UFC

Goalie

So how about that Ronda Rousey :)    

What a one sided beat down...  even CM Punk put up more of a fight.   

I am curious to see how Dana will defend his ex (or current) girlfriend this time around?    I can't believe how poor Ronda's stand up is...  I assume she will retire?  If not then how can she possibly stay with that same camp... she looked absolutely clueless.  

On 12/31/2016 at 2:37 AM, Brandon said:

So how about that Ronda Rousey :)    

What a one sided beat down...  even CM Punk put up more of a fight.   

I am curious to see how Dana will defend his ex (or current) girlfriend this time around?    I can't believe how poor Ronda's stand up is...  I assume she will retire?  If not then how can she possibly stay with that same camp... she looked absolutely clueless.  

RR smells like burnt toast. It really rubbed me the wrong way her being excused from all media leading up to the fight. And coming back into insta title shot after that long lay off. And the talk of suicide after 1 loss and and and. 

Nunes is a gangster in that division. Best power by a huge margin. Would love to see her fight cyborg if cyborg could piss clean. (catch weight fight)

Talk is tyrone woodley will fight a catch weight match against bisping in a pure cash grab. Pretty sad imop.

Ufc also seems to want to strip mcg of his LW belt and have an interim match. The fetish the ufc has developed for interim belts and forced super fights seems like a cheap excuse at cash grabs. Stripping Mcg of the FW belt i think just under a year after he won it was silly. But I get it he didnt defend it and didnt seem to intend on defending it. Even though aldo had 3 or more periods of time where he went that long or longer with out a defense. Aldo allways intended on defending it. But stripping him of LW would just be dumb. 

Weve got some thin thin cards coming up. Could be record low PPV sales. trumped up interim championship matches isnt going to save it, itll just water things down even further and hurt the product long term. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

RR smells like burnt toast. It really rubbed me the wrong way her being excused from all media leading up to the fight. And coming back into insta title shot after that long lay off. And the talk of suicide after 1 loss and and and. 

Nunes is a gangster in that division. Best power by a huge margin. Would love to see her fight cyborg if cyborg could piss clean. (catch weight fight)

Talk is tyrone woodley will fight a catch weight match against bisping in a pure cash grab. Pretty sad imop.

Ufc also seems to want to strip mcg of his LW belt and have an interim match. The fetish the ufc has developed for interim belts and forced super fights seems like a cheap excuse at cash grabs. Stripping Mcg of the FW belt i think just under a year after he won it was silly. But I get it he didnt defend it and didnt seem to intend on defending it. Even though aldo had 3 or more periods of time where he went that long or longer with out a defense. Aldo allways intended on defending it. But stripping him of LW would just be dumb. 

Weve got some thin thin cards coming up. Could be record low PPV sales. trumped up interim championship matches isnt going to save it, itll just water things down even further and hurt the product long term. 

He just won the LW belt in November so when exactly was he supposed to defend it? 

You seem to be confusing it with the FW belt which he has already been stripped of (they took the belt 2 weeks after he beat Alvarez).  They re-instated Aldo as "undisputed" champion & had Holloway fight Pettis for the interim belt a month ago.  it nearly blew up in their face though because Pettis missed weight and was ineligible to win the title even if he won they fight.  Holloway won though so crisis averted. 

You are right that it's a cash grab though... all titles are though, they really don't mean much since the UFC can name whoever they want champion (this is the 2nd time Aldo has been awarded the belt without winning it in a fight). 

9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He just won the LW belt in November so when exactly was he supposed to defend it? 

You seem to be confusing it with the FW belt which he has already been stripped of (they took the belt 2 weeks after he beat Alvarez).  They re-instated Aldo as "undisputed" champion & had Holloway fight Pettis for the interim belt a month ago.  it nearly blew up in their face though because Pettis missed weight and was ineligible to win the title even if he won they fight.  Holloway won though so crisis averted. 

You are right that it's a cash grab though... all titles are though, they really don't mean much since the UFC can name whoever they want champion (this is the 2nd time Aldo has been awarded the belt without winning it in a fight). 

thats my point. Im saying it would be beyond silly to strip him of the LW belt. But they allready tried to make an interim belt between nurmy and aldo (moveing up)

I under stand the belt situation. What you are not getting is the ufc has been talking about stripping him of the LW belt. Im not talking FW.

titles do mean some thing, but not as much as they should due to that exact watering down. And due to the strength of some divisions. The value of a belt may have never been lower. They have driven it down by giving undeserving guys shots and making silly match ups. Mcg Diaz shouldnt have happened. They should have pushed the fight back till it could be next up. 

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Could be worse.... you could have a roided up BJJ female fighting a grandma!  I think The Unknown Poster may appreciate the rope work on the grandma.... you have to watch this video:

that gabi garcia fight was as sad as kimbo/dada and more freakshow then most of bob sapps fights. And that is saying some thing. Rizin is such a poor shell of the former glory that was pride. People are going nuts giving it props for the tourny crocop just won but those fights were sloppy brawls. 

From Dave Meltzer:

Mark Hunt files lawsuit against the UFC, Brock Lesnar & Dana White

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Jan 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Mark Hunt today filed a lawsuit in Nevada District Court against the UFC, Brock Lesnar, and Dana White.

ESPN's Brett Okamoto reported the story earlier tonight. It's a landmark case because Hunt is claiming that the defendants "affirmatively circumvented and obstructed fair competition for their own benefit."

Hunt had been threatening legal action, feeling that his career has been harmed by facing people who have cheated. Hunt was upset because he felt Lesnar was not punished enough for a failed drug test before their fight took place, and that he went into the cage without knowledge that Lesnar had already failed a test, as the result of a June 28th test didn't come back until after the July 9th fight.

