black panther letting zemo live. i know its not very "good guy"ish to kill the bad guy but theyve made no bones about killing bad guys before, and the guy did cause some serious damage, both on the public and to them personally. they'll get bit in the ass for that one

other then that great movie, didnt disappoint at all

Zemo was kept alive because he'll be back.  Bank on it.

Also, BP didn't kill Zemo because that's not his thing.  It made sense to me that he didn't kill him.

And I love Vision, always have, and I love this incarnation of him.

I actually kind of liked what they did with Vision even though the character is too OP and needs a nerf.... I guess I've always been a bit of a sucker for the robot trying to become human thing. 

Movie was great though. Anything wrong with it was just nit picky but once again it had some good build up of drama and well executed action sequences. Spiderman was great just being the stupidly powerful character but is star struck by the super heroes and totally nerding out over their tech. Big fan of Paul Rudd so obviously I like his take on ant man and was a nice surprise to see giant man show up too. 

I get the whole vision thing,  even in the comics/cartoons he was always trying to analyze and figure out human emotion and instinct, pretty much the way most AI is portrayed in all sorts of entertainment. his eyes tho bug the crap out of me. I think Paul Bettany was the right casting for the part, but making his eyes a solid colour (black, white or yellow) would have been huge

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see this for the 2nd time tonight.  I thought it was better than Age of Ultron.  Actually the captain America movies are the best in the MCU......them and GotG.  

the addition of Spiderman was a bit rushed, but it worked because NO ONE wants another Spiderman origin movie.

Edited by basslicker

48 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

They should have Paypal links for their movies.

Or you can purchase it in the forms the company is willing to sell it or go without. You aren't a special little snowflake that gets to have it your way all the time. Sometimes you just have to march to the beat of someone else's drum.