Stuuuuuuuuu

Goalie

On 2/16/2016 at 11:41 AM, Ducky said:

Pardy won't last 4-6 weeks although I wish they would leave him in there for the tank. Postma will see time and I wouldn't be surprised if another d man started some games while Stu is out too.

If we finished higher than 28th, I will be surprised. Leave Helle in the minors. Call Harrison up and play him on the first pairing. Play Hutch the rest of the season....I want Matthews.

I knew it wouldn't take long for Postma to draw in...

Is it because of Pardy's play or does another team want to see him?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I'd agree with that.  

So do I. It is a lot to bury on the farm but I can see him staying with the organization and becoming a coach on the farm and who knows, maybe with the Jets one day!

I don't think Stu is an unintelligent player, he is just slow and makes poor plays with the puck in his zone.

The Jets have lost Kane, Bogo, Ladd and if the lose Stu, that is a lot of big men to take off of your team.

Replacements are Dano, Myers, Morrissey?, and Staf (soon to not be here). It looks good for Lemieux to make the team with his size and attitude. We've lost a lot.

I know we are going smaller and more skilled but you can't get too small.

I can't wait for the freaking draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he's willing to accept that with a positive attitude, that could be a win-win.  Still makes his money, contributes to the teams development and is available if half the D corp gets injured.  I read somewhere (probably here) that he is married to a Winnipegger.  So its a way to stay in town too, if that is important.

I'll just ignore that since I'm not 16 anymore.

Nhl is going to a more skilled game. We already have size in Lowry buff trouba for that matter. I'll take the smaller skilled guys over guys like thorburn Peluso Stuart every day of the week. 

I would too but given the same talent every GM will go for the bigger body every time. We lost a lot of size and grit is all I'm saying. This could bode well for Lemieux. If Petan had size with his talent, he would have been a top 10 pick.

As far as D men goes, I like lotsa height and weight on the blueline. Enstrom is the only smaller D man in the lineup. We ice a D corps with some attitude in Buff and Stu and Trouba too to a point. Chiarot has a bit of a 'tude too now that I think of it. All big guys, even Postma (not very nasty tho).

Interesting to note that there is some talk that Laine could go 1st overall and the World Championships coming up could be a huge determining factor in who does go 1st overall, Laine is ripping it up, 10 goals 15 points in 18 playoff games in Finland also playing against MEN, Matthews hasn't played in a while. 

C'MON DRAFT LOTTO GODS... GIVE US A TOP 3 PICK SO we can really really get a game changer... Laine,Matthews, Puljujarvi would be awesome to have in a Jets jersey, any of the 3. 

Edited by Goalie

I'll make you any bet you want that Matthews is 1st overall.....anything you want to lose in a bet I will cover.

A top 3 would be SOOOOOOOOOOO nice.

I honestly think Matthews and this young team would be serious contenders in less than three seasons... but what do I know. I thought picking up Jokkinen and Seto were good moves.

Edited by Ducky

Definitely heard some talk that there are people out there who wouldn't take Matthews first overall but I'll be shocked, SHOCKED I say, if he isn't number one.

And I know there is a shot at the top 3 but my heart tells me the Jets will pick 7th overall.  Maybe we can get Chychrun or Tkachuk.

TSN had a little piece on the draft and released their rankings, Chychrun actually has fallen quite a bit since his pre-season ranking... Some concern there about his hockey sense which is quite high on the JETS wishlist of things they want in their players. They interviewed 10 random scouts and i believe only 4 of them had Chychrun in the top 10. Something off there with that kid, Not sure what it is... I think a name to keep an eye on for the JETS if they are picking in that 7 range would be Tyson Jost, a center who looked like the best player by far at the U18's in Grand Forks... think he's the type of guy the Jets would definitely go far. He's a riser, much like Scheifele was throughout his draft year, Just screams Jets type of pick to me, I know LHD is a concern but... with Chicagos pick and our 2nd, there should be a couple LHD or D in general to pick from with those 2 picks, Guys like Dante Fabbro, yeah he's a RHD but... who cares what hand he plays, he could be there at 22, was named one of canadas best players at U18's along with Jost and Howden i think was the other guy.

Whatever, whoever the JETS pick, I'm sure will be fine but... i'm starting to really believe that they don't go D with their first pick... There is nothing really there seperating the big 3 LHD, Chych, Juloevi and Sergachev, they all have potential to be very good, so unless you are absolutely convinced 1 is better than the other, I'm not sure you pick one of those guys just cuz LHD is an area of concern... I also don't think any of them (chychrun included) would make the team next season, i think they all need a year or 2 even still in junior... I'm fine with whoever they pick but having a high 20's pick and a high 2nd round pick also, well, i dunno, tells me they might lean towards BPA at 7 (if thats where they pick) and maybe grab LHD or D men in general with the other 2 picks. 

I dunno, drafting for need isn't really what you do in the NHL is it? You generally draft the best player available when it's your time to pick, will that be Chychrun when the Jets pick? Will it Jost? Tkachuk? Dubois even? Who knows, that's for the scouts to decide really. They get to talk to these guys behind the scenes, in person, see what they are like as people, I think that plays a role in who they will pick, theres been lots of fallers in NHL drafts gone by because of how poorly they interviewd or what teams learned in the interview about them, there have also been some risers (scheifele) being one based on all those intangibles also. 

I don't think you go in to a draft saying we need help on LHD this year so let's take the best LHD man available, You have to think longer term with the draft cuz outside the top 3, it's pretty unlikely that any of these guys are on a roster next season. 

Edited by Goalie