The tough aspect of this case is that Lesnar failed for Hydroxy Clomiphene, and not for steroids or another PED. So while there are two failed tests, on June 28th and July 9th, there is no evidence that specifically ties Lesnar to PED usage for the Hunt fight.

Lesnar is currently serving a one-year suspension from UFC competition as well as within commission states that license pro fighters and wrestlers due to the positive tests.

On 1/11/2017 at 1:33 PM, Atomic said:

Hunt will never win this case.  No chance.  To think that he could take on the UFC and win is laughable, especially in light of the fact that Lesnar never tested positive for PEDs.  He tested positive for a substance that probably means he was using steroids but "probably" doesn't usually fly in court.

yeah. after this he is probably a loss away from bellator/rizin too. 

khabib vs tony ferguson at 209 for the interim LW belt. great fight, soo stupid to have yet another interim belt. and soo soon. 

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/12/14259888/mma-news-announces-khabib-nurmagomedov-tony-ferguson-interim-lw-title-at-ufc-209

• 2 weeks later...

bellator tnite. Im not generally a fan. It will be interesting to see the new unified rules in effect though. I really like the no jon jones pawing at peoples eyes with your fingers. Chinzo machida, and ralek gracie, i dont mind watching. Chael and tito i dont expect much from. Watching tito hit the mits for media he looked like the slowest man alive. Unlike last years fiasco with dada 5000 and kimbo slice this card has some hype for slightly more legit reasons. 

57 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

bellator tnite. Im not generally a fan. It will be interesting to see the new unified rules in effect though. I really like the no jon jones pawing at peoples eyes with your fingers. Chinzo machida, and ralek gracie, i dont mind watching. Chael and tito i dont expect much from. Watching tito hit the mits for media he looked like the slowest man alive. Unlike last years fiasco with dada 5000 and kimbo slice this card has some hype for slightly more legit reasons. 

Casual Bellator watcher but for novelty aspects and lets face it a one time these two were pretty good fighters i wanna see this match.

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

So Ortiz finished Sonnen early not much of a match, but that Paul Daley flying knee ko was insane

I only watched the last 3 fights... all I noticed was Ralek Gracie shouldnt' be in MMA,   Rampage looks super fat as per usual,   Ward was smiling and pointing to the crowd and did it again right before the spinning elbow   and Sonnen still sucks. 

On 1/21/2017 at 6:28 PM, bustamente said:

Casual Bellator watcher but for novelty aspects and lets face it a one time these two were pretty good fighters i wanna see this match.

im not even that much but it was an intriguing card. That isnt really the kind of novelty fight i go for. 

18 hours ago, bustamente said:

So Ortiz finished Sonnen early not much of a match, but that Paul Daley flying knee ko was insane

Yeah that wasnt much of a fight. Some people (namey dan hardy) are saying it was fixed. Sonnen with out missing a beat called out wandy again for his next pay day. I mean fight. Thats one i would watch though. That knee was certainly the high light of the night.

14 hours ago, Brandon said:

I only watched the last 3 fights... all I noticed was Ralek Gracie shouldnt' be in MMA,   Rampage looks super fat as per usual,   Ward was smiling and pointing to the crowd and did it again right before the spinning elbow   and Sonnen still sucks. 

Pretty much though i watched chinzo too. 

I don't think the fight was fixed,   I think it was more the case of both fighters being terrible...

I also assume Wandy is done fighting... if he was scared to roid up and fight out in Japan ... I doubt he will fight in the States where he can get banned again for a few more years...

I heard allegedly WSOF is done now. I hope gaethje comes to the ufc, and most of the rest goes to bellator. They could really use a strong shot in the arm so far as talent. And that would go a long ways to making them a legit pro circuit and less of a circus fight. 

ali bagautinov and zach makovsky both got cut today. A bit surprising. I liked bagautinov. He lost 3 of his last 4. But those 3 were to horiguchi, joseph benavidez, and DJ. Cutting him and keeping around a guy like big country is just another blow to the credibility of the sport. 

Makovsky lost 3 in a row. But again benavidez and dodson. 

It would be like if in the play offs instead of the bombers playing the lions the cfl stepped in and said well the riders would draw more and toronto is more important to league media coverage so bc and wpg are out ssk and to are in. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bigg jay said:

IF this ever happens, they should do a best out of 3 fights... boxing followed by mma, then kickboxing if needed.  Floyd mops the floor with him in a straight boxing match but loses in MMA.  Kickboxing would be the most even match-up for those two.

Dont think that ever happens. mma or kick boxing. I cant see floyd fighting the boxing match with mma gloves. Maybe full boxing rules in the cage. 

Floyd and white are saying it isnt happening atm. Which tells me it is. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Dont think that ever happens. mma or kick boxing. I cant see floyd fighting the boxing match with mma gloves. Maybe full boxing rules in the cage. 

Floyd and white are saying it isnt happening atm. Which tells me it is. 

I don't see Floyd agreeing to anything but a straight up boxing match which would mean the 8 or 10oz gloves and a ring.  Apparently the Nevada commission is involved in the negotiations somehow so it would be a sanctioned fight and rules would have to be followed. 

I am concerned of the direction the new UFC is going... the previous PPV was a stinker and some of the main events announced for the future are really mediocre.    

I assume Mike Goldberg was canned because aside from reading the ads he really did not elevate the action with his PBP.   I wasn't a fan of the 3 man booth for the last event... Cormier talks way to much.   It was much better back in the old days when Randy Couture would sit in on the main events and chime in occasionally.  

Did anyone else watch the last ppv?    I thought Anderson should of lost and the main event the ref should of deducted a point with the fight being a draw